Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Unbelievable Paintings Look Like Photographs!

seeder

I must have looked over this page 4 times now. I have to take the word of the story but Ive never seen anyone, ever, paint plastic wrap, glass, and especially reflections... so damned good as these...

http://www.zengardner.com/15-unbelievable-paintings-that-look-like-photographs/

• Like 3

One would think that if you're going to paint something so realistic that you can't tell the difference between it and a photo, then why not save time and just take a photo? Don't get me wrong, these pictures are amazing, I'm just thinking that if I had that skill I'd paint something more fantastic than a coke tin.

One would think that if you're going to paint something so realistic that you can't tell the difference between it and a photo, then why not save time and just take a photo? Don't get me wrong, these pictures are amazing, I'm just thinking that if I had that skill I'd paint something more fantastic than a coke tin.

Well its not just coke tins, the post was sure but photorealism has images from every subject imaginable...sort of.

Heres "John" by Chuck Close

Chuck_Close_1.jpg

I guess its a question or subject that when presented to the artistic community has as many likers as dis-likers, heres some quotes on the subject by a few people

" A lot of people support photorealism, such as George, who says: "If you can't tell what it is, what is the point? Many people can appreciate and enjoy realistic art for the talent it shows and the moment in time it captures! I know it is not 'in' to appreciate realism, but the overall gallery sales will say that is the minority view"."

On the Painting Forum Noreen says: "I don't have the skills for photorealism but I wish I did. I have often been frustrated with a camera because it can't 'see' scenes the same way as the human eye."

Starrpoint says: "Photorealistic paintings are more real than a photo. Photos, as good as they are, have a certain flatness, a shallow depth of field, and lack of detail, that the photorealistic paintings do not have. ... In most cases, they are more 'real' than real. Added depth and understanding of the nature being studied is shown. Aften there are layers and layers of information in these paintings. And each artist has his or her version of what is real and what is imagined."

http://painting.abou...hotorealism.htm

Edited by seeder