Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alarming breast cancer rate in US military

Simbi Laveau

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2012/10/02/breast-cancer-troops/1608293/

This is interesting in light of the thread on the German outfit of men getting breast cancer .

A cluster of breast cancer has been found amongst male marines at Fort LeJeune . So many have gotten it ,its made the news here,with an expose about to be broadcast later this week.

The article also states women in the military have up to a 40% higher rate of getting breast cancer .

The causes are attributed to toxins etc ,they can be exposed to ,but...I wonder if this is related to that thread about US military having a sky high rate of heart disease as well .

;)

Edited by Simbi Laveau
  • Like 1

http://www.usatoday....troops/1608293/

This is interesting in light of the thread on the German outfit of men getting breast cancer .

A cluster of breast cancer has been found amongst male marines at Fort LeJeune . So many have gotten it ,its made the news here,with an expose about to be broadcast later this week.

The article also states women in the military have up to a 40% higher rate of getting breast cancer .

The causes are attributed to toxins etc ,they can be exposed to ,but...I wonder if this is related to that thread about US military having a sky high rate of heart disease as well .

;)

Soon as i saw the topic,the german report popped into my head.This is a bit strange.

• Like 1

But the German report was not about breast cancer, it was about the men developing a more female breast from punding their carbine against their left breast.

But the German report was not about breast cancer, it was about the men developing a more female breast from punding their carbine against their left breast.

Yes but that german report has something wrong with it right there,i get hit in the chest about 5 days a week for about the last 20 years yet i dont have man boobs lol.When men get gyno like the german report stated their chance of getting breast cancer at some point are way higher than men who do not have gyno.

Well, not all of them developed breasts, only few of them (35 of 1800 in the batallion). They also said that this needs further investigation.

Well, not all of them developed breasts, only few of them (35 of 1800 in the batallion). They also said that this needs further investigation.

Yeah dont think the german report was very well studied before it was released.Think someone made a suggestion and another ran with it if only 35 out of 1800 were affected.

• Like 1

I'd be curious to know if they tested for steroid use and if that can explain the gyno...

This is quite scary...and these are the people out to save our lives?

Perhaps it was Mother Jones, but one of the snail mail journals covered the Camp Lejeune breast cancer story maybe a year ago by now.

It turns out that the Camp's primary water well was located very close to the Motor Pool area where all the vehicles are maintained and overhauled. For decades, degreasers and other toxins were dumped on the ground in close proximity to the water source.

AND the command structure was aware of it at the highest levels and did nothing about it, which is the real crime.

It provides good insight into the military mindset--troops and marines are expendable, and the command structure doesn't give a damn about polluting the planet.

• Like 1

Perhaps it was Mother Jones, but one of the snail mail journals covered the Camp Lejeune breast cancer story maybe a year ago by now.

It turns out that the Camp's primary water well was located very close to the Motor Pool area where all the vehicles are maintained and overhauled. For decades, degreasers and other toxins were dumped on the ground in close proximity to the water source.

AND the command structure was aware of it at the highest levels and did nothing about it, which is the real crime.

It provides good insight into the military mindset--troops and marines are expendable, and the command structure doesn't give a damn about polluting the planet.

what about the civilians who live near there? have tests been done on them if the ground is being polluted, or maybe they daren`t!

what about the civilians who live near there? have tests been done on them if the ground is being polluted, or maybe they daren`t!

It's been too long since I've read the article, so I don't know the exact answers to your questions.

Lejeune is fairly remote on the coast of Carolina, rather in the swamps. I think the contaminated well served only the Camp, and not any civilian centers.

It's been too long since I've read the article, so I don't know the exact answers to your questions.

Lejeune is fairly remote on the coast of Carolina, rather in the swamps. I think the contaminated well served only the Camp, and not any civilian centers.

As long as it did not get into the rivers.

No doubt in years to come someone will be building houses on the area as a remote and tranquil area to live.

I wonder if it has anything to do with gun powder exposure.

No, it was the motor pool. The article stated that, and I asked a young former Marine about his time there, and he remembered right where it was.

That's what they've tried saying but not just German soldiers do that. Shouldn't others be experiencing the same effect?

Edited by Collateral Damage

Depleted Uranium!!!

Reg: You don't know that!