Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorius charged with murder

Keel M.

My vote is for roid rage. What a sad waste of life. I hope South African juries are not as easily swayed as those in L.A. were with OJ.

• Like 2

I was also shocked by the news today. I wonder what could have tipped him over the edge?

jealousy...temper....blind rage...?

I doubt we will ever know....

I know someone is guilty until proven innocent...but his story just doesn't add up...and I think he is guilty of cold blooded murder.

What a stupid, stupid man. He had success, fame and wealth and he has thrown it all away.

And his lovely girlfriend, Reeva..... :cry:...what a waste and a terrible end.

He has no excuse and I think he will be found guilty...

I think the excuse of "I thought she was asleep next to me" is just crazy. If I was asleep in bed and heard a noise the first thing I would do is wake my husband. If my husband woke to a noise, he may not want to wake me for fear of frightening me, but he would at least reach out to my side of the bed to make sure that the noise wasn't me.

A site I was reading on earlier which was posting things that had been said in the trial says that there were witnesses who heard arguments between then in the hours prior to the shooting and that when they found Reeva's body she was clothed, which I guess you wouldn't expect if she had got up in the night to use the bathroom. It also mentioned a suitcase packed with clothes for one person, although I don't think it mentioned whether these were male or female clothes.

I think the excuse of "I thought she was asleep next to me" is just crazy. If I was asleep in bed and heard a noise the first thing I would do is wake my husband. If my husband woke to a noise, he may not want to wake me for fear of frightening me, but he would at least reach out to my side of the bed to make sure that the noise wasn't me.

I agree....and you don't go shooting through closed toilet doors unless you KNOW...not THINK your girlfriend is asleep in bed....

A site I was reading on earlier which was posting things that had been said in the trial says that there were witnesses who heard arguments between then in the hours prior to the shooting and that when they found Reeva's body she was clothed, which I guess you wouldn't expect if she had got up in the night to use the bathroom. It also mentioned a suitcase packed with clothes for one person, although I don't think it mentioned whether these were male or female clothes.

mmmmm....I said in my other post that we may never know what tipped him over the edge...but perhaps we will as more info comes out.

A massive row....on Valentines Day....she was going to leave and he went nuts.....?

She must have been so scared....poor Reeva...

He said he called out as he approached the bathroom ...... called to Reeva to call the police ...... in an effort to scare the 'burglar', let him know there was two of them. If he really did do that, allegedly thinking Reeva was in the bed, wouldn't Reeva have called out to him "It's okay, it's only me in here"(in the bathroom)?

• Like 1

My vote is for roid rage. What a sad waste of life. I hope South African juries are not as easily swayed as those in L.A. were with OJ.

Watching the news today,his Lawyer was on pretty good form.Definately shades of OJ.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

I have heard reports that he shot her 4 times THRU A Door to the bathroom.

Is that confirmed? I would think that makes the burglar story hard to believe.

Yes but 3 shots were in the right side and one missed

• Like 1

The affidavit from the defendent on "How Reeva Died" ....

http://aww.ninemsn.c...-how-reeva-died

As per the above link yes it is confirmed along with the fact that while he was shooting at the supposed "burglar" he believed that Reeva was asleep in the bed, very weird.

• Like 1

They don't have Juries in South Africa I believe so maybe he might just swing it.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

The problem is now with the conflicting statements of the witnesses. The witness who heard argueing was more than 300metres away. (first it was 600metre). There's no way she could have clearly heard what was going on or if the noise even came from his house. The witness also stated that she heard 6 gun shots but there were only 4 shots confirmed by the police. Again, this discredits her statement. Then there's the investigating officer that contaminated the scene-not wearing the protective footwear. (and now he has the attempted murder charges against him-which was supposed to have been dropped a while ago) Funny, how it surfaces now all of a sudden.

Then there is also the one bullet cartridge that the police did not find with their initial investigation of the scene. The defence team found it upon their investigation.

This morning, at about 3am I also went to the bathroom. I couldn't help thinking about poor Reeva and the thought did cross my mind that I hope my boyfriend will not mistake me for an intruder.

This is really just a sad terrible story.

The problem is now with the conflicting statements of the witnesses. The witness who heard argueing was more than 300metres away. (first it was 600metre). There's no way she could have clearly heard what was going on or if the noise even came from his house. The witness also stated that she heard 6 gun shots but there were only 4 shots confirmed by the police. Again, this discredits her statement. Then there's the investigating officer that contaminated the scene-not wearing the protective footwear. (and now he has the attempted murder charges against him-which was supposed to have been dropped a while ago) Funny, how it surfaces now all of a sudden.

Then there is also the one bullet cartridge that the police did not find with their initial investigation of the scene. The defence team found it upon their investigation.

This morning, at about 3am I also went to the bathroom. I couldn't help thinking about poor Reeva and the thought did cross my mind that I hope my boyfriend will not mistake me for an intruder.

This is really just a sad terrible story.

I dont think there was or is a witness

All this just to decide on bail and then no jury for the actual trial. :(

Yeah, its definitely a different judicial animal than we have here in the states. What they are going through now is more similar to an actual trial here.
  • Like 1

Just been announced that Oscar Pistorius has been granted bail.

What the?!! He'll be outta there so fast, because he's sure to know someone with a little private plane. He's got homes and bank accounts outside of SA.

What the?!! He'll be outta there so fast, because he's sure to know someone with a little private plane. He's got homes and bank accounts outside of SA.

They've confiscated his blades so that he doesn't leg it! (lol)

More seriously, I don't know what to believe with this one. If he genuinely killed his wife by mistake one would imagine him to be distraught and in need of psychiatric help and maybe put on 'suicide watch'. It will be interesting to see how he behaves. (No doubt the paparazzi and also real journalists will be following his every move)

They've confiscated his blades so that he doesn't leg it! (lol)

More seriously, I don't know what to believe with this one. If he genuinely killed his wife by mistake one would imagine him to be distraught and in need of psychiatric help and maybe put on 'suicide watch'. It will be interesting to see how he behaves. (No doubt the paparazzi and also real journalists will be following his every move)

She was a girlfriend and they had only been together since November last year. When perpetrators of crimes are caught they often cry a lot ...... but they are crying about their own situation because they realise that everything is no longer under their control, but rather under the control of the court.

• Like 2

She was a girlfriend and they had only been together since November last year. When perpetrators of crimes are caught they often cry a lot ...... but they are crying about their own situation because they realise that everything is no longer under their control, but rather under the control of the court.

I take it you have him pegged as guilty of murder. lol

No doubts at all?

I take it you have him pegged as guilty of murder. lol

No doubts at all?

Haha, no, I was speaking generally. I'm not sure what to think ...... he could have made a genuine mistake .... but I'm more inclined towards a steroid fuelled jealous rage over Reeva's rugby-playing ex.

• Like 1

Haha, no, I was speaking generally. I'm not sure what to think ...... he could have made a genuine mistake .... but I'm more inclined towards a steroid fuelled jealous rage over Reeva's rugby-playing ex.

I was thinking similarly. Drink, drugs and jealousy can make a person do horrible things. :(

My husband just said to me "Did you know they have put one of those electronic tags on Pistorious' ankle?"

I was like "no I didn't but glad they have".......

He just laughed at me.

Took a minute to sink in.

I blame the fact that I have a cold that I am a bit slow today!

• Like 3

so you tell me why does he want to when he knows and admits killing her?

so you tell me why does he want to when he knows and admits killing her?

He doesn't admit to killing her intentionally, he admits to shooting through the bathroom door at intruders ....... big difference.

Some of the countries where he has a home do not have extradition treaties with SA.

Let's hope the police confiscated his steroids!