Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN asks: Asteroids Effect of Global Warming?

Render

Those who believe that global warming is dire, warn that this phenomenon represents a major threat to life on earth but is global warming also a threat beyond our planet? On the face of it, the “global” aspect of global warming would lead one to believe that the threat of climate change is somewhat localized. For one CNN anchor, however, the challenges posed by global warming extend out into the solar system where they somehow created the circumstances that led to a near-earth asteroid just missing the planet.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-anchor-asks-bill-nye-if-global-warming-had-anything-to-do-with-a-near-earth-asteroid/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nxe8_auu8YU

How come there are so many idiots on tv? Fox claims Germany has more sun ... this silly git wants to know global warming causes asteroids ... i mean ... why bother spreading science?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Little Fish

• Render

• Hasina

• AsteroidX

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just read they estimated the one flying by Friday has a value of 495B. How the heck...I mean. The first thing they do is put a dollar figure on these thing. Sick. :alien:

Edited by AsteroidX

Some years ago a Russian scientist(i think) proposed a controversial theory which makes the Tunguska event responsible for GW.

The main reasoning behind this theory was that the changes in the amount of ice crystals at high altitude could be responsible for damaging the layer of thin high altitude clouds which are found in our mesosphere, These clouds reduce the amount of solar radiation reaching our earth's surface.

But blaming the asteroid on GW is totally ridiculous and some peoplewonder why you have GW sceptics.. THIS IS WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry haven't watched the video, but if she and this Mr. Science man blames asteroids on GW then both of them should be removed from TV and shoot for misleading the public!!