Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Shadow on Stairs

MedicTJ

Let me start off by saying that I don't think this is anything supernatural, but I'll explain it and maybe you can give me an answer as to what it is.

We bought our home in 2003 but this just started happening over the past 7 or 8 months.

If you walk in the front door of my house, there are stairs straight ahead on the right that lead to the 2nd level. Just past the base of them is an entrance to our living room. From the living room couch, which faces towards the front of the house, you can peripherally see the base of the stairs to your left.

I hope I've explained that well enough for you to get an idea of the layout here.

Anyway, there have been several instances where I've been watching TV in the living room.....and then noticed (very quickly) a shadow-like...something...move down the stairs to my left. Every time I've looked towards the stairs, I've seen nothing.

I said nothing about it to anyone else in my family........until a couple of weeks ago our middle daughter reported seeing the same thing.....in exactly the same way I saw it. That kind of freaked me out a little bit...but no big deal. I should mention that these instances have happened at all matters of hours of day/night.

Well, just about an hour ago I was watching TV on the couch with our 5 year-old shitzu, named Molly. This time when it happened.....Molly also turned her head towards the stairs and perked her ears up.....and kept looking that way for a couple of minutes until finally laying her head back down beside me.

I have to admit that I'm more than a little perplexed at this point.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MedicTJ

• Dan'O

• HDesiato

Top Posters In This Topic

You described the layout pretty well, but not the lighting.

Windows and mirror placement might be important also.

Was there any remodeling or construction 7-8 months ago? Did anyone you know pass near that time?

Yeah, we had the house re-insulated (the blown-in stuff) but that was it.

You described the layout pretty well, but not the lighting.

Windows and mirror placement might be important also.

Well, the front door has a small window in it so light could be thrown from it that way but if that was the culprit then we would have noticed something long, long ago. There is also a window at the top of the landing on the staircase, but there's no way that could make any difference because of the same reason...and it faces a completely different direction.

Of note, since I posted the original there have been no occurences.