Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Face in Photo

stevemagegod

I just can`t see the face in the second photo. I see a piece of leather strap hanging on the bedpost, but aint we all got one of them? But sorry, no face.

Ha ha where's the cuffs lol. :yes:
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

So i showed my Uncle this Photo and he thought it looked like a skinny old man.

Why are people always sorry that they can't see what someone else claims to see?

• Like 2

I can see the "face" in the highlighted area but agree with the other posters, it's just our brains interpretting the pattern into something meaningful. Still, if unusual things are happening then keep snapping pics ;)

• Like 2

You're grasping here. There's ,nothing ...sorry Steve. You need to give it a rest for a bit I think

• Like 2

I can see the "face" in the highlighted area but agree with the other posters, it's just our brains interpretting the pattern into something meaningful. Still, if unusual things are happening then keep snapping pics ;)

i do. But i have never caught anything like that before, or since(Besides the occasional orb picture). I find it strange that i find both of my pillows on the ground and since my camera was right next to me, i decided to take a picture and a face appears. Also a couple nights ago the family was getting ready to leave somewhere and in my room(the room the picture is in) we could see a bright blue light when all of the lights were off. At first we thought it was my Laptop Computer Light on standby phase but i said no because i shut my lid before i walked out of my room.

Everyone should know this rule regarding ghost photos: If you cannot spot the "face" within a 1-second glance through the photo, and the "face" only appears after closer inspection, then it Pareidolia.

• Like 4

i do. But i have never caught anything like that before, or since(Besides the occasional orb picture). I find it strange that i find both of my pillows on the ground and since my camera was right next to me, i decided to take a picture and a face appears. Also a couple nights ago the family was getting ready to leave somewhere and in my room(the room the picture is in) we could see a bright blue light when all of the lights were off. At first we thought it was my Laptop Computer Light on standby phase but i said no because i shut my lid before i walked out of my room.

I believe you. I just don't see a face, that's all. Maybe there is some type of photo program that would allow you to be able to see the face more clearly?? I know on several photo programs they can help you sharpen and zoom into an image to see it clearly.

I could agree that there is a face on the pillow but not to the lamp. Maybe your imagination is pretty developed.

I could agree that there is a face on the pillow but not to the lamp. Maybe your imagination is pretty developed.

Indeed, I think its just our minds interpretting patterns, and some minds see more "meaning" in patterns than others.

• Like 2

Indeed, I think its just our minds interpretting patterns, and some minds see more "meaning" in patterns than others.

Welcome guys, nice to have a couple more seemingly level-headed individuals to join the ranks!

• Like 1

greenorb.png

95585941.png

Guys has anyone ever seen a Green Orb before? This is the first time that i have captured a Green Orb in a Photo instead of the normal white ones. I toke this picture because the dogs were growling at something in the area where the orb is and when i plugged it in the computer this thing showed up. I didn't capture any other Orb photos in any of the other 6 pictures after this.

Edited by stevemagegod

That's a dust spec illuminated by the flash of your camera, nothing more.

Oh, and there is no face on the head board, you're trying too hard to see things that aren't there.

• Like 3

Hey Steve, I believe tha tyou believe there are strange things going on in your house lately. The face you see in the picture is not coming up for me. That really only means that I can tsee it. If you still feel that there is something paranormal going on in your house, then start investigating it, but remember that just because you think it is paranormal does not mean that it is. A lot of times there is perfectly logical and reasonable explanation for things we dont understand.

Oh I almost forgot about the orb. :no:

Its dust.

Have to agree with Keninsc and Mekelyn, it looks like dust to me. Keep trying! :)

• Like 1

There is nothing paranormal about so-called "orbs". Orbs are not ghosts. They are perfectly normal photographic artifacts, as the examples below will show.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orb_(optics)#Example_images

Some probable causes of photographic artifacts are listed below. There are probably other possibilities, none of them paranormal.

• Dust on the lens.
  • Dirt in the camera.
  • Internal reflections in the lens structure, also known as "lens flare".
  • Deliberate multiple exposures.
  • Objects very close to lens.
  • Poor quality digital cameras.
  • Poor quality optics.
  • Deliberate digital editing of photographs.
  • Flash reflections from shiny objects in the room.
  • Contamination during processing of conventional film.
  • Contamination during printing of conventional prints.
  • Scanner anomalies.
  • Dust on the scanner glass.
  • Bad or outdated film.

• Like 2

It is essential for a baby to know its mother, and for an adult to know its friends and enemies. The human brain has a huge area dedicated to recognizing faces that are actually almost identical. It is a product of our evolution that we can look pretty much anywhere and find a face or part of a face.

• Like 1

I didn't see any kind of face. I wouldn't be so much worried about a face, though...something moved your stuff. The only explanation I can think of is that on your way out you moved the comforter which threw the pillows off of your bed. Other than that, if it is an isolated incident, I'd say nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

I didn't see any kind of face. I wouldn't be so much worried about a face, though...something moved your stuff. The only explanation I can think of is that on your way out you moved the comforter which threw the pillows off of your bed. Other than that, if it is an isolated incident, I'd say nothing to worry about.

Indeed. But if you felt there were things going on - and let's be fair - Steve is trying to capture it and he's trying to show his evidence here. There may well be a rational explanation but full credit to the OP for posting. Hopefully this is something that can be explained away rationally but if its not, he just might capture something!

• Like 2

Indeed. But if you felt there were things going on - and let's be fair - Steve is trying to capture it and he's trying to show his evidence here. There may well be a rational explanation but full credit to the OP for posting. Hopefully this is something that can be explained away rationally but if its not, he just might capture something!

Oh, absolutely! Definitely happy that they at least attempted to post a picture, and with something some people got something out of. This is what OPs should strive for!

• Like 1

I've been staring at the picture for five minutes and I don't see a face. I don't see anything that would make me see a face. I think you're just seeing things.

They were both up by the headboard positioned side by side. I have lived in my house for over 20 years and nothing like this has ever happened before. But lately i have been noticing an unusualy amount of bizarre activity in my house. Like about a month ago my brand new TV was off and i heard the sound it makes when someone turns it on. While i was upstairs and no one was home. My first thought was my Dog laying on the couch sat on the remote and turned it on. But when i found the remote she was no where near it. The TV hasn't done it since to.

This makes me think it's just your imagination. If you've been living in this house for that long and nothing has happened, why does a ghost pop up suddenly? Why now after 20 years? Unless something significant happened recently in your house to make a ghost "wake up" or something of that nature.

greenorb.png

95585941.png

Guys has anyone ever seen a Green Orb before? This is the first time that i have captured a Green Orb in a Photo instead of the normal white ones. I toke this picture because the dogs were growling at something in the area where the orb is and when i plugged it in the computer this thing showed up. I didn't capture any other Orb photos in any of the other 6 pictures after this.

Just looks like dust or something being reflected.

• Like 1

I like the doggies.

• Like 2