Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

In Texas with the gun-lovers

Beckys_Mom

I set my sky box to record this short film from channel 4 news ...

You can watch this short film here -> http://blogs.channel...un-lovers/23658

Watching the video, I have to admit, I completely understand how those teachers feel.. The physics teacher looked as though she was choked up.. These people show compassion for their students safety, so I can certainly see why teachers want to fight back

If you watch the video, a man who was training the teachers ( Johnny Price ) made a good point ..When asked does it scare him to know that the bad guys and the good guys who have guns, Johnny had this to say - "God made us all different sizes and frames, strengths, weaknesses, ages, Sam Colt made us equal" .

The best part of this film is the man ( named Vic ) in the trailer park, who happened to be in the right place at the right time ...He heard gun shots, he saw a woman laying in a pool of blood.. The cop had showed up, only to be pinned down by the shooter..The man thought, this guy hasn't got a chance.. For the first time in his life, Vic had to use his gun to take out the shooter... Because Vic took out the shooter, he saved the life of the cop, and the rest of the trailer park residents

The video in my opinion was very helpful and it allowed me to see that these good guys with their guns can in fact do more good to save their own lives and the lives of others around them.. As the British news reporter says - A good guy with a gun had stopped the bad guy with a gun... This indeed is most true..

What I feel needs to be looked at is - The fact that these Americans have grown up with guns all their lives, and I know Obama is not taking away their guns, because gun control does not mean anti gun.. In saying that, I feel these good people need to protect themselves......I would want to do it if I lived in a place like that..

Edited by Beckys_Mom
  • Like 4

Sounds like a good documentary.

You highlight one of the great frustrations of many gun owners - there is absolutely zero recognition in the popular press that guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens save lives. And because of this, you have a growing group who see no benefit at all in gun ownership.

Case in point - how many millions of people around the world read about the 15-year-old in Chicago who one week after marching in Obama's inauguration parade was gunned down (granted she was hanging out with a bunch of bangers) vs how many even had the chance to read about the woman in Georgia who hid in a crawlspace with her two children and was forced to shoot a home invader?

Research has shown that firearms are used to protect people upward of two million times a year and in most cases simply brandishing the firearm is enough to completely diffuse the situation - that has certainly been true for my father in two instances over the course of his life.

• Like 2

Sounds like a good documentary.

I posted the link of the short documentary..If you have a few mins free, you may like to watch it... I think it's worth the watch

Here’s what’s going on from just next door:

http://www.kob.com/a...vid=3937595&v=1

http://www.kob.com/a...vid=3937595&v=1

This is a reasonable approach. Obama would have done well to just get behind 1 change and not 23. That is the reason that makes it clear what his intentions really are and he will lose! If you first can ban ammo or high capacity magazines, then how long before stricter regulations are in place?

Do you understand that the thing that is far more valuable to Americans than their lives is their liberty? We do not care for big brother to “be there” in the society to protect us nor are they capable of it. Stick to defending us from foreign enemies and let us deal with the homefront. Most Americans still do not want to live in a gilded cage. The reason behind the 2nd Amendment is not to be able to hunt. It is to dismantle a repressive tyrannical government. The people are growing weary of how this President is threatening their liberty and freedom. To change this society into a dream of his father, leading us further away from the dreams of our Founding Fathers.

"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember it or overthrow it." -- Abraham Lincoln, 4 April 1861

I think that the people have forgotten this but are now re-learning this lesson (albeit perhaps too late). The law abiding, liberty loving citizen is slow to action and that allows the enemies of freedom to pervert this Constitutional Republic.

• Like 1

Gun-lovers? Because they choose to have guns? Are people who choose to have abortions Abortion-lovers? :no:

If gun control doesn't mean anti-gun, then having guns doesn't mean gun-lover.

and I know Obama is not taking away their guns

Obama wants gun bans, and the kinds of guns he wants to ban are the kinds of guns people are carrying in the OP video.

Oops! Didn't catch this earlier but that first clip should have been:

http://www.kob.com/a...vid=3935022&v=1

The second one is a followup.

I clicked your link to check it out, after it played an Ad, it wouldn't play the video...sigh ..

You paint the picture in America in too much of a light. The infringements and destruction through other means are by no less words, Reprehensible and the lot of Congress and the POTUS should be arrested by the Senate Sergeant of Arms as that is his duty.

I only highlight the 2nd Amendment and CISPA as 2 outrageous events that are ongoing and costing lives these very days. WE ARE in a revolution. Make it grow. Network and hit them where it counts. Theres still some Laws that exist that protect us from these infringements but they have to be used.

As chief law enforcement officer of the Senate, the Sergeant at Arms is charged with maintaining security in the Capitol and all Senate buildings, as well as protection of the members themselves. The Sergeant at Arms serves as the executive officer of the Senate for enforcement of all rules of the Committee on Rules and Administration regulating the Senate Wing of the Capitol and the Senate Office Buildings and has responsibility for and immediate supervision of the Senate floor, chamber and galleries. The Sergeant at Arms is authorized to arrest and detain any person violating Senate rules, including the President of the United States.

source: http://www.senate.go...ant_at_arms.htm

Anonymous Author:

WE will call upon those who voted against the NDAA to call upon the Senate Sergeant at Arms who is authorized to arrest and detain ALL persons violating Senate rules,[19] including the oath of office, and to arrest ALL who are guilty of TREASON and CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT INSURRECTION against the Republic and the sovereigns of the United States of America under Article 3 Section 3 of the United States Constitution.
If the Sergeant at Arms fails to perform his duties WE will call upon the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff [21] to convene a covert meeting to get a vote of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Provost Marshall General of the Army and/or Marines included in attendance as well,[22] [23] and demand the military to forcibly remove ALL those guilty of TREASON and CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT INSURRECTION against the Republic and the sovereigns of the United States of the America.

The due date is February 13th....There wasting time toasting there lame as crap State of the Union which helps noone with anything.

Edited by AsteroidX

In Texas with gun lovers is not a name I invented for the thread, anyone reading and watching the video can clearly see it is the title of the short documentary given by Channel 4 News.. What I have posted was what was spoken about in the documentary by those interviewed

The lady speaking around the 6 minute mark. Here is her testimony during the original AWB testimony. Were not rogues theres history behind this issue.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KKWNTdTRQuE[/media]

Edited by AsteroidX

I clicked your link to check it out, after it played an Ad, it wouldn't play the video...sigh ..

That's an annoying part of that site. They play commercials before the clip, but it should have gone into the report right after?? There might be a pause… Are the "play" controls accessible? The vid in question should appear at the top of the section right below the clip. The title is "Gun rights protesters rally at Roundhouse".