Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Gun makers refuse LEO sales

F3SS

This is genius. Why hasn't anyone talked about this before?

GROUP OF SECOND AMENDMENT-SUPPORTING GUN MAKERS NOW REFUSING TO SELL ARMS TO LAW ENFORCEMENT IN NEW YORK (AND OTHER GUN-RESTRICTING STATES)

This story has been updated to add two additional gun makers and sellers to the list of those no longer patronizing law enforcement in states that do not support the Second Amendment.

Since New York State enacted its restrictive new gun laws, many manufacturers have sent that state (and others) a message: If local governments are going to severely restrict the ability of citizens to own guns, then these companies will not be selling to law enforcement in those areas.

Among the gun manufacturers sending that message:

Olympic Arms, Inc

La Rue Tactical

EFI, LLC – Extreme Firepower

York Arms

Templar Custom

Cheaper Than Dirt

Olympic Arms posted a press release on the company’s Facebook page earlier this week. Their intentions were quite clear.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Olympic Arms is a staunch believer in and defender of the Constitution of the United States, and with special attention paid to the Bill of Rights that succinctly enumerates the security of our Divinely given Rights. One of those Rights is that to Keep and Bear Arms.

Legislation recently passed in the State of New York outlaws the AR15 and many other firearms, and will make it illegal for the good and free citizens of New York to own a large selection of legal and safe firearms and magazines. We feel as though the passage of this legislation exceeds the authority granted to the government of New York by its citizens, and violates the Constitution of the United States, ignoring such SCOTUS rulings as District of Columbia v. Heller – 554, U.S. 570 of 2008, McDonald v. Chicago – 561 U.S. 3025 of 2010, and specifically the case of United States v. Miller – 307 U.S. 174 of 1939.

-much more in between at-

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/15/group-of-second-amendment-supporting-gun-makers-now-refusing-to-sell-arms-to-law-enforcement-in-new-york-and-other-gun-restricting-states/

In addition to these very public statements, gun-owner groups have been promoting these statements while also asking members and fans to contact three other manufacturers with significant sales to law enforcement in New York. One such group, Guns Save Lives, is actively asking people to write letters / emails to Sig Sauer, Smith & Wesson, and Glock and pressure them to stop selling to police in New York. Those three companies happen to be the trio of manufacturers recommended by the NYPD for use by their officers.

Calls and email inquires about any changes to their law enforcement sales policies have not been returned by Glock, Sig Sauer, and Smith & Wesson. If there is any additional information available, we will update this story.

Where will they stand? Will the big three choose money over freedom? I think they will. There is now a huge opportunity to eliminate the competition and rule indefinitely. They've got tons of money and when they get bored of money the only thing left to achieve is power.

Or will the people sell out and keep buying from them? Those companies that left got the ball rolling but their pocket books won't be dented if people don't stop buying from them as well.

But who knows...

• Like 2

Gun owners are aware of these companies and already are showing there support with there wallets despite what the Big 3 as you call them do they wont come out financial winners in this unless go completely Federal. There is a couple gun manufacturers in New York which might be leaving the State as well.

Glock basically gives their guns away to law enforcement. It was always a good marketing gimmick. "Hey, all the cops carry Glock 22's. Maybe I should get one too." If the private market abandons Glock, they'll have to start charging law enforcement more.

Unfortunately, there will still be too many Glock fanboys and their business won't suffer much.

Yea, I'm not really sure this'll really amount to much numbers wise but it's interesting and it takes guts for these companies to speak out like this.

Gun owners are aware of these companies and already are showing there support with there wallets despite what the Big 3 as you call them do they wont come out financial winners in this unless go completely Federal. There is a couple gun manufacturers in New York which might be leaving the State as well.

Well hey I'm not a gun owner but I you know I'm a supporter.

• Like 1

In 1911, New York adopted the Sullivan Law -- requiring registration and permits for all firearms.

This was 101 years ago -- and the law did nothing to stem violence.

The U.S. Federal Government adopted a nationwide gun control law in 1934, and again in 1968.

Violence continued to climb as psychologists, psychiatrists, social workers and others found more and more excuses for the perpetrators of violence: "He's poor, rich, white, black, left handed, ambidextrious, tall, short, beautiful, less than attractive ... and it went on and on.

The elimination of the death penalty for two decades did much to promote violent crime. If you got caught, you had three hot meals and a cot for life!

The death penalty has returned to the U.S. but it's a joke. Takes at least 12 years from pronouncement of sentence to its carrying out -- if it ever is. Meanwhile, the death row prisoner can obtain a college degre, has free medical and dental care (in fact, all prisoners from the smallest county jail to the largest federal prison all receive free medical and dental while they are incarcerated. It's the law).

And the attorneys representing death row inmates make a ton of money over decades. Their murderous, torturing clients becaome cause celebre' for Hollywood ak-tors.

More notice.

No one seems to ponder or notice the victims, though, whose lives were cut short in agonizing, terror-filled, degrading, ways.

And the guns get blamed.

Oh sure, blame the instrument, not the person wielding it.

Crime in America would go down if murderers and rapists and the dealers of dangerous drugs -- if found guilty -- were summarily hanged. Not publicly, mind you, but put to death within one year of being pronounced guilty.

When the lowlifes begin to notice that their murderous, drug-dealing friends aren't around the hood anymore, they'll take notice. And perhaps some of them will straighten up.

• Like 1

Glock basically gives their guns away to law enforcement. It was always a good marketing gimmick. "Hey, all the cops carry Glock 22's. Maybe I should get one too." If the private market abandons Glock, they'll have to start charging law enforcement more.

Unfortunately, there will still be too many Glock fanboys and their business won't suffer much.

That's why they do it. Personally, if you like the Glock.....and I can't imagine why you would, it's just not what a real gun is supposed to feel like......then by all means have one. I just never could embrace the feel of Austrian plastic, feels like a toy gun to me. And I'll be the first to admit I'm old school and just don't like them because of the way they feel......that and Austrians must have the smallest hands in the universe. Damn thing is made to fit a child's hand or a very small woman.

• Like 1

Guess what, this is the spark that will start the civil war. The battle to protect the constitution and stop the over reaching government policies that infringe upon our rights.

Edited by Uncle Sam

Maybe because they don't need them gun makers and internationally there are enough where even the US forces buy their guns? (Beretta and FN comes to mind)

barret wont sell to any California le for years.

however in that list of gun makers I don't see single one that police use, cheaper than dirt, isn't even gun maker, they just sell military surplus and camping\shooting gear. few others are not makers either, just customizers.

cops would pbly be more affected if staples refuses to sell office supplies, then any of those on the list.

Edited by aztek

This brings about an interesting discussion... People in general don't want Corporations influencing politics, right? Well, isn't this a way to influence political decisions as well?

• Like 2

This brings about an interesting discussion... People in general don't want Corporations influencing politics, right? Well, isn't this a way to influence political decisions as well?

-

Well, the funniest thing about our neo-revolutionaries is that they are all but consistent.

actually were forced into this position to speak with our walletts. If you think this country is still a Democracy then you should move to New York. Get a dose of reality. But smaller companies moving is called freedom of choice and last I heard businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone.

BTW some ammo producers will no longer be supplying ammo to NY LEO depts

• Like 1

actually were forced into this position to speak with our walletts. If you think this country is still a Democracy then you should move to New York. Get a dose of reality. But smaller companies moving is called freedom of choice and last I heard businesses have the right to refuse service to anyone.

BTW some ammo producers will no longer be supplying ammo to NY LEO depts

Thats fine then. So when larger, more influencial corporations such as banks and such take actions that collapse the economy if certain political decisions are made, that will be ok too, right? For instance, if, say, a certain person is elected, they'll raise interest rates sky high so no one can take out a loan? Or they'll start charging hundreds of dollars a month in bank fees? Those are all their right as well.

The word too Big to Fail comes to mind Stellar. And yes I believe they should have been allowed to fail and not bailed out.

Edited by AsteroidX

The word too Big to Fail comes to mind Stellar. And yes I believe they should have been allowed to fail and not bailed out.

No no, don't mistake what I'm saying here. I'm not talking about allowing the banks to go bankrupt and so on. What I'm saying is, since it's alright apparently for gunmakers to attempt to influence politics this way, it should also be alright for banks to try to influence politics.

So, lets say, banks raise interest rates in order to further indebt the country and the people unless they are given tax exemptions...

Banks already do influence politics. So do many other groups that have lobbying groups.

Personally in America most communities in America now have local banks that are FDA insured but all of there income is in/out from the community. So Big banks could become obsolete except for the Govmnt needs them for there financial shenanigans. Little of that has to do with average Joe. One just needs to be smart to avoid the pitfall you presented.

On the other note banks have tried to stick it to there customers more then once and it was stopped by the Trade Commision I believe as being an unfair practice. Not 100% who stopped em but they were doing alot of funky stuff after the bailouts to raise revenue through "penalties and fees" on the public who were also the ones that bailed them out with our tax dollars.

Most of the Big Banks got caught up with the Big Rate fixing deal that went through the Euro Banking system as well. And that is only now being disclosed...So again I ask you to look at the whole pictur and not each piece of the problem. It presents a better picture when looked at that way.

No love lost here for the Big Bank or whatever happens to them.

Banks already do influence politics. So do many other groups that have lobbying groups.

I know. And I know how much people hate that and are against it aswell. Are you for or against?

• Like 1

I know. And I know how much people hate that and are against it aswell. Are you for or against?

In its current form Im very much against it. Ill even have to say Im against the NRA as a lobbying group....Just to show Im not being impartial. Today it is about special interests and specific interests of groups being put into Legislation nothing what a lobbying group is suppose to be like.

An example of appropriate Lobbying...We had a horrible corn crop last year because of tornadoes and flooding. The farmers in x community need help getting there crops going this year because of forces out of there control. We are asking the Congress for assistance (notice it is a 1 item Bill) so they can get there crops going this year.

Congress votes and it is either aid given or not. IMO that is what Lobbying is meant to be in regards to the Federal Govmnt.

Personally, were i a police chief and i could not order ammo for my men, i would tell my men sorry i don't have ammo today, go to the local gun store and buy your own if you want protection. we will consider reimbursing you for it. As to allowing business to run the government don't they already??? only difference is WHICH Businesses ????

It might not work everywhere ( such as NYC or Jersy) but it would in most places in the USA

Edited by mysticwerewolf

This is a very good point.

This is a very good point.

This is closer to an example of free enterprise and if I dont like your rules Ill take my business elsewhere. Like the Gun manufacturer in Colorado says. If I cannot sell the product I make in your state I am moving my business out of the state. Makes perfect sense.

If NY policies are counter to what the bread and butter is of an industry they have every right to take it elsewhere. The fact people want to make it political because the politicians are the ones that made the restrictions. Well so sorry you feel that way. Im not gonna go to a Hindu neighborhood and open up a McDonalds. Why. Because they cant eat the beef. Nothing political about it. Business sense only.

That is Free Enterprise ladies and Gents.

Ok. Just wanted the bring up the aspect for discussion. If banks hold the country hostage by the same process, it'll be ok too.

If banks hold the country hostage

There already holding the World hostage. :whistle:

• Like 1

There already holding the World hostage. :whistle:

And there should be no issues with that then.

And there should be no issues with that then.

Depends who you ask. Were far far from solving that problem regardless if the solution is a good thing or a bad thing, perhaps we agree the people in charge of it currently are not appropriate to be in such a position...aka corrupted banking and rate fixers. which is the closest we have seen to corrupt world banking. Recently as well.