Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Haunting confirmed by pyschic and photo

BWoodard55

No-one is disputing that the photo contains orbs, but as proved by empirical research since the 1990s orbs are are nothing more than particulates illuminated by the camera.

Disable the flash and IR emitter on a camera and then we'll discuss the resulting orb photos - never gonna happen.

:tu:

Yes,... Orbs are photographic artifacts – specifically bits of airborne dust, water droplets, snow, insects etc, caught in the flash of a camera. They appear out of focus because they are so close to the lens of the camera in an area called "The orb zone" which is between the camera lens and the point of focus.

http://pyrrho.s5.com/orbs.html

Most people know this,... in fact, most ghost hunter websites dont even archive orb photos any more. Also,... Claiming to see "something" in the orb is nothing new. All you need is a dose of the old Pareidolia and you can see the virgin Mary in the burned tortilla, the face on Mars or Lenin in your shower curtain.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

Obama toast, anyone?

obamatoast.jpg

From space with love.

carina_hst.jpg

Seriously - Orbs belong on the paranormal trash dump with Rods and James Van Praagh

Edited by Hazzard
  • Like 6

:tu:

Yes,... Orbs are photographic artifacts – specifically bits of airborne dust, water droplets, snow, insects etc, caught in the flash of a camera. They appear out of focus because they are so close to the lens of the camera in an area called "The orb zone" which is between the camera lens and the point of focus.

http://pyrrho.s5.com/orbs.html

Most people know this,... in fact, most ghost hunter websites dont even archive orb photos any more. Also,... Claiming to see "something" in the orb is nothing new. All you need is a dose of the old Pareidolia and you can see the virgin Mary in the burned tortilla, the face on Mars or Lenin in your shower curtain.

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Pareidolia

Obama toast, anyone?

obamatoast.jpg

From space with love.

carina_hst.jpg

Seriously - Orbs belong on the paranormal trash dump with Rods and James Van Praagh

That is not Obama toast . It's princess Leia after a sex change toast .

• Like 1

I couldn't see anything in the first picture. The second picture is an "orb" picture. I believe "orbs" are the holy spirit.

That seems inaccurate because orbs are created things that are in the world while the Holy Spirit is not someone who is created.

• Like 1

The psychic, writer of the OP and myself know that there are orbs in that picture. I do not have to prove anything to anyone. Sorry for your lack of experience. The next time that you need your car fixed, go to someone that lacks experience and I can assure you that he'll get it wrong.

I have seen snow on the ground before. Does that class as experience? it should do!

• Like 2

After the singing, the air is full of the singer's spit. That's my useless opinion, if indeed there was no snow.

(Get too close to some singers, you're in danger of drowning. Especially those chanters with dentures!)

Hahaha! I love to laugh and I love your posts, El. :lol: :lol:

• Like 3

The psychic, writer of the OP and myself know that there are orbs in that picture. I do not have to prove anything to anyone. Sorry for your lack of experience. The next time that you need your car fixed, go to someone that lacks experience and I can assure you that he'll get it wrong.

Let's sit the orbs aside for a minute. Your psychic claims that there was a Native American burial claim nearby. Can he/she share any historical evidence that this is true?

• Like 1

Let's sit the orbs aside for a minute. Your psychic claims that there was a Native American burial claim nearby. Can he/she share any historical evidence that this is true?

In fairness, it was the opening posts writer (BWoodard55) who wrote the original story and claimed the Native American thing, not notforgotten, who just seems to have latched onto the story and "knows" it to be true for reasons unknown.

But this just makes notforgotten's claims even more detached from reality as he is claiming knowledge of the existence "Holy Spirit" in a snowy picture of unknown providence posted by someone he presumably doesn't know and can't verify their story.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

Looks exactly like snow to me, I got lots of pics like that.

• Like 2

In fairness, it was the opening posts writer (BWoodard55) who wrote the original story and claimed the Native American thing, not notforgotten, who just seems to have latched onto the story and "knows" it to be true for reasons unknown.

But this just makes notforgotten's claims even more detached from reality as he is claiming knowledge of the existence "Holy Spirit" in a snowy picture of unknown providence posted by someone he presumably doesn't know and can't verify their story.

Why are you attacking me personally? All I've done is give my personal experienced opinion. I'm not not looking to prove anything to anyone. You do not know of me nor my experiences. You nor I can prove anything in regards to the OP. So why don't we just leave it at that. Personally, I'm not looking for arguments. I'm a Christian and would rather avoid affliction.

Edited by notforgotten
  • Like 1

If you think that's a "personal attack" you need to grow a thicker skin. Asking you to defend your claim that you posit as fact that you know to be true is not a personal attack. It is a reasonable request on a web forum where people are expect to do something more than simply assert that they know certain things to be true when they appear to everyone else to be something else. When someone posts a picture of snow and claims it to contain spirit orbs and you say you know that to be true, it is not unreasonable to ask you how you know it's not just what it looks like, a picture of falling snow.

You made the positive claim that you know that a photo that looks just like falling snow contains a genuine 'orb' of the Holy Spirit in it.

There is the face of a spirit in the "orb". I've taken thousands of such pictures myself and know what I see. It's the holy spirit ("orb") that brings evil spirits into ones life as temporal punishment for sin - usually drugs.
The psychic, writer of the OP and myself know that there are orbs in that picture.

You shouldn't be making such positive and grandiose claims if you're going to think being asked to back up said claims as a personal attack.

Anyway, where's the face in that "orb" I posted above?

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

If you think that's a "personal attack" you need to grow a thicker skin. Asking you to defend your claim that you posit as fact that you know to be true is not a personal attack. It is a reasonable request on a web forum where people are expect to do something more than simply assert that they know certain things to be true when they appear to everyone else to be something else. When someone posts a picture of snow and claims it to contain spirit orbs and you say you know that to be true, it is not unreasonable to ask you how you know it's not just what it looks like, a picture of falling snow.

You made the positive claim that you know that a photo that looks just like falling snow contains a genuine 'orb' of the Holy Spirit in it.

You shouldn't be making such positive and grandiose claims if you're going to think being asked to back up said claims as a personal attack.

Anyway, where's the face in that "orb" I posted above?

I can bear witness, give testimony and my personal experienced opinion and not have to produce any evidence at all on this forum. Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not The Holy Spirit? Nn one has ever been able to prove what orbs really are. There are some of us in the world that believe they are the Holy Spirit. Through my experience, I know that the orb is the Holy Spirit but I do not have to prove this to anyone. If you are so into proof, why don't you try to prove to me that it's not. Second thought, don't bother, you will never be able to do this. You can't prove any of your claims for that matter, so why do you insist on others proving theirs?

I can bear witness, give testimony and my personal experienced opinion and not have to produce any evidence at all on this forum. Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not The Holy Spirit?

Is the Holy Spirit different from snow in some way that we can tell the difference? Surely your powerfully strong belief is based on something that can convince us all that your camera flash didn't simply illuminate particles suspended in the air.

Nn one has ever been able to prove what orbs really are.

So I can't prove that those pictures I took of snowflakes falling weren't actually of the Holy Spirit?

I can bear witness, give testimony and my personal experienced opinion and not have to produce any evidence at all on this forum. Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not The Holy Spirit? Nn one has ever been able to prove what orbs really are. There are some of us in the world that believe they are the Holy Spirit. Through my experience, I know that the orb is the Holy Spirit but I do not have to prove this to anyone. If you are so into proof, why don't you try to prove to me that it's not. Second thought, don't bother, you will never be able to do this. You can't prove any of your claims for that matter, so why do you insist on others proving theirs?

Whatever. Can you push when it comes to shove and tell me where the "face" is in this photo that you claimed was a genuine 'orb' that contained a 'face'? Yes or no? I'm just looking for you to verify your claim.

snoworb.png

Inquiring minds want to know..

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

In the second picture the big orb on the right looks like there is a face in it..

But its matraxing

From YouTube:

This footage shows movement of a dust particle going across the screen to prove that orbs are in this case dust. Orbs can also be caused by moisture, pollen, insects, light of the lens etc causing the same effect. Depending on light and how close the dust is to the camera lens, dust can look quite large in size which is what happened in this case.

You won't have to prove anything notforgotten, and that means your claim is mute.

There's a dollar bill on the surface of Pluto. Prove me wrong.

• Like 3

Orbs are nothing more than image artefacts, particulates illuminated by the camera; this has been demonstrated and proven again and again by empirical research and analysis since the 1990s. Turn off the camera's flash and IR emitter and then come back with orb photos/videos - never gonna happen.

The Believers' position relies on blind faith, not evidence.

Now Selling Dust Orb in a bag for $29.99.

tumblr_m9e77b2G6x1r7klsgo1_1280.jpg

Step 1: Throw some dust in air

step 2: take photo with digital camera.

• Like 9

Now Selling Dust Orb in a bag for $29.99.

tumblr_m9e77b2G6x1r7klsgo1_1280.jpg

Brian Topp is here !!

*waves pom poms*

Go Brian go Brian go Brian !

Where ya been skeptic debunking man ?

Step 3: Post photo on Internet and bear witness that it's a photo of the Holy Spirit because no one can prove otherwise.

• Like 2

I can bear witness, give testimony and my personal experienced opinion and not have to produce any evidence at all on this forum.
No you don't, but if all you have are unsubstantiated claims about amazing things that exactly like non-amazing things then don't expect anyone to believe you.
Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not The Holy Spirit?
Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb that isn't a tiny spacecraft operated by an extra terrestrial?

Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not a Djinn?

Can you prove to me that the picture does not contain a genuine orb in it and that the orb is not Loki playing tricks with the camera?

Because you can't, I take it then that you maintain that that these claims are worthy of taking seriously?

Nn one has ever been able to prove what orbs really are.
Actually, they have. If you want orbs, turn on the camera flash, stir up some dust in the air, and take a photo. Hey presto, orbs! Or take photos of snow as per my photos above. Or in the rain.

When you have a small illuminated object (like by the camera's flash) close to the camera and out of the camera's range of focus, it will get out of focus and appear as a roughly circular illuminated blob. That is an indisputed fact.

But there are those who maintain that ghosts, energy, the Holy Spirit, or whatever appears in the exact same form as these known optical artefacts. For some reason these mystical orbs generally appear under the same conditions that the proven natural orbs appear. It is incumbent on those claiming it isn't an optical artefact to prove their claims, not those who recognise a common optical artefact for what it is.

There are some of us in the world that believe they are the Holy Spirit.
And some believe it is most definitely not the Holy Spirit but that it is the ghosts of people or energy caused by the spirits of people. Some of the people who believe in orbs don't believe in the existence of the Holy Sprit.
Through my experience, I know that the orb is the Holy Spirit but I do not have to prove this to anyone. If you are so into proof, why don't you try to prove to m[e that it's not.
You want me to prove to you that a picture of snow is not a picture of snow?

Prove to me the following picture isn't a group of extra-terrestrial spores waiting to hatch:

dsc0029qi.jpg

You can't. Yeah, I know it looks like mushrooms. But it isn't. I know this from experience.

What is the difference between my claim and yours? Both are boring photos of boring everyday things claimed to be something more much spectacular and which just happens to look like a boring everyday phenomenon.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 6

The OP of this is like saying an ex-resident of Atlantis verifies the existence of Sleagh Maith. Two things that only exist in mythology or peoples imaginations. JMO.

Edited by Esoteric Toad

It's SNOW. It is obviously snow. It looks exactly like a picture taken with a camera with the flash on of snow. You can even see the light snow or frost on the grass and the tree indicating that even though it might have been "late spring", the photo was taken during cold weather.

For comparison (from my own files):

dsc0007ia.jpg

dsc00221cd.jpg

dsc0179pls.jpg

dsc0045yf.jpg

You want 'orbs' in your photos? If it's snowing and dark outside, turn on your camera flash and start shooting. Each photo will be crammed with 'orbs'.

I checked the EXIF data but the date the pic was taken hasn't been recorded in the photos from some reason. Possibly a flat clock battery in the camera.

DAAAAAAAAMN Archimedes - looks like you got yerself an orb infestation! Time to call a priest, shaman, and whatever other holy dudes you can gather up. LOL. I'm joking, of course. Orbs have been thoroughly debunked at this point. A non-anomaly. Nice post!

• Like 2

Geez folks, enough with the orbs smackdown. People have offered their opinions to the OP about what's in the pics, give it a rest and get over it that there is a difference in opinion going on.

Back to the OP... If he comes back again... I think perhaps the music box going off might have a mundane cause, sometimes there is an overwinding or other mechanical things that happen to occasionally make a music box go off.

And you might want to take the claim of a burial ground nearby with a big pinch of salt- that claim pops up fairly often without being verifiable.

• Like 4