Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

@Gun Owners

stevemagegod

It's hard to believe that we as Legal Gun Holders are having are privacy rights violated by placing everyone's names and addresses on the internet putting are family's at risk of harassment and safety just because we own a Gun all due to a so called Freedom of Information's act request. So i just had a crazy thought. How about we file a Freedom of Information request at internet companies requesting everyone who has a contract with internet access requesting everyone's Name, and addresses and placed on a interactive Map just like how the news organization did to us Gun owners.

Now think about it: Everyone has a computer these days and most of us has internet access. Yet more crimes are committed with a computer and internet access that cost billions of dollars than Guns do all year long. A Freedom of information request would make tracking people who commit computer crimes much easier since all people have to do is change your ip address or use a proxy. But changing where you like is much much harder.

Its such a crazy idea that no one would do it. Because almost everyone has internet access these days. And it would get shot down so fast it would make your heads spin. Yet you put Legal Gun Holding citizens information out there on the web without are permission.

Edited by stevemagegod
  • Like 1

It was a pure bit of bullying IMO.

It's not like "naming and shaming" paedophiles or drug dealers, because unlike them, gun owners aren't criminals.

• Like 7

It's hard to believe that we as Legal Gun Holders are having are privacy rights violated by placing everyone's names and addresses on the internet putting are family's at risk of harassment and safety just because we own a Gun all due to a so called Freedom of Information's act request. So i just had a crazy thought. How about we file a Freedom of Information request at internet companies requesting everyone who has a contract with internet access requesting everyone's Name, and addresses and placed on a interactive Map just like how the news organization did to us Gun owners.

1 - clearly you don't know the difference between government and private enterprise. Gun registration is with government. Government files are public documents. Clearly available to anyone. If you don't want your name there - don't own a gun. Private enterprise is by definition private. So you don't have public access to their records.

2 - this is already available. Most phone records are published as "white pages". These have already been mapped and available to anyone publically - if you pay the person that did it.

3 - partial Device IP addresses are available to private enterprise (ISP), but consider this. Many computers are behind a router that assigns dynamic IPs. That means they are not permanent to a device. A single router can service many devices both wired and wireless, both public and private, of many uses. a device can acquire a different IP based on whatever network it is currently attached and then something else later. They could use the devices physical address which does not change but that's even more difficult. It's not really practical.

4 - the "risk" you fear is mostly paranoia.

It's not like "naming and shaming" paedophiles or drug dealers, because unlike them, gun owners aren't criminals.

Exactly so why are they treating us level 3 Sex Offenders wtf?

• Like 1

For awhile.

that was one f the stupidest things ive ever seen done. well itleast it made the top 50. The past 4 years has had alot of stupids thrown at us.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 2

1 - clearly you don't know the difference between government and private enterprise. Gun registration is with government. Government files are public documents. Clearly available to anyone. If you don't want your name there - don't own a gun. Private enterprise is by definition private. So you don't have public access to their records.

Fine. Let's publish the names and addresses of everyone on government assistance. Or... How about you give us your name and address since it's no big deal. C'mon, put your money where your mouth is and tell us who you are.

• Like 3

Fine. Let's publish the names and addresses of everyone on government assistance. Or... How about you give us your name and address since it's no big deal. C'mon, put your money where your mouth is and tell us who you are.

His name is Rahm and his last name starts with an e :lol:

• Like 1

Now think about it: Everyone has a computer these days and most of us has internet access. Yet more crimes are committed with a computer and internet access that cost billions of dollars than Guns do all year long. A Freedom of information request would make tracking people who commit computer crimes much easier since all people have to do is change your ip address or use a proxy. But changing where you like is much much harder.

Its such a crazy idea that no one would do it. Because almost everyone has internet access these days. And it would get shot down so fast it would make your heads spin. Yet you put Legal Gun Holding citizens information out there on the web without are permission.

You do know that you can fill out a form to not be included in FOI requests of gun owners, right?

You do know that you can fill out a form to not be included in FOI requests of gun owners, right?

Yes i know. But thats not the point here.

I hope this is relevant, don't want to sidetrack, but these guys are making more and more sense:

• Like 2

There videos and the sources they sight are 100% accurate and can be found easily with google. So yes its a lot of hard search engine work condensed into a video. With an opinion that is not pro gun and actually they are a strictly non violent group.

There library of violations of Human Rights violations on American soil and Unconstitutional actions by our Government continue to be documented.

This is a link to a gal that did an extreme amount research on Financial corruption leading up and following the OWS movement. It still remains relevant although it a vast compilation of material.

http://hopegirl2012....on-by-hopegirl/

I like to put these 2 together when I want to see the big picture as that is one of anons longer videos. We live in different times today and must be aware.

Edited by AsteroidX
  • Like 1

1 - clearly you don't know the difference between government and private enterprise. Gun registration is with government. Government files are public documents. Clearly available to anyone. If you don't want your name there - don't own a register your gun. Private enterprise is by definition private. So you don't have public access to their records.

2 - this is already available. Most phone records are published as "white pages". These have already been mapped and available to anyone publically - if you pay the person that did it.

3 - partial Device IP addresses are available to private enterprise (ISP), but consider this. Many computers are behind a router that assigns dynamic IPs. That means they are not permanent to a device. A single router can service many devices both wired and wireless, both public and private, of many uses. a device can acquire a different IP based on whatever network it is currently attached and then something else later. They could use the devices physical address which does not change but that's even more difficult. It's not really practical.

4 - the "risk" you fear is mostly paranoia.

FIFY

If publishing handgun license information was such a craptacular idea, I'm not sure why doing it again in other forms would be a good idea?

• Like 1

I hope this is relevant, don't want to sidetrack, but these guys are making more and more sense:

[media=]

[/media]

I been preaching this for years now. Glad I am not the only one that notice this and trying to explain to people. He he...

Edited by Uncle Sam
  • Like 2

Fine. Let's publish the names and addresses of everyone on government assistance. Or... How about you give us your name and address since it's no big deal.

interesting. I'm not certain that is not already available.

Secondly as I am not on government assistance, I wouldn't be there. I don't have landline so I'm not in the white pages.

Yes i know. But thats not the point here.

yes it is. If you don't want to be listed in public documents then avail yourself of those options.

interesting. I'm not certain that is not already available.

Secondly as I am not on government assistance, I wouldn't be there. I don't have landline so I'm not in the white pages.

Do you own a house? That would put you on public record. My county has a real estate assessment web page. Lists all homes, addresses, owners, property value, tax info, pictures... You are in a gov database somewhere. So you should tell us all who you are and where you live. It's ok for the gun owners to be outed. They didn't do anything except exercise there rights. Same as you exercise your right to speak freely. There is no difference. you can say the gun owners are potentially dangerous but I could say the same for the principals you speak of. So I think you're potentially hazardous to society and I think the community should know who you are so they can decide whether to avoid you or your family or decide whether or not to vandalize or rob your home. It's only fair. You love fair. Practice what you preach why don't you.

• Like 4

It let common thieves know who doesn't have a gun and are vulnerable. I think it might backfire on them.

It let common thieves know who doesn't have a gun and are vulnerable. I think it might backfire on them.

Actually the NY paper that released all that info screwed the pooch bigtime. Turned out a great amount of that info was old and irrelevant. Many of the people who were listed no longer even lived at those addresses or had guns since they may have since sold them or whatever. Besides, at least a couple people, that we know of, were robbed for their guns. Unfortunately those pesky irresponsible gun owners had their shlt locked up and the thieves couldn't get them.

• Like 1

Do you own a house? That would put you on public record. My county has a real estate assessment web page. Lists all homes, addresses, owners, property value, tax info, pictures... You are in a gov database somewhere. So you should tell us all who you are and where you live. It's ok for the gun owners to be outed.

I do and that information is publicly available. It's part of the MLS (multi-list) and is the same thing as the gun owner database. They were not "outed". This is public information. Public information is available to the public. You whining about outing me here is irrelevant. UM users are not public information. (not being a government body) Until UM requires real names like facebook, I don't have to.

I'm sorry I just don't see how it matters or was even useful.

What you dont see is your biggest weakness