Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Wildlife TV encourages attempts at fox taming

Still Waters

Wildlife programmes that show people interacting with animals have encouraged “ridiculous” attempts to tame urban foxes leading them to become increasingly emboldened, an expert warned in the wake of an attack by a fox on a baby.

http://www.telegraph...-at-taming.html

Right this whole thing is starting to get on my nerves.

The whole fox thing is a joke.

The fact is the parents left a window or door open when they ahve a little baby and it's WINTER.

The parents where at fault.

I got annoyed with this exact stupidity when the whole Madeleine Mccann thing happened. Her parents where at fault, thye murdered her. It might have been an accident, but they left her on her own in a foreign country. They where the problem.

Bad parents always have scapegoats; Computer games, other people people, other kids, movies, TV and now foxes.

I've got some moron on my facebook who made a post about bringing fox hunting back because of this, one of the first idiots to fall for the propaganda campaign.

She didn't take into aocunt that it was winter, the parents left a door or window open and it happened inc entral London... Fox hunting wouldn't affect this whatsoever.

What would ahve happened if it was a pedophile thta took the child?! They are lucky that it was onyl a fox who attacked their baby after leaving a window or door open. Idiots.

Edited by Coffey

The fact is the parents left a window or door open when they ahve a little baby and it's WINTER.

I got annoyed with this exact stupidity when the whole Madeleine Mccann thing happened. Her parents where at fault, thye murdered her. It might have been an accident, but they left her on her own in a foreign country. They where the problem.

Bad parents always have scapegoats; Computer games, other people people, other kids, movies, TV and now foxes.

I've got some moron on my facebook who made a post about bringing fox hunting back because of this, one of the first idiots to fall for the propaganda campaign.

She didn't take into aocunt that it was winter, the parents left a door or window open and it happened inc entral London... Fox hunting wouldn't affect this whatsoever.

What would ahve happened if it was a pedophile thta took the child?! They are lucky that it was onyl a fox who attacked their baby after leaving a window or door open. Idiots.

Hey coffey, I have to agree with you here.

When I first read the account of this, my first thought was, "What the heck!How did a fox get into the child's bedroom in the first place?! Was the bedroom on the ground floor? What?

Hysteria over urban foxes, seems to outweigh sanity.

• Like 2

It's funny how you act as if no parent could dare make a mistake .. We all do, even as parents ...I have left my own back door open, not wide open, I was out getting coal.. I was busy lighting the fire, and in that time anything could have came in...I didn't notice until I went back out there again.. Anything could have happened, because I never closed my door right, any cat or dog etc could have nudged my door wide open easy...Me leaving my back door open was a mistake .... I feel sorry for the mother and her baby...Poor woman makes a mistake and I am sure she was gutted over it and here you are calling her an idiot..... Some day you too will make a mistake that may cause harm to another, it can happen to any one of us

Yes it was the fault of the mother for leaving a door open, but I am sure she feels a lot worse off for making such a mistake like that.. We all can rabbit on about what if? and call her an idiot, but to do that we would need to narrow our minds down to a bare minimum andblank out the fact that any one of us could make the same mistake or worse at any given moment..

I am not in favour of fox hunting, in fact I like foxes and I support the RSPCA, but I would not mouth off at the mother of this little baby for what happened, not would I fire names at her... I dare anyone here to seriously slag this woman off IF you have never in your life made a mistake that left you feeling gutted and sorry ?

Edited by Beckys_Mom

It's funny how you act as if no parent could dare make a mistake .. We all do, even as parents ...I have left my own back door open, not wide open, I was out getting coal.. I was busy lighting the fire, and in that time anything could have came in...I didn't notice until I went back out there again.. Anything could have happened, because I never closed my door right, any cat or dog etc could have nudged my door wide open easy...Me leaving my back door open was a mistake .... I feel sorry for the mother and her baby...Poor woman makes a mistake and I am sure she was gutted over it and here you are calling her an idiot..... Some day you too will make a mistake that may cause harm to another, it can happen to any one of us

Yes it was the fault of the mother for leaving a door open, but I am sure she feels a lot worse off for making such a mistake like that.. We all can rabbit on about what if? and call her an idiot, but to do that we would need to narrow our minds down to a bare minimum andblank out the fact that any one of us could make the same mistake or worse at any given moment..

I am not in favour of fox hunting, in fact I like foxes and I support the RSPCA, but I would not mouth off at the mother of this little baby for what happened, not would I fire names at her... I dare anyone here to seriously slag this woman off IF you have never in your life made a mistake that left you feeling gutted and sorry ?

I'm not callignt he woman an idot for making a mistake, I'm clalign the woman an idiot for not admitting it was her mistake and instead blaming the fox causing a huge fox hunt.

Why even bother getting Boris Johnson who has stated he wants fox hunting back to comment on this?!

The mother should not have blamed the fox and caused this, it's being used as an excuse to get people ont he side of bringing back fox hunting. That is why she is an idiot.

So you took the reaosn for me calling her an idiot wrong. Obviously I should have been clearer so i don't blame you.

As an example, if I had a baby and left it with my fmaily dog for 2 hours and came back and the dog had bitten the baby or even killed it... Would I blame the dog and call for all dogs to be killed? NO, I would blame myself compeltely. I'd expect you would do the same. This woman however would blame the dog it seems. How is that logical?

I don't see a bad parent as someone who makes a msitake, that's human. Int he case of Madeliene I think that was mroe than a simple msitake, so I won't go there. But with this it was a mistake and they don't admitt it was their mistake, they blame the fox. That to me is bad parenting.

If they where decent people and decent parents the article would clearly say that they made a msitake and this is what cna happen when that mistake is made and thye want to make this clear so other parents don't make the msitake. Instead they blame the fox and all hell breaks lose. Maybe they did try to say that and it's the media spinning it. I wouldn't be suprised at all.

Edited by Coffey

I'm not callignt he woman an idot for making a mistake, I'm clalign the woman an idiot for not admitting it was her mistake and instead blaming the fox causing a huge fox hunt.

Call yourself one for assuming that the media reported the full story... For the record.. She didn't leave the back door open...What you read before was not half told...

The mother and baby were not at their house in Bromley, Kent, left, on Sunday - after a fox entered through their back door, right, that had been left open because it was broken and was awaiting repair

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2KhNL0lIx

so I won't go there.

Don't, because reading your assumptions is more than enough

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Call yourself one for assuming that the media reported the full story... For the record.. She didn't leave the back door open...What you read before was not half told...

The mother and baby were not at their house in Bromley, Kent, left, on Sunday - after a fox entered through their back door, right, that had been left open because it was broken and was awaiting repair

Read more: http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz2KhNL0lIx

Don't, because reading your assumptions is more than enough

Hey BM I fully understand your anger and annoyance over any thought that it is or was the Mothers fault.

If the parents or those caring for the child are loving and caring, mistakes will happen, that is human nature.

If a fox gets gets into a bedroom with a child unsupervised for however little time, (lets face it, that is normal, especially if it has been left to sleep),

I just don't see that the Media should come down hard on the fox.

It just isn't fair, and it stirs up strife and hysteria were it isn't needed.

Save the "Urban fox" yes, but don't lets crucify the parent... and in the same breath, not the urban fox.

• Like 1

That doesn't make a difference, so what would ahve happened if a human had entered and took the baby?!

Fact is the Baby was in another room fromt he mother and the back door was open. Doesn't matter if it was broken, they should ahve put soemthing in front of it.

To blame the fox is still wrong and that is what makes her an idiot and Boris Moron Johnson.

Hey BM I fully understand your anger and annoyance over any thought that it is or was the Mothers fault.

If the parents or those caring for the child are loving and caring, mistakes will happen, that is human nature.

If a fox gets gets into a bedroom with a child unsupervised for however little time, (lets face it, that is normal, especially if it has been left to sleep),

Save the "Urban fox" yes, but don't lets crucify the parent... and in the same breath, not the urban fox.

The only reaosn i am calling ou t the parent is because she isn't accepting responsibility forthe msitake and is instead blaming the fox. Which I find hilerious. To me bad parenting is when you blame everyone else for your mistake(s).

Edited by Coffey

That doesn't make a difference, so what would ahve happened if a human had entered and took the baby?!

Fact is the Baby was in another room fromt he mother and the back door was open. Doesn't matter if it was broken, they should ahve put soemthing in front of it.

To blame the fox is still wrong and that is what makes her an idiot and Boris Moron Johnson.

The only reaosn i am calling ou t the parent is because she isn't accepting responsibility forthe msitake and is instead blaming the fox. Which I find hilerious. To me bad parenting is when you blame everyone else for your mistake(s).

Hi Coffey. I understand your anger, really I do.

Whatever the circumstances are in this case, it is still inevitable that the parent is going to strike out at the offender, in this case a fox.

As to blaming every-one else for your mistakes, I think that it is safe to say that is something we all do.

Urban foxes seem to be the only ones getting into peoples houses, (you don’t hear of foxes getting into bedrooms in rural houses) this could be a new phenomenon that is going to become more frequent.

We have to learn tolerance I think. It isn’t the foxes fault that it is living in an unnatural environment, and it isn’t the parents of children who are attacker’s fault either.

• Like 1

Hi Coffey. I understand your anger, really I do.

Whatever the circumstances are in this case, it is still inevitable that the parent is going to strike out at the offender, in this case a fox.

As to blaming every-one else for your mistakes, I think that it is safe to say that is something we all do.

Urban foxes seem to be the only ones getting into peoples houses, (you don’t hear of foxes getting into bedrooms in rural houses) this could be a new phenomenon that is going to become more frequent.

We have to learn tolerance I think. It isn’t the foxes fault that it is living in an unnatural environment, and it isn’t the parents of children who are attacker’s fault either.

it is worng for the parents to blame the fox though.

If this was a dog, you wouldn't demand a dog cull.

I find it hilerious how bears are accepted int he US and if thye kill someone they don't blame bears. In the UK we blame the fox? WHY?!

The only thing who is at fault is humans. Animals cannot help how they live, especially when we mess up their habitat.

If the baby was grabbed by a person, we would all be blaming the parents for not securing their house. Even boris would blame the parents.

Then there would be a massive story about that don't you think? We can chant a load of what if's until the cows come home, but what does that solve? The horse is long gone from the stable, no point in bolting the door now

Think of this for an example .. If you recall making a mistake, one that caused some trouble... It hits you later and you get upset from what had happened due to your own mistake... Do you think a bunch of what if's people chanting at you will make the problem any better?

It is natural for us to chant what if this and that? But the fact remains, it has already happened.. What if's will not change it

I am sure the mother ( if loving enough ) is blaming herself... Mothers tend to do that for most.. I have blamed myself for a few mishaps my own kids have went through even if I were not there ..We naturally blame ourselves

Then there would be a massive story about that don't you think? We can chant a load of what if's until the cows come home, but what does that solve? The horse is long gone from the stable, no point in bolting the door now

A massive sotry about how the parents should have secured the house... No human cull though.

A massive sotry about how the parents should have secured the house... No human cull though.

No, the massive story would be reporting the kidnapping incident like they usually do. followed by safety measure reports

You can go and make up a safety video, have it aired on every channel, based on how to secure your home from an intruder.. Do you think that everyone will take note? Even those that think they are safe, can still slip up.

It's like a careful driver, who has driven safely for many long years and not a hic up..One day he slips up and boom that's it for him...It happens to the best of us .

Edited by Beckys_Mom

No, the massive story would be reporting the kidnapping incident like they usually do. followed by safety measure reports

You can go and make up a safety video, have it aired on every channel, based on how to secure your home from an intruder.. Do you think that everyone will take note? Even those that think they are safe, can still slip up.

It's like a careful driver, who has driven safely for many long years and not a hic up..One day he slips up and boom that's it for him...It happens to the best of us .

Then if the careful driver was anything like these parents, he would blame the fox for running onto the road... :P

Then if the careful driver was anything like these parents, he would blame the fox for running onto the road... :P

If he is dead he wouldn't do....Sometimes late at night or driving through fog, or nasty weather, it is a lot harder to see what exactly will run out in front of you.. It can happen very quickly..I have heard of it happening. .EVEN with children running out so fast and not looking were they are going..

Edited by Beckys_Mom

If he is dead he wouldn't do....Sometimes late at night or driving through fog, or nasty weather, it is a lot harder to see what exactly will run out in front of you.. It can happen very quickly..I have heard of it happening. .EVEN with children running out so fast and not looking were they are going..

Well no, but didn't realise you emant he'd die.

Then is fmaily can say it, or the media. lol

It was a joke anyway.

Then is fmaily can say it

Are you trying to say his family? If so, they may not know what hit his car if it ran off !! My other point is fact, even to the most careful drivers, these things can happen when we least expect it

My hubby got deeply upset over a ginger and white kitten that had gotten loose on a country road.. He was driving an NTL transit van.. It was dark and a B road with no lights on.. He said he felt he hit something, but couldn't see.. He stopped the van, got out, and saw this kitten laying on the road..It was already dead...This really hurt my hubby, it haunted him for several weeks.. He couldn't look at a kitten much ...No one owned up to owning the cat either... All he could say to me was - "It happened so fast, I didn't see it, it went under the back wheels of my van, I was looking straight ahead".. I felt sorry for him, and told him it was not his fault.. it ran under the back of the van so he couldn't see it.. But Gary still blamed himself ... It was years before he would consider owning a cat.. We now have two of the greedy buggers lol .

Edited by Beckys_Mom

Are you trying to say his family? If so, they may not know what hit his car if it ran off !! My other point is fact, even to the most careful drivers, these things can happen when we least expect it

My hubby got deeply upset over a ginger and white kitten that had gotten loose on a country road.. He was driving an NTL transit van.. It was dark and a B road with no lights on.. He said he felt he hit something, but couldn't see.. He stopped the van, got out, and saw this kitten laying on the road..It was already dead...This really hurt my hubby, it haunted him for several weeks.. He couldn't look at a kitten much ...No one owned up to owning the cat either... All he could say to me was - "It happened so fast, I didn't see it, it went under the back wheels of my van, I was looking straight ahead".. I felt sorry for him, and told him it was not his fault.. it ran under the back of the van so he couldn't see it.. But Gary still blamed himself ... It was years before he would consider owning a cat.. We now have two of the greedy buggers lol .

Yeah I meant his fmaily, my keyboard is playing up.

My mum went through the exact same thing when a dog ran out in front of her car. So I know what it's like to see someone go through that. She acted exactly the same.

See he blaimed himself even though it wasn't even an accident, he wasn't at fault at all. Where as I aven't read naything on these parents even considering it ebing their mistake. Just fox this and fox that. Evne the father was qouted as blamig the fox in the daily fail article.

Yeah I meant his fmaily, my keyboard is playing up.

My mum went through the exact same thing when a dog ran out in front of her car. So I know what it's like to see someone go through that. She acted exactly the same.

See he blaimed himself even though it wasn't even an accident, he wasn't at fault at all. Where as I aven't read naything on these parents even considering it ebing their mistake. Just fox this and fox that. Evne the father was qouted as blamig the fox in the daily fail article.

The thing about it is, the media had already given conflicting reports as it is, and I know they rarely ever post 100% facts of the actual story.. Mothers ( most of them) usually do blame themselves, it's a natural instinct many mothers have .... It could be she did blame herself, but the media left that out due to looking to pump fear into people and hopefully get fox hunting back again? The media are good at manipulating stories, we all know this ..... I dunno, but it sounds very odd that a mother doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

The thing about it is, the media had already given conflicting reports as it is, and I know they rarely ever post 100% facts of the actual story.. Mothers ( most of them) usually do blame themselves, it's a natural instinct many mothers have .... It could be she did blame herself, but the media left that out due to looking to pump fear into people and hopefully get fox hunting back again? The media are good at manipulating stories, we all know this ..... I dunno, but it sounds very odd that a mother doesn't feel the slightest bit guilty

Compeltely agree. My point was only based on what the media is saying. I think it has been twisted.

• Like 1

Compeltely agree. My point was only based on what the media is saying. I think it has been twisted.

Yea, most likely twisted to suit their own agenda...

I have seen me blame myself if one of my kids caught a cold, even if I were not at home when they caught it, I would likely say, it's all my fault, I should have done this, given them that.etc etc . It's something many mothers cannot help...we just blame ourselves at all cost

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 1

Yea, most likely twisted to suit their own agenda...

I have seen me blame myself if one of my kids caught a cold, even if I were not at home when they caught it, I would likely say, it's all my fault, I should have done this, given them that.etc etc . It's something many mothers cannot help...we just blame ourselves at all cost

It's all wierd to be honest, if thye got photos of the baby then surely the mother must have commented. I haven't actual read one proper qoute fromt he mother. Just from the father.

I think the crux of this particular article is that urban foxes are a problem, and that everyone needs to try to do their bit not to encourage foxes to come near their homes (and therefore their small vulnerable children).

Shutting doors and windows is just good sense, especially in the inner city. Not leaving food waste where foxes can get it easily. Foxes aren't cute and cuddly, they shouldn't be encouraged by leaving food for them, thinking you're 'helping' them. We should be respectful of them as wild animals, not pets, and they're only following their instincts, they don't need persecution and this media frenzy of the evil fox.

I feel I must also point out that you should never 'release a fox back into the wild' by relocating them to a nice spot of countryside you feel would make a good home for a fox. It will die. If the foxes are such a problem, pest control needs to deal with it, far more humane than putting it somewhere where it will starve. Look how I said pest control, not fox hunters. High numbers of urban foxes do not equate to a need to reinstate fox hunting, which takes place in the countryside.

It's all wierd to be honest, if thye got photos of the baby then surely the mother must have commented. I haven't actual read one proper qoute fromt he mother. Just from the father.

I doubt the mother was silent.. I'd say they didn't report what she said to suit their agenda..

• Like 1