Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World religions acceptance of the New Age

Clarakore

I really don't care for the word "mish-mash" in describing a set of beliefs. Christianity could be said to be such a thing of pagan and Jewish beliefs; Judaism of Canaanite and Persian beliefs; Islam of Christian and native Arab beliefs, and so it goes.

The people I know who practice New Age and I know a lot of them, use Hindu, Buddhist, Jewish, Native American, African and other aboriginal ideas in their spirituality. It can get confusing. I don't know what else you would call it, lets just say it is a blend of Eastern and aborginal religions, then.

Oh is new age specific to paranormal experience .. yeah I guess any spiritual thing would be.. what a wierd and not very smart world we live in.

It's only paranormal to you if you perceive it to be outside reality; I think anything that exists is part of reality and therefore there is no true paranormal. We therefore use the word for a shorthand to people who don't know this for things that are outside their particular normality.

I believe the New Age has many components that have nothing to do with the paranormal such as meditation, mindfulness meditation, and visualization techniques.

New Age is really a mis-mash of Eastern and aboriginal religions. When you say world religions is that just the Abrahamic faiths or does it include Eastern and aboriginal faiths?

Thank you for that one narrow definiton of the New Age but it could be expanded to include other major world religions such as Christianity being blended in because many who subscribe to the New Age are also Christians or borrow ideas from Christianity.

World religions would include more than Abrahamic faiths since Zoroastrianism, Hinduism, and others are neither Abrahamic or Far Eastern. I have never seen a list of the major world religions or principal faiths include aboriginal religions so I would not consider them but you can add insight regarding how they and the New Age are blending together now, not just 1. in the past or what the New Age has borrowed, but 2. how is the New Age feeding back into these systems if at all?

1. Old beliefs ---> New Age (we all know old religions have fed into the New Age).

2. New Age ----> Current beliefs (this is what I wish to explore, the New Age feeding back into contemporary belief systems).

Don't forget the New Age also includes recovery movement, self-help, other motiviational beliefs, holism, pyschology, and a host of other interesting things. There are also things like angels, UFOs, ascended masters, trance, channeling, etc...

I am most interested in which major world religions accept New Age beliefs or are starting to accept them, and which adherents of major faiths are drawn to them regardless if their church approves or not.

The New Age is rather immense and the only part I steer clear from is when they put on costumes and a show such as chanting while dressed like a Native American or something since I believe the New Age is about humanity coming together and not us following a special shaman or whatever.

I prefer good old Western dress and speech. Regardles of my preference tell me more of how you all view it mixing with other beliefs and I guess all these different definitions of the New Age are fine but it would seem that everyone has a different one, which is good for now becuase it really is that big.

Edited by I believe you

OK I will give one example:

Oprah Winfrey hyped up The Secret but also claims she is a Christian, she has also claimed there are other paths not just Christianity (I believe this too since Romans 2:13-16 tells me this).

This to me is the New Age feeding back into Christianity.

Is this happening in other places to other religions with the New Age blending in quietly like this?

Edited by I believe you

If one wishes to climb a mountain to get to the heavens, there are many mountains to choose from and each mountain has many trails. It is true that some are more difficult than others and some take longer, and some go nowhere.

• Like 2

Oprah Winfrey hyped up The Secret but also claims she is a Christian, she has also claimed there are other paths not just Christianity (I believe this too since Romans 2:13-16 tells me this).

Is this happening in other places to other religions with the New Age blending in quietly like this?

It's called syncretism.
  • Like 1

It's called syncretism.

Not a very popular topic around here especially by that term. You should search that term by posts and just see how many times I have posted it with lackluster response, yay.

• Like 1

Yeah we dont need to care about other peopkes lusters around here thats for sure. It is our own luster that matters. :)

It's not for me to judge Okra Winfrey. There's a difference between lip service and being included in the Book of Life. To be a Christian you have to feel the love for Christ in your heart. Your world revolves around that love. The moment you wake up you and go to bed at night you think about Jesus Christ because He is part of your being. You cannot serve two masters. I'm not a follower of Paul. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.

It's not for me to judge Okra Winfrey. There's a difference between lip service and being included in the Book of Life. To be a Christian you have to feel the love for Christ in your heart. Your world revolves around that love. The moment you wake up you and go to bed at night you think about Jesus Christ because He is part of your being. You cannot serve two masters. I'm not a follower of Paul. I'm a follower of Jesus Christ.

The NT mentions the greatest and second greatest commandments and the second can't simply be ignored.

Consider the New Age a friendly reminder regarding the second greatest commandment.

The NT mentions the greatest and second greatest commandments and the second can't simply be ignored.

Consider the New Age a friendly reminder regarding the second greatest commandment.

It's the reason it's not for me to judge anyone. I automatically love people because Jesus is in my heart. I don't have to believe in other people's beliefs outside of Christianity.

Enough! Who heard the trumpets? Who heard his call today? Tell me so I know if I need to blow his trumpet again, I will do in your very ear to wake you up! Breathe and listen.

Your "pin" to activate. DEDICATE TO HIM. Seal with ur blood. Or saliva if u wish. Your "pin" lol is ur DNA!!! Dedicate to him. You can only contact the one who gave it to u in the first place! Only ur one and true God can answer! He gave us his DNA. Twin serpent of kundalini. Symbol of DNA. It will unlock your serpents! And u will be free. But that... Is just the beginning.

I love people so much that I'm sharing my faith with the rest of the world. Jesus Christ is my salvation. Grace alone placed my love for Him.

Enough! Who heard the trumpets? Who heard his call today? Tell me so I know if I need to blow his trumpet again, I will do in your very ear to wake you up! Breathe and listen.

:o

• Like 1

They were there the whole time. Sleeping... Now FFS WAKE UP IN THE NAME OF EA ENKI APOLLO LUCIFER SATAN SHIVA!

You have been deceived for thousands of years. And I saw you have slept enough. No more slavery. No more oppression. GODHEAD is our destiny! Wake. Up.

Unless syncretism is the case, no beliefs (especially the 'great' monotheisms) will sway towards acceptance of New Age beliefs.

Religions have doctrines and rules for a reason; if they were to change them to suit the needs of a minority of rouge-adherents then that would undermine and destroy their past legacies etc.

They can't all be right...good luck with your choices.

I totally agree with that last part - don't think much of Paul at all to be honest.

However the provisions for being the included in the Book of Life - are not ours to ponder.

Grace is a universally provided force. We can consider, for instance, if it is the path of Jesus' life which is of the most value or Jesus himself.

Many in life do not get to even hear of him much less choose to follow, I do not believe there is anything in God's law that prevents someone from receiving the kingdom when they have done the very best based on what they know to be on a path which is much in line with what Jesus proposed for us, but which was not given them to follow by Jesus' teaching themselves specifically.

There is much we always do not know and any provisions we make about what will lead us to heaven we should make only for ourselves, for all others we pray for the extension of grace, because all of humanity can benefit from this force, as the evidence of suffering, ergo lack of grace, is indeed all around us.

• Like 1

However the provisions for being the included in the Book of Life - are not ours to ponder.

Grace is a universally provided force. We can consider, for instance, if it is the path of Jesus' life which is of the most value or Jesus himself.

Many in life do not get to even hear of him much less choose to follow, I do not believe there is anything in God's law that prevents someone from receiving the kingdom when they have done the very best based on what they know to be on a path which is much in line with what Jesus proposed for us, but which was not given them to follow by Jesus' teaching themselves specifically.

There is much we always do not know and any provisions we make about what will lead us to heaven we should make only for ourselves, for all others we pray for the extension of grace, because all of humanity can benefit from this force, as the evidence of suffering, ergo lack of grace, is indeed all around us.

It's for Christians to ponder because it's all over the Bible. It's a not a secret teaching. Some people have dreamed about their names being listed on the Book. Saint Paul had access to it.

Grace is a universal force because I believe the Holy Spirit runs all religions. Every religion has their final destination. I hope you're not assuming that I'm making Christianity as the best religion in the world. Grace is available. It's plastered on the internet. It's even on TV. It's everywhere. Do most people want it? What are they doing to find out more about it? Are they too busy with other delights? The sharing of my faith shines through because of my love for Jesus Christ. I'm sharing this good news because Jesus is all about love.

Matthew 7:7-12 and Revelation 3:20

29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

22 Then Jesus said to his disciples: “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. 23 For life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. 24 Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds!

34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

OK euroninja this is nothing new that you are discussing, please this is not spirituality vs skepticism, this is not to tell others their belief is wrong and how only yours is correct, this is to share our own beliefs without putting others down.

I disagree with your views especially that you love all of humanity but this is not the exact place to get into why nor does it really matter since that is not the topic of this thread. Please focus on the topic: if you know of any major world religions or adherents of them who accept New Age beliefs then please add them.

Again I disagree with your views but this is not the thread to say why so it doesn't matter for now. You might also disagree with mine or ours but this is not the right thread for that either. One post to say why you disagree won't be dispruptive to the thread but after so many it becomes a thread hi-jack.

I am counting 5 posts so far from you and none answer the OP.

Edited by I believe you

It's for Christians to ponder because it's all over the Bible. It's a not a secret teaching. Some people have dreamed about their names being listed on the Book. Saint Paul had access to it.

So said he, hmmm.

Grace is a universal force because I believe the Holy Spirit runs all religions. Every religion has their final destination. I hope you're not assuming that I'm making Christianity as the best religion in the world. Grace is available. It's plastered on the internet. It's even on TV. It's everywhere. Do most people want it? What are they doing to find out more about it? Are they too busy with other delights? The sharing of my faith shines through because of my love for Jesus Christ. I'm sharing this good news because Jesus is all about love.

Matthew 7:7-12 and Revelation 3:20

Very good if we can agree on that then we can agree love does not come with condition, it is not love if you only love what is loveable in a person.

Matthew 5:46

"If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that?"

If this teaching is available for mankind to contemplate and comprehend - how much deeper and richer must it's true meaning and ramifications be in the heart of Jesus and God, just a thought.

My questions are which world religions share or allow New Age beliefs?

Even if the religion does not officially allow it how many adherents stil practice the New Age techniques such as astral travel, meditation, mindfulness meditation, and visualization?

The Spirit-filled Charismatic movement practices those techniques, although they would soundly deny that they are following New Age ideas. Benny Hinn is one of the most visible practitioners.

• Like 1