Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Last of Us

MysteryMike

Well there's going to be a survival horror video game releaed on May 7th. To those who are into survival and zombies. This might interest you. Anyway here it it.

the-last-of-us-box-art.jpg

The Last of Us is an upcoming survival horror action-adventure game developed by Naughty Dog for the PlayStation 3. It was officially revealed on December 10, 2011 during the Spike TV Video Game Awards and is scheduled for a worldwide release on May 7, 2013 as a PlayStation 3 exclusive.

The game focuses on two survivors, an adult Joel (voiced by Troy Baker) and a young Ellie (voiced by Ashley Johnson), trekking across a post-apocalyptic United States.

Gameplay

The Last of Us uses third-person view. The player will take control of Joel, while Ellie will be controlled by the AI. The game will involve gunfighting and melee combat and it will have a cover system. The player will fight off the Infected — former humans — and the Survivors — humans that are not infected, but are hostile towards Joel and Ellie. A new gameplay mechanic is a feature the developers call "dynamic stealth", meaning that there are many different types of strategies and techniques that the player can use at any given time as they approach a new situation, to which enemies will react differently. Though situations can have a different outcome, it all mainly depends on the player's preference of play.

Plot

The story is set two decades after a cordyceps-type fungus has killed millions, with nature gradually retaking the abandoned cities and towns. The survivors are hemmed inside quarantine zones, completely under the heel of the United States military, with order and screening for any Infected being viciously maintained under martial law. Joel, a hardened black-marketeer within one of the quarantine zones, goes through an event which makes him promise an old friend that he will get a young girl, Ellie, away from the harsh regime. They begin a journey through the USA, avoiding the Infected, humanoid creatures whose sole aim has become spreading the fungal infection, and scavengers that survive outside the quarantine zones who see Joel and Ellie as their latest prey. But, added to their problems, the military are determined to find Ellie and bring her back under their power.

And if you're wondering what the infected looks like. This is a picture of a design of one of them.

1295a_128_343865.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MysticStrummer

• MysteryMike

• Coffey

• Hasina

Top Posters In This Topic

This game has generated a lot of great buzz and Naughty Dog has a proven track record in the action adventure department so TLoU is definitely one title to watch.

Boo exclusives. :P seems like a good reason to get a Playstation though. Hope it's a really good 'zombie' game, there needs to be one.

Edited by Hasina

Boo exclusives. :P seems like a good reason to get a Playstation though. Hope it's a really good 'zombie' game, there needs to be one.

You played Killing Floor before?

No storyline etc, so as a single player survival it's got nothing. But for multiplayer survival it's pretty dman good. Very addictive.

I didn't even know it was exclusive. But I've been looking forward to both this and Tomb Raider for a while!

I had my eyes on this game too, as I enjoy survival horror games.

But after Coffey comments suggest this may not be another potential perfect marriage between survival horror and rpg that I had originally thought.

So I guess there's no PS3 envy from here.

Edited by B Jenkins

It's all down to personal taste of course, but most of my favorite games have been exclusives this gen so I say "Yay exclusives!". I agree there needs to be a really good zombie game. TLoU looks very cool, but not the kind of traditional zombie game I want.

Ive recently Re purchased a playstation for this game and Ni No Kuni (look it up if you like Studio Ghibli and/or RPGS) really cant wait for this game the E3 2012 footage was intense and overall delight to watch i cant wait too see how the relationship between joel and ellie play out. ^^

When I first saw the female protagonist, I immediately thought it was Ellen Page. If they ever make a film adaptation, she should definitely play the main female character.

Edited by Religulous

When I first saw the female protagonist, I immediately thought it was Ellen Page. If they ever make a film adaptation, she should definitely play the main female character.

She used to look even more like Ellen Page, but they changed her a bit because Ellen is starring in this other game, which is also a PS3 exclusive...

http://www.myplaystationwallpapers.net/1280x1024/beyond-two-souls-close-wallpaper/