Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pre Tribulation/Post Tribulation

and-then

For Christians, most will fall into one of these categories. At times there are strenuous arguments over who is correct but I wonder - what difference does it really make? If one is a believer and has attained his salvation through Christ's gift then what does it matter WHEN we see Him again? Every person will die unless they are "changed" but is this a point worth arguing

For Christians, most will fall into one of these categories. At times there are strenuous arguments over who is correct but I wonder - what difference does it really make? If one is a believer and has attained his salvation through Christ's gift then what does it matter WHEN we see Him again? Every person will die unless they are "changed" but is this a point worth arguing

That is the very reason why I don't worry too much about the apocalyptic literature. Doesn't matter either way.

Then there are those Christians who don't believe in a Rapture at all *puts hand up* There's also a school of thought that believes in a mid-Trib Rapture.

I personally don't think the Bible has enough information to give us a clear-cut doctrine on this matter. I generally subscribe to a view of Eschatology known as Amillennialism, but if pushed I'd not hold dogmatically to that approach. I'm happy with "I don't know" as an answer.

~ Regards, PA

• Like 2

Posts removed. Lets not start this thread with flippant comments designed to bait and annoy.

Edited by Daughter of the Nine Moons
  • Like 1

Posts removed. Lets not start this thread with flippant comments designed to bait and annoy.

I can assure you my comment was designed to bait and annoy no-one. I was unaware 'tribulation' was shortened as a matter of course. Is rapture also shortened to 'rap'?

*confused smiley*

• Like 2

Zephaniah 2:1-3 "Gather yourselves together, yea, gather together, O nation not desired; Before the decree bring forth, before the day pass as the chaff, before the fierce anger of the LORD come upon you, before the day of the LORD'S anger come upon you. Seek ye the LORD, all ye meek of the earth, which have wrought his judgment; seek righteousness, seek meekness: it may be ye shall be hid in the day of the LORD'S anger."

The Kingdom of Heaven is within, he is with us now. I may not be physically seeing him but I don't think I have to go looking anywhere for him either. I don't mull over what is not my place to judge aka: who will and won't be saved. I have my hands full dealing with my own issues and am not going to add to them by making ill informed judgements about others. The issue of the 2nd death is not one I waste my time on nor use as a means of converting others, it doesn't work - they just think we are trying to scare them, and really, in the absence of true knowledge and understanding of christ's message, that is what anyone would think - add to that I think it is a poor condition in which to convert per se, ie: ignorant and fearful.

• Like 1

The Kingdom of Heaven is within, he is with us now. I may not be physically seeing him but I don't think I have to go looking anywhere for him either. I don't mull over what is not my place to judge aka: who will and won't be saved. I have my hands full dealing with my own issues and am not going to add to them by making ill informed judgements about others. The issue of the 2nd death is not one I waste my time on nor use as a means of converting others, it doesn't work - they just think we are trying to scare them, and really, in the absence of true knowledge and understanding of christ's message, that is what anyone would think - add to that I think it is a poor condition in which to convert per se, ie: ignorant and fearful.

I agree and I have always been of a mind that if one does not seek Christ's gift out of love for Him and His way then salvation is worth little more than "fire insurance". But my question arises from a video I recently watched where a group of post trib(ulation ;) types were vehemently attacking pre tribbers. It seemed silly to me. If Christ and His salvation message is real - and I fully believe it is - then the when and where of seeing Him face to face seems immaterial to me except to say the sooner the better of course! Surely, harsh arguments over dogma have no place in His church.