Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Meteor Explodes over Russia. dozens injured..

Professor T

i'm just glad that it didn't explode over N. Korea The us would have beeen at war with N.Korea by this time if it had.

i heard rumors early on that the russian air defence command had tracked it and tried to shoot it down. After my own error on the string this morning i am not going to believe or disbelieve and so was wondering if anyone else had heard something on that.

Edited by mysticwerewolf

Ive heard that it was intercepted "reported" by a Russian military source. But Russian air command denies they did. There is no video of a missile trail anywhere in any of the video so it seems unlikely. I would expect to see to see comtrail for a ballistic type of event unless perhaps they used a Lazor.

From the air, a sound like none heard by men before.

Crackling thunder, without lightning;

horizon flashes, but no rain.

A feather falls, it catches fire;

No sleep, no slumber;

free us from fear, free us from wonder.

8289509111_b4574d473a_o.jpg

And to think, not one call from Homeland today, offering me a job as a threat analyst.

Talk about more bang for your buck.

Be fortunate the asteroid expected to fly-by tonight has missed us and only a tiny meteorite struck a small piece of the world. I say it's something you don't see everyday, as the (bright!) meteorite track caught the locals by surprise. :o I read in news reports of 400-some people had minor injuries from the meteorite's force when landed on the ground.

A second large meteorite has been reported, this one fell in Cuba, on Wednesday. It apparently shook buildings with a sonic boom, but damage does not appear to have occurred, at least not on the scale reported at Chelyabinsk. Mineral debris is reported to have fallen from the sky. Hope this link works, as none of those I've tried to post lately have. Link: http://investmentwat...s-time-in-cuba/

Edited by bison
  • Like 1

A second large meteorite has been reported, this one fell in Cuba, on Wednesday. It apparently shook buildings with a sonic boom, but damage does not appear to have occurred, at least not on the scale reported at Chelyabinsk. Mineral debris is reported to have fallen from the sky. Hope this link works, as none of those I've tried to post lately have. Link: http://investmentwat...s-time-in-cuba/

have hunted youtube web for something. there's not much if any cuban footage..

Had to laugh though, because it didn't take long for all the you-tube morons to copy/mirror the russian footage and create their own stories about meteorites falling all over the place.. :lol:

Surely something should be done about that kind of behavor..

Edited by Professor T

Very scary.... a teaser before the real thing?

Bruce Willis and Chuck Norris are still alive they will save us.

Didn't something like this happen in the middle east like two or three years ago and it nearly sparked war?

have hunted youtube web for something. there's not much if any cuban footage..

Cubas not real big in UTube. Has something to do with politics. Interesting if true.

Further reading the news, pieces of the meteorite fell on the earth...one of them plunged into an icy lake outside the city of Chelybansk (sp?). I watched the video footage on YT, and find it "funteresting" in awe of what meteorites can do.

Am I right in saying nobody knew this was coming.

Yes and you are also right in that missed Miami by a few seconds. But it appears it was smaller then the earlier one. But crap Cuba aint gonna say if there whole damn Island is sinking.

Even though the authorities are telling us the two events are separate, I know that often asteroids have a collection of junk around them (comes from their bumping into each other over the billions of years) that slowly drifts away but remains in loose orbit around the main object.

This seems to me far more likely than pure coincidence.

• Like 4

who really knows what really happened? ... Like some have said, " It lit the sky."

It took 18 sec after it passed for the sound wave to hit. Superman was faster an no one hurt

Even though the authorities are telling us the two events are separate, I know that often asteroids have a collection of junk around them (comes from their bumping into each other over the billions of years) that slowly drifts away but remains in loose orbit around the main object.

This seems to me far more likely than pure coincidence.

Yeah, this sounds likely imo..

The Big rock (Da14) was 12 hours after the russian event, give or take.. I don't know the science in it, but the only thing I can think of that might spoil this theory is that Da14 is to small hold any substantial gravity, so it's probably unlikely..

I know we had a very small meteor in Oregon at the same time as the Russian event. Apparently that was a swarm with smaller ones traveling along. It was at the same time moving North to South same as the Russian one. I blame the Mayans.

http://www.kezi.com/meteorites-in-eugene/

I know we had a very small meteor in Oregon at the same time as the Russian event. Apparently that was a swarm with smaller ones traveling along. It was at the same time moving North to South same as the Russian one. I blame the Mayans.

http://www.kezi.com/...ites-in-eugene/

that link wont open for me, keeps timing out, have you another source pls?

Its just a local news article. It was a non event as far a meteorites go. Only real info was the time matched the Russian entry and both were traveling North - South...Ill try and relink. It was just a local story.

http://www.kezi.com/meteorites-in-eugene/