Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3D printed meat could soon be cheap and tasty

ExpandMyMind

What about Jesus ? They should try it from the Jesus's shroud and see what happen :o

And make a Jesus burger?

Takes the eucharist to a new level.

Edited by Rlyeh

thanks flombie!

I kinda thought they would, as theoretically, there'd be no difference between fabricated meat and other meat substitutes like soya, or quorn.

thanks flombie!

I kinda thought they would, as theoretically, there'd be no difference between fabricated meat and other meat substitutes like soya, or quorn.

Well, I suppose a question would be... What about grown meat? Like when they take some animal cells and grow them into a mass. Chicken breasts grown in tanks. Would that be a suitable meat substitute like soya or quorn?

If the answer is no, then 3D bioprinted meat would not be a suitable substitute.

3-D printed meat? Hmmm... I just don't know how it could taste the same.

IMO, soy and turkey burgers have come a long way since original introduction. I like turkey bacon a lot.

But 3-D printed meat?

What happens if they run-out of one the "inks" ?

Sorry, sir, your steak is a little blue. :w00t:

• Like 2

rashore, 3D printed meat IS meat grown from cultured cells, it's just the delivery system that's different!

like the difference between walking to work or catching a bus. it's still YOU that arrives, just a little later.

and sweatier.....

:-)

And another thing. If we stop eating beef, how many cattle ranchers and farmer will be out of jobs? For those of you that think farm land is a waste, I feel the same about golf courses. Wait - all the cattle/farm land can be turned into Golf Courses! End of waste!

Grow vegetables...

:tu:

rashore, 3D printed meat IS meat grown from cultured cells, it's just the delivery system that's different!

like the difference between walking to work or catching a bus. it's still YOU that arrives, just a little later.

and sweatier.....

Hopefully it wont be the same delivery system as the dumb-**** UPS delivery who threw the packaged laptop over the fence.

Omaha Steaks... take notice!

Hopefully it wont be the same delivery system as the dumb-**** UPS delivery who threw the packaged laptop over the fence.

Omaha Steaks... take notice!

with the projected date for reasonable mass production being a least 'a couple of decades' away, it's almost certainly being delivered by the Royal Mail.....

and sweatier.....

I know bioprinted meat uses cells just like regular grown meat. That's why I said if one thinks tank grown meat is not a suitable meat substitute for soya or quorn, then bioprinted meat would not be suitable either. Bioprinting is a fairly new technology not everyone knows about, growing chicken breasts in a tank is a notion people are already familiar with.

So, is any form of lab meat a suitable meat substitute for plants? Probably not if someone is totally no animal consumption for various reasons. But quite possibly yes if people view lab meat as a suitable meat substitute for live raised meat.

• Like 1

3-D printed meat? Hmmm... I just don't know how it could taste the same.

IMO, soy and turkey burgers have come a long way since original introduction. I like turkey bacon a lot.

But 3-D printed meat?

What happens if they run-out of one the "inks" ?

Sorry, sir, your steak is a little blue. :w00t:

Gah, I try to avoid soy at all costs, it will spike your estrogen production if your a guy, which isn't good if you want to stay in shape.

Gah, I try to avoid soy at all costs, it will spike your estrogen production if your a guy, which isn't good if you want to stay in shape.

so, you don't fancy growing a pair of breasticles then wolverine?

could be fun!

although I should imagine the novelty would wear off pretty quickly.....

Distinguish between fermented soy products, which are probably quite good for you and have been consumed in Asia for ages and the newer unfermented soy products which aren't so good for women either -- there is an association with breast cancer.

The answer to the question,"Would you eat 3D printed meat"? has to be - why not, we're already eating horse meat aren't we!!

• Like 1

I just want to know when I can start 3d printing women that I enjoy looking at on the internet....

• 2 weeks later...