Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy Between Couples: Is It Real?

Still Waters

When Julie Beischel met Mark Boccuzzi at a conference and agreed to participate in an experiment on telepathy, she didn’t immediately tell him about the powerful connections she’d felt to him; after all, they were strangers.

Now married, however, Beischel and Boccuzzi credit telepathy for helping them meet and fall in love.

http://news.discover...real-120212.htm

Mrs.E knows to the second when I've misbehaved or messed something up! Yo' preachin' to da choir, sister!

• Like 4

When Julie Beischel met Mark Boccuzzi at a conference and agreed to participate in an experiment on telepathy, she didn’t immediately tell him about the powerful connections she’d felt to him; after all, they were strangers.

Now married, however, Beischel and Boccuzzi credit telepathy for helping them meet and fall in love.

http://news.discover...real-120212.htm

I got a phone call a while ago and knew who it was before they spoke because I could see them.

Funnily enough when I automatically turn around to find someone watching me I also realise the trigger is that really deep down I saw them.

Telepathy is starting to evolve for humanity in ever more noticeable ways.

• Like 1

I don't need science to tell me it's real. I've been married for over 20 years. When you're truly with someone and you truly love them, you become like one individual.

I can't count how many times that it'll be the middle of the day.....or early morning.....late evening...that I'll have a need to speak to my wife, and just as I reach for my cell phone, it rings and it's her on the other end. And the same thing happens to her.

If it happened just once in a great while, or if our lives were routine and we kept the same schedule, then you could chalk it up to chance.

But it doesn't just happen once in a while. It happens all the time. The first couple of times it probably freaked me out a little bit. But it's happened so much that I don't give much thought to it unless I happen across something that reminds me of it.....such as this thread.

And I'm sure there will be skeptics that will refute everything. Well, to you skeptics....before you say what you're going to say......

You're not me. You're not my wife. You don't know my situation and you're not with me every day of the week. If you don't or haven't experienced the types of things I'm talking about then you're either not or never have been truly in love with someone, or your mind is simply so closed that you aren't capable of understanding the joy of it.

And that's sad.

• Like 3

I don't see why not, just most sources come off a tad bit unreliable. I don't think it is even limited to couples but anybody your close to. I just can't also deny that people are creatures of habit as well, that some people may fall in to that(more often then not) then actually experiencing something(some people are down right predictable). It most likely exists but rarer then people make it out to

When it does happen it is incredibly creepy.

It's will surpassing borders most of us have imposed on ourselves. I wager people have different versions of how it happens to them, but the common thing would likely be the (maybe more subconscious and unconditional, un-anxious) will or drive (too shallow word) to connect to one another.

I've had telepathic moments in my life from time to time.

Didn't think much of it though.

• Like 1

Telepathy Between Couples: Is It Real?

No...

But they can better predict each others responses and needs from experience gained from spending time together.

• Like 1

I can remember at an early age my mom saying to me that she wished she had a spool of black thread and my dad bringing one home after work. She said she hadn't mentioned it to him and we had no phone at the time. There was something between those two. If it wasn't telepathy, it was a very odd coincidence.

This has nothing to do with a spouse but is odd. The only unexplained (and perhaps unexplainable) instance that I know of concerning "telepathy" happened to my sister. She was sitting around a fire on a beach with a friend who had an identical twin brother. For no apparent reason, all of a sudden the man leapt to his feet all in a dither. Later they learned that at that exact moment his twin brother had been in an automobile accident. The brother was not hurt as far as I know, but that is pretty strange non-the-less.

is this even a question???i mean well telepathy whether people and mainstream scientist want to believe it or not telepathy does exist.but no wait scientist say if you can't research it through a microscope or use the human five senses to detect it don't exist.really people and mainstream scientist???you guys are so limited and close minded yeah i said close minded and limited.there are so much and many things out there that science can't detect or explain.people science is a baby maybe one day it will uncover it maybe not who knows.but one thing i am certain science is a baby meaning early stages!!! think about that people and rethink your way of thinking and science.but for the couple communication duh of course its not even a question

definitely not properly understood. does seem to be hit and miss.read minds? not likely but.........

yea there was either a psychic connection,subconscious connection and etc.either one of them 3 or multiple ones at the same time.and there's always the exchange of energy between people too.what i mean every living thing is sending out energy and people at the same frequency and operating under the same or similiar know it but can't explain it at times.

Yes we do this all the time, finish each others sentences and thoughts and if I'm out shopping I'll pick up something for him not because it's on the list but I get a feeling it's something he wants...then when I bring it home he smiles at me and says, "awww, you heard me!" It always makes me laugh :)

But we have shared thoughts and dreams..I think we just have such a deep connection!!

There are some scientists who refuse to believe in quantum entanglement, because they can't explain it.

Even Einstein himself couldn't quite bring himself to terms with it and up until his death was convinced that entangled particles had pre-determined outcomes and that any connectivity was just an illusion.

The point I'm trying to make is that maybe entanglement is trying to tell us something. Maybe we're all connected. Maybe everything is connected and we're simply too primitive to recognize or control it. But every once in a while a couple of people are able to bypass what we view as physical barriers.

The problem with science is that if it can't be seen, touched, tasted, heard, or smelled, it's not real. That places limits on what you can learn and achieve.

And I REALLY hate limits.

Me and my fiance have telepathic tendencies all the time; don't believe me, come and test us for yourself...

• Like 1

This is an area where I'm genuinely not sure. I think the majority of anecdotal evidence is really just coincidence, and as has been pointed out- mathematically, you are certain to have a small number of amazing combination coincidences during your lifetime.

I also think that we read each other's body language in enough detail that we can tell when someone we know well has something going on psychologically that means they're 'cruising for a bruising' in some sense. We part company, we get a bad feeling, they come a cropper, we call it psychic.

However it's easy to see what the evolutionary advantages to even a tiny amount of telepathic ability would be. And as the newly blossoming field of biophysics is showing- biology has no constraints, and will as happily take advantage of the weird world of subatomic phenomena as macroworld effects.

I was listening to a BBC radio prog about biophysics a few days ago, and something that came up was some recent research that seems to indicate that birds actually use entanglement to navigate, which is an idea that's been knocking around for a while.

Here's an article: http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/01/quantum-birds/

So, the fact that there is apparently a precedent for lifeforms using quantum entanglement is pretty interesting for any telepathy related beard-stroking.

Btw, from that article: “It’s considered to be quite a sexy, interesting, promising molecule.” Spoken like a true scientist. ;P

A great deal of communication is nonverbal, not necessarily telepathic. The human eye, for example, has a large amount of white (sclera) that shows allowing the eye position to be more readily detected. And, indeed our peripheral vision is particularly well adapted to detect when someone is looking at us to readily communicate a need. We are communal beings and we successfully evolved because we were able to communicate well, even tacitly. We need to remember that ...

Absolultley, after 24 years of marriage my wife and I realize it without a doubt, and she was he hardest of beleiveers in anything paranormal!

I truly believe and know that science has not found all fundamental forces of nature, and there may be some truth to this,

You can't even deny that when you look at someone he/she knows that you are looking at him/her and he/she turns towards you and looks at you,

This is what I have experienced all my life.

I may not be surprised that one day they find some new force of nature that we are not able to measure currently.

And if this couple can prove it they might as well try the James Randi 1 Million Dollar Challenge.

Is it possible that couple with both of their interreaction creates thoughts that could be usefull and enjoyfull to both oe them so in that case they think same?

our brains work on bioelectric energy...

so it transmits like a radio....

and it can also function as a receiver...

when there is telepathic tendencies ... the 2 people are "tuned into" the same radio station... each other...

nothing magic about it...

but that’s just another way to look at it...