Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Media Wildly Out-of-Touch with Priorities

tapirmusic

"Pew released a poll today that puts into stark contrast the widening gap between the elite media and the American people. When asked what their priorities were for Obama's second term, the American people overwhelmingly chose as their top three issues: strengthening the economy, job creation, and deficit reduction.

Way down at the bottom -- #17, #18, and #21 (out of 21) -- we find the media's priorities: guns, illegal immigration, and global warming.

And what a wild coincidence that the exact same divisive issues the media's focusing on to drive its coverage are the exact same divisive issues Obama's been using to distract from his jobless, shrinking economy."

1-24-13-1.png

http://www.people-press.org/2013/01/24/deficit-reduction-rises-on-publics-agenda-for-obamas-second-term/1/

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Journalism/2013/02/11/Poll-Shows-Media-Wildly-Out-of-Touch-with-Priorities-of%20Average-Americans

well #21 is something that does need to be discussed.

But you also have to remember that news organisations still think of themselves as being as they were in the days of Randolf Hurst - "we make the news, we tell people wht to talk about and what to think", that sort of thinking.

• Like 1

well #21 is something that does need to be discussed.

But you also have to remember that news organisations still think of themselves as being as they were in the days of Randolf Hurst - "we make the news, we tell people wht to talk about and what to think", that sort of thinking.

I agree that this is their attitude - problem for them is that this kind of thinking is as dead as the aforementioned Mr Hearst.

Good Grief, the american media is wildly out-of-touch with reality, not just priorities.

The american media is completely in the pocket of its corporate owners. The agenda it advances is the crony capitalism agenda that drives the government.

Though I do watch 20 minutes worth more or less every evening, it insults one's intelligence to do so.

• Like 1

I stopped watching main stream years ago. I cant even listen to 99% of politions speak. I can smell the lies coming off my TV screen
  • Like 1

I just thought it was interesting seeing what American's priorities are and comparing them to the current administrations push on guns, gay marriage, immigration... as if they don't even listen to a country screaming to fix the economy, instead they push, push their own social agendas...

• Like 1

Polls are Polls. This one has a particularly low sample size, 1500 ish and no information concerning the Demographic, Political, or Social standing of the people questioned.

They could have simply attended a Republican bash and asked everyone their opinion.Of course that would be representative of the Nation at Large, having lost twice in succession.. :yes:

Edited by keithisco