Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Prophecy of St. Malachy

ambelamba

Supposed prophecy by a 12th century Archbishop but not published until 1595,oh the Sweet smell of BS.

Given that the List after 1590 is really not that accurate,and as any prophecy can be generally be moulded to any person or event.

Fortunately I'm not one for Prophecy or Biblical Prophecy fairy tales.

• Like 1

Malachy's prophecy never states the last pope will be named Petrus Romanus. The prophecy states that when Petrus Romanus will reign, Rome will be destroyed and the christianity ends.

After March 1, Ratzinger will not be Pope any longer. The church will be under the reign of Camerlengo, that it a special Cardinal that reigns between popes.

Now, the actual Cardinal Camerlengo is called Pietro Tarcisio Bertone and he's born in the town of Romano Canavese.

Simply said, Ratzinger was the last pope. Petrus Romanus will start reigning March 1.

There is no proof Malachy even wrote it and that it is a 16th Century forgery.

Bit odd to have a thread about a prophecy and not even a small description of what the prophecy actually says. Link, anyone?

*goes off muttering about not having my glasses and probably missing the prophecy*

Here's a thread that started about it recently... http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=242815&st=0&p=4660903&hl=+popeentry4660903

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They want Revelations (The Apocalypse) to be true so bad that they'll fulfill their own prophecies...

Supposed prophecy by a 12th century Archbishop but not published until 1595,oh the Sweet smell of BS.

Given that the List after 1590 is really not that accurate,and as any prophecy can be generally be moulded to any person or event.

Fortunately I'm not one for Prophecy or Biblical Prophecy fairy tales.

Thanks, I was also going to post the provenance of this document. My work here is done. :)

And now this: [media=]http://youtu.be/1uQAAX0CyGI[/media]

People still hang on to Hal Lindsey's words? This is a man who wrote bestsellers predicting that the Apocalypse would occur no later than 1988. He based that on his interpretation of scripture that he says pointed to the birth of Israel in 1948 and the biblical definition of a generation as being 40 years.

Well, 1988 came and went. And this guy is still making money! Unbelievable. Why can't some consumer protection agency get rid of this charlatan, and all the others?

People still hang on to Hal Lindsey's words? This is a man who wrote bestsellers predicting that the Apocalypse would occur no later than 1988. He based that on his interpretation of scripture that he says pointed to the birth of Israel in 1948 and the biblical definition of a generation as being 40 years.

Well, 1988 came and went. And this guy is still making money! Unbelievable. Why can't some consumer protection agency get rid of this charlatan, and all the others?

Funnily enough people can always mould Prophecy to events after they happen, no one can say what will happen in the next ten years from reading the Quatrains of Nostradamus for example.

Interpretation is the Keyword here,and people use a big helping of it when reading the Gobbledegook in Revelations and any other so called Prophetic scripts.

Edited by shaddow134

It must be noted i hardly look at St. Malachy predictions, i'm not that type of animal, however i give predictions based on human beliefs in tune with Sun worship and Sirius and Alnilam....we will wait to the second half of March, ha ha!

Obviously i do come out of hiding sometimes with a prediction ha ha!

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50567

I dunno. Weird coincidences do happen. When Aztecs were invaded by Spaniards they had this prophecy about white skinned people coming. Guess what happened.

You can't destroy Rome without p***ing off NATO, period.

And there's not a single nation in this world that is willing to invade the Italian border and march into the Vatican to destroy it. Even more, There are 1.1 billion Catholics on this planet. How in the hell anyone can actively persecute them without facing massive resistance? A long time ago, I mentioned that Catholics won't easily abandon their faith just because the Vatican is destroyed.

If some one hell of a coincidence happens and someone or some entity is out to destroy Catholic church, it simply cannot be done by human hands. No nation in this world is capable of actively suppressing a global religion.

I don't think it actually refers to Vatican City being destroyed , but that the Catholic Church will somehow end or change in some way. There's a lot of things going on politically globably and I suspect that the Vatican is connected in that circle of elitist.

It would be odd though if something does change being that the church is said to take a really long time to change from their old customs...Also, I could see catholic people going along with whatever the pope tells them...people seem to be more willing to go with the flow as opposed to not that's why we're born into a system of lies, because we all just go with it, what could anyone really do about it, not go to work?

I dunno. Revelation 17 gives some insight on how the city of seven hills would be destroyed. A loose union of nations would form an entirely new nation. Those nations would hate the city and burn her with fire. Seeing that it was named the city on seven mountains, I'm more inclined to believe it is talking about Rome.

Rome is most similar to Babylon. Babylon, if you remember, destroyed Jerusalem. So did Rome. It makes snese to me.

I believe Revelation is not going to happen in this world because Jesus has paid for the sins of his followers. I also believe that Revelation will happen the moment you die because you will reinact it for you to find who you will give your allegiance to. God already knows your position since the foundation of the world. I have a feeling a person knows whose side his on in the back of his mind.
  • Like 1

I dunno. Weird coincidences do happen. When Aztecs were invaded by Spaniards they had this prophecy about white skinned people coming. Guess what happened.

But this is a 'legend' that came from Spanish sources, and after the Conquest of the Aztecs:

http://en.wikipedia....as_Quetzalcoatl

Edited by Abramelin
  • Like 1

Sounds like a self-fulfilling prophecy. They want Revelations (The Apocalypse) to be true so bad that they'll fulfill their own prophecies...

Doubters can say the same for any prophecy - or in this case - prediction that they choose to disavow. For example I'll use my old standard, which I really anticipate happening soon: Isaiah 17:1 states that Damascus Syria will one day become a ruinous heap, not to be inhabited any longer and that it would happen overnight. When it was written about 2600 years ago, it was impossible for men to destroy a city of this size overnight. Damascus is still inhabited and has been continually since that prophecy was uttered. IF it is nuked by Israel in response to a chemical weapons attack from Syria then all elements of the prophecy could be fulfilled and ready for the morning news. But most here said they still would never accept it as a valid "prophecy". Apparently prophecies are only valid if they describe day, date, weather, and the latest lottery numbers. So believe what you will, but remember that this prediction is not from the Bible, so blaming Christians for it is in error, regardless of if a Catholic priest supposedly uttered it or not.
  • Like 3

Lets make it clear Catholic rules are that the next Pope election can't start without a pause of 15 days at least by conclave, oops that makes it 15th March at least, Ides of March????

This Pope will resign on 28th Febuary 2013, Julius Caesar didn't like 15th March, we know why!

The English moan about buses, they say they all come at once, it is like that with astronomy, some months have a lot of alignments to Sirius and Alnilam, other months at location of Rome, you don't get any.....there are a few dates from 15th March 2013 to end of month that will align to election of a new Pope in Rome....we will wait and see, Ha Ha!

The 15 day wait in between is only in the event of Papal death which in this case doesn't apply....

Doubters can say the same for any prophecy - or in this case - prediction that they choose to disavow. For example I'll use my old standard, which I really anticipate happening soon: Isaiah 17:1 states that Damascus Syria will one day become a ruinous heap, not to be inhabited any longer and that it would happen overnight. When it was written about 2600 years ago, it was impossible for men to destroy a city of this size overnight. Damascus is still inhabited and has been continually since that prophecy was uttered. IF it is nuked by Israel in response to a chemical weapons attack from Syria then all elements of the prophecy could be fulfilled and ready for the morning news. But most here said they still would never accept it as a valid "prophecy". Apparently prophecies are only valid if they describe day, date, weather, and the latest lottery numbers. So believe what you will, but remember that this prediction is not from the Bible, so blaming Christians for it is in error, regardless of if a Catholic priest supposedly uttered it or not.

Totaly agree Isha 17 is just around the corner. I also think the sign of the son of man spoken of in Mathew 24 could be this comet thats coing in September. The way its described, it sounds alot like the star that sent the 3 wise men to Jesus after his birth. Could be, being the key words there though.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Icaruis 13,

It is as i suspected from the middle of February, i though there was some intentional astrology coming either linked to the Papal Conclave date or date of election of new Pope, we now know that the election process will start on 12th March 2013 in Rome, it usaully takes 2-3 days to elect a new head of the Catholic Church, there is a flurry of rare alignments in Rome during this period, the New Pope will be marked by ancient Greek day marker, being sunset, while Alnilam, Belt of Orion and Osiris star culminates in centre of the sky, this has been intentional all the time.

I will add astronomy graph when the event happens!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21717883

I remember something being said that the next Pope will begin his role on Easter day. I don't know if that meant on Easter , or , by Easter there will be a Pope . Easter is the 31st of this month ( i think)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bergoglio

Pope Francis I is kind of a hard fit for "Peter the Roman". The only connection to Rome i can see is:

As cardinal, Bergoglio was appointed to several administrative positions in the Roman Curia. He served on the Congregation of Clergy, Congregation of Divine Worship and Sacraments, Congregation of Institutes of Consecrated Life and the Congregation of Societies of Apostolic Life. Bergoglio became a member of the Commission on Latin American and the Family Council.

But nothing regarding "Peter"

At least nothing about this guy is Peter related...except he had a brother who died who's name was Pietro. But...what if this guy is actually Pietro and the younger brother was the one who died...kind of like a bait and switch?! Ha! take that UM forums!

Edit: Maybe I'm wrong...could've sworn I just read that somewhere. Ok, nevermind then, carry on.

Edited by WoIverine

An Argy is he? Looks like the Falkand Islanders are in for a hard time! (The Catholic ones anyway!)

The new pope is a Jesuit pope this is crazy.is there a link for the prophecy

Okay, I like Girls, however many parts of me doesn't work now, I'm disabled, Ha Ha!

I'm not against others that have a problem with sex, shock horror!!!!!!

As long as both are adult, i'm getting ready to bite as an English Protestant Bull Dog Ha Ha!

Lets hope you see symbolism with new Pope, obviously i'm an English Bull Dog, Ha Ha!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Condom_on_Obelisk,_Buenos_Aires.jpg