Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Utah Teen Kicked Out of Class

Keel M.

In the past few months, schools have banned everything from yoga pants and Ugg boots to birthday candles and peanut butter sandwiches. But one Utah middle school is cracking down on hair color—even if the color in question isn't a garish blue or green but just a dark shade of red.

This is definitely extreme.

Full story

Edited by Lady Kasey
  • Like 1

AMERICA!! land of the free home of the brav... babies.

Yeah, really! Restrictions on hair colours....sure, that's freedom.

Ya know... I can understand some restrictions... But your auburn kind of looks like it has some odd highlights in certain light? Give me a break.

I thought her hair looked nice. It is part of who her is. What is wrong with the people we have teaching kids theses days? Let Freedom Ring

There is nothing unnatural about her hair colour...apart from the fact that it is not her natural colour! but its not an odd colour or a human head.

I can understand if it was blue or green, there are rules in schools and if they can wear their hair any colour they like they will want the same with clothes and what they carry. certain things do need to be adhered to.

But that young lady has done nothing wrong, I just hope someone so young does not do it too often or she could end up looking like this:

donald-trump-bad-hair.jpg?w=529

• Like 3

Power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Some people relish the idea they have absolute power over others even down to judging them and finding them guilty of being lessor because of their hair colour.

Power corrupts - absolute power corrupts absolutely. Some people relish the idea they have absolute power over others even down to judging them and finding them guilty of being lessor because of their hair colour.

I guess this man can prove that hair colour does not affect the power you can have, no matter how many times you dye it:

• Like 1

I guess this man can prove that hair colour does not affect the power you can have, no matter how many times you dye it:

This man is living proof of the depths to which humanity can fall imo, gah he makes my skin crawl.

• Like 1

Stupid to the max.

Oddly, her haircolor is close to my natural haircolor. I call prejudice against reds!

is that natural redheads or the dyed variety?

Stupid to the max.

Oddly, her haircolor is close to my natural haircolor. I call prejudice against reds!

Don't tell me High schools have the "let's bully gingers" complex normally associated with elementary schools. It's childish to attack each other over the color of hair by taunting or teasing. South Park did an episode on "ginger bullying" involving a prank by the boys to turn Eric Cartman to a ginger, so he learns the lesson what it's like to be bullied for his appearance.

IMO, auburn hair isn't the same like blue or green or pink hair. I mean, c'mon, that Utah public school thought she dyed her hair in an unnatural color hue? That's incredibly horrible and abrasive to penalize her for it...not about tolerance, but enforcing an oddity of a rule which should be revised and voted out of the school rulebook.

That's beyond messed up . the captain of my EMS station used to mess with me for stuff like this ,so I would mess back....

He used to give me grief if my hair wasn't above my collar on duty .

He was a giant ass . No one liked him ,and he was a male chauvinist.

I had it in a pony tail . Then he would b**** about my jewelry .

Needless to say he left alone the guys with pony tails ,and girls of different ethnicity ,who didnt even do a pony tail and wore huge earrings and chains ,on duty .

I started taking pictures of everyone .

I also would come in in kabuki white face and red lipstick ,with my hair up ,with glitter gel .

He would say,that look is a bit harsh ! So I would say,Yeh ,but my hair is above my collar.

I would wash it all off once we went out on the truck .

He finally gave me a command discipline for all of it,including hanging my keys and O2 wrench on my belt .

I said ,that's not even in the protocol book .So he says, ..doesn't mean its right .

So I refused to sign any of it ,and asked for a meeting with the chief .

I met with the Chief,and spread all the photos ,dozens of them,of other members of the station,with hair down ,jewelry on,and even keys on belts .

I said ,feel free to command discipline me,but an EEOC lawyer will make mince meat of the charges .

Oddly ,it all went away,and was never mentioned again .

They should get a lawyer ,switch schools. I would .Just to make an example of them .

Edited by Simbi Laveau

And her hair color affects her ability to learn and/or interferes with someone else's ability to learn how?

• Like 1

This man is living proof of the depths to which humanity can fall imo, gah he makes my skin crawl.

I had a double take when I saw that!

• Like 1