Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The End of Rand Paul?

and-then

Personally I agree with every word but I'm also aware that I am decidedly in the minority these days.

• Like 1

Guess us who aren't spiritual aren't Americans.

Edit: That's not directed towards you AT, but to Rand Paul's opinion that 'America' needs a 'Spiritual Awakening'. All of this nations problems ARE political, religious points are argued as political points nowadays and it's become politic's hoedown mistress.

Edited by Hasina

I agree with him completely as well. I believe in the inverse theory of paranoia, too: "No matter how bad you think it is, it's actually worse than you thought." Good post, thanks.

Guess us who aren't spiritual aren't Americans.

I never said that Hasina or meant to imply it, I'm sure and then didn't either. :)

• Like 1

Oh~ And I love the line of 'Spiritual Cleansing'! Now I know most will say 'oh he doesn't mean what you think.'

Edit: Also; Spiritual leaders? Like from all the different Christian sects? Get them to agree on Christian doctrine first, then they can get into politics, since religion should be simple, it's in the Bible, and ask God.

Edited by Hasina

Oh~ And I love the line of 'Spiritual Cleansing'! Now I know most will say 'oh he doesn't mean what you think.'

Edit: Also; Spiritual leaders? Like from all the different Christian sects? Get them to agree on Christian doctrine first, then they can get into politics, since religion should be simple, it's in the Bible, and ask God.

I'm sure I can't speak for what he has in mind specifically but what I understood from his words was that America needs to turn to God - the God of the Bible. I realize that the numbers of Americans who feel that way these days is significantly less than when I was a child, but that also was the point of my post. I think his career will be negatively impacted since everything IS politics these days - just as you stated. People who believe in the God of the Bible are in a minority now and it is getting to be a smaller one all the time. It's not unexpected, just depressing to see it unfold. Many here tended to support Rand for his other political stances but THIS admission will make him tainted goods going forward I think.
  • Like 1

I'm sure I can't speak for what he has in mind specifically but what I understood from his words was that America needs to turn to God - the God of the Bible. I realize that the numbers of Americans who feel that way these days is significantly less than when I was a child, but that also was the point of my post. I think his career will be negatively impacted since everything IS politics these days - just as you stated. People who believe in the God of the Bible are in a minority now and it is getting to be a smaller one all the time. It's not unexpected, just depressing to see it unfold. Many here tended to support Rand for his other political stances but THIS admission will make him tainted goods going forward I think.

As they should be tainted goods, I have nothing against a person's personal faith but in the US there is separation of Church and State. It seems Rand thinks politics should have more of a religious basis to it, and the funny thing with most religions, they're views are right because, hey, God said so.

Edited by Hasina

As they should be tainted goods, I have nothing against a person's personal faith but in the US there is separation of Church and State. It seems Rand thinks politics should have more of a religious basis to it, and the funny thing with most religions, they're views are right because, hey, God said so.

The whole thing about the separation of church and state is, originally wasn't it "congress shall make no law regarding religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof", or words to that effect? In the original intent, there was nothing wrong with having prayer in school, or crosses on public land, or any of that. Congress used to (and maybe still does) begin with prayer. I think the original meaning has really been twisted and distorted.