Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Telepathy Between Couples: Is It Real?

Still Waters

Telepathy exists stronger between family and friends.

I can often tell whether my mom is asleep or not, or when my girlfriend is in a good mood!

..... the 2 people are "tuned into" the same radio station... each other...

I agree, this is exactly how it feels! Psychics call it 'tuning in' and I think that's a good description.

It's as if we all have a certain 'vibration' and we can tune into each other.

I can think of someone without tuning into them, or think of them and tune in.

I have to say I am skeptical. My wife and I could not have been closer, but the several times we tried it in various ways the results were negative.

Now it could be just our egos that says if others can do it we should be able to as well. That is a possibility. but, still, I think our negative results justify a skeptical attitude.

I think often we jump on coincidences too readily.

• Like 1

Yes, I think there's a connection between couples.

Been married 24 years to my soul mate... there's been bumps and mountains in our path, but we survive because of each other. For some reason we communicate long distances with each other, just by thought process, ...examples wanting to hear from the other and ta da! cell rings...guess who? My husband is truck driver on road alot.... but when I need him most ... he's home, when he should be out...we always say ...there's a reason why we are connected so much. He knows when I'm in trouble or hurting and I know when he has problems, like truck broke down, he gets speeding ticket, bla bla... it's uncanny how much we connect. When I'm feeling like I need hugged on... along comes the ol man and wraps arms around me. Same for him when he's wanting back rub ... I'm there for him, he says I was just thinking about you rubbing my back! We also know when each other's upset the other..... with out words.

anyhow my vote is yes!

• Like 1

I remember I had been on a diet one summer. I was consuming far too few calories for an active mom with kids to chase around.

My husband knew nothing of how little I was eating, except I was dieting and loosing weight. Not something he would even pay attention to. Plus, he was at work all day.

Anyway, one day my body rebelled. My blood sugar nosedived and I fainted 4 times collapsing on a hard wood floor cracking my noggin’ each time. I still swear that is what is wrong with me!

Somehow, between fainting spells, I managed to call my husband (landline) at work and get out only “His name” that was it, before I collapsed again.

The next thing I knew he was next to me with 2 large soda pops and a Big Mac. “DRINK!” he ordered.

I recovered quite quickly after those sugary drinks.

I asked him "How did you know to go through a drive-thru and get me this stuff?" I mean, my call could have meant any number of things. He said he “just knew”.

Now, I'll admit, I won't say it was telepathy, maybe he is just one smart intuitive guy.

But that day he was my hero who responded miraculously to my ordeal.

P.S. I was healthy and not a diabetic.

Edited by QuiteContrary
  • Like 1

Telepathy isn't the correct word for it, it's merely another attempt of journalism to sensationalize science.

Telepathy would mean you send your own original thoughts to another person and this person receives these thoughts unaltered in their mind.

This is not what happens with couples. You simply get atuned to each other after a while.

Like 2 ppl walking next to each other that get atuned of how they walk, the tempo, the rhythm.

Don't try to look for things that aren't there. Think reasonable, not automatically paranormal.

• Like 2

I think it's true. My husband was out of town for the weekend, subcontracting for another company/friend, which isn't unusual. All of a sudden I felt like something was terribly wrong and wanted to speak to him at that moment. I called and didn't get an answer. I waited about fifteen minutes, called again still no answer. I didn't have the cell phone number of the guy he was working for so I called his home and asked his wife. I had never gone to so much trouble or ever thought of bothering so many people to try to get in touch with my husband. All I knew was it was urgent I talk to him. As it turned out, he had been in a serious accident on the job and almost drowned. It was the middle of winter and a crane had knocked him off a barge between it and another one. His shoulder was crushed when he bounced back and forth between the two barges and was helpless in the cold water with three layers of winter clothes on. I'm extremely grateful they managed to get him to safety.

I have to say I am skeptical. My wife and I could not have been closer, but the several times we tried it in various ways the results were negative.

Now it could be just our egos that says if others can do it we should be able to as well. That is a possibility. but, still, I think our negative results justify a skeptical attitude.

I think often we jump on coincidences too readily.

i fully agree with jumping on coincidences to readily....

have seen it way to many times.... people looking for something that isn’t there...

and there is the aspect that was mentioned of being "in sync" that was also mentioned...

(like 2 people walking side by side) ...

but there is more to it then that...

your own experiments with trying to "tune into" your wife may have been flawed...

not so much in the way of how you went about it...

but with expectations....

i am resonably certain that i can say that you both have had times when you said the same thing at the same time...

now that can be written off as coincidence....

but it is also evidence of what you were looking for, without looking for it...

as in so may things in life... expectations are what delude what is there...

may i suggest a thought to keep in the back of your mind...

looking for the exact same thoughts is a waste of time...

and thinking to much is half the problem most people have when approaching such things...

the next time you say the same thing....

keep your mind clear... and express what your feeling.... not thinking...

if you want to explore the concept of both of you thinking of the same colour...

let the association of that colour be expressed in a feeling....

red being a warm feeling... blue being a chilly feeling (the most obvious i could think of) ...

but you get where i am going with this...

we each have our own association of what words mean...

and in the process of this experiment...

our own definitions of the meanings of words will start to befuddle the experiment and confuse the results...

a description of something based on feeling is more clear of this...

but also takes some practice...

thoughts often present themselves as mental images...

in the aspect of trying to communicate a mental image... it gets twisted up in our own perceptions...

just try describe what it is you see... and how you feel about it, rather then an exact description of what you "think" the thought is....

and once again .... practice...

you wont have a eureka moment right away....

but then again you may...

but in the process.... it will bring a deeper understanding of who you are trying this with....

• 2 weeks later...

There is one particularly memorable experience I've had with my wife that I can't explain. After an evening together, I told my wife that I have a very vivid vision of white flowing sheets and greek statues all in a white marble room. Along with the vision I had the sensation of floating in water. She looked at me starkly, and said she had experienced the EXACT same thing. We spent the next few minutes discussing what we had seen and laughing with disbelief. We hadn't watched any movies or recognized the theme of the vision from anything else we've ever encountered and nothing like it had ever happened before or since. I'm more of a UFO kind of guy, def not a believer in Psychics and such. Still, I can't explain what happened and our visions lined up way too much for it just to be a cooincidence.

I've experienced mental telepathy with my wife through a spirit medium. I've been told that this is not true mental telepathy though.

• 2 weeks later...

I got a phone call a while ago and knew who it was before they spoke because I could see them.

Talented?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a way of life for me, whenever I get a telepathic moment I always act on it.Years ago when my partner and I didn't have mobiles, when ever I needed to get hold of him, I would call him in my mind, and he would always call, to say for some reason I was on his mind and had to call.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't need science to tell me it's real. I've been married for over 20 years. When you're truly with someone and you truly love them, you become like one individual.

I can't count how many times that it'll be the middle of the day.....or early morning.....late evening...that I'll have a need to speak to my wife, and just as I reach for my cell phone, it rings and it's her on the other end. And the same thing happens to her.

If it happened just once in a great while, or if our lives were routine and we kept the same schedule, then you could chalk it up to chance.

But it doesn't just happen once in a while. It happens all the time. The first couple of times it probably freaked me out a little bit. But it's happened so much that I don't give much thought to it unless I happen across something that reminds me of it.....such as this thread.

And I'm sure there will be skeptics that will refute everything. Well, to you skeptics....before you say what you're going to say......

You're not me. You're not my wife. You don't know my situation and you're not with me every day of the week. If you don't or haven't experienced the types of things I'm talking about then you're either not or never have been truly in love with someone, or your mind is simply so closed that you aren't capable of understanding the joy of it.

And that's sad.

I TOTALY BELIEVE YOU DUDE!!! I had the same type of stuff happen with me and my girlfriend. Before we got together I would honestly be thinking about her and how I wondered what she was doing and wanted to hear from here and in a few minutes BAM! I'd get a txt message from her!!! It happened ALL THE TIME!!!!!

And this isn't exactly telepathy, but me and her share the same dreams!!! It may not be exactly exact, but one time I dreamed I was having sex with her and then there was this young boy in my dream and he was like our son (we don't have kids yet). The next morning she tells me she dreamed we were having sex and a boy was in the room with us who was our son!!! Freakin' crazy! But it's true! We have that type of stuff happen all the time, we're always dreaming about the exact same thing but we don't know about it unless we wake up and tell each other about it, but it happens all the time! And it's specific stuff too where a 3rd person will be in both of our dreams doing or saying the exact same things, whether its a friend or relative they be in both of our dreams. And if it's just a dream with the two of us in it we're always dreaming about doing to same exact things together, it's pretty cool..

• Like 1

I experiance telepathic situation's in my life with people... Well my connection with my ex is quiet uncanny , I had experianced very strange things with him ... I could read his scilence , our aims of life were same .. though we didn't land up there . He is very similar to me by nature ... almost my copy , like I could see myself in him .... This is something which will be always present with me. I know this is not telepathy but had a strange experiance .

Edited by CuteRicha

I know that my wife certainly expects me to read her mind...

Wife: "Why didn't you bring me some chocolate?"

Me: "Honey, I didn't kno..."

And then I get 'The Look'.

<_< ^_^

BTW, my wife ends up with chocolate at the end of the story, I ain't nobodies fool! :lol:

I know that my wife certainly expects me to read her mind...

Wife: "Why didn't you bring me some chocolate?"

Me: "Honey, I didn't kno..."

And then I get 'The Look'.

<_< ^_^

BTW, my wife ends up with chocolate at the end of the story, I ain't nobodies fool! :lol:

LMAO!!!!!!!! I think we've all been there!

Love your GIF pic man!