Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

.NDE Researcher Kenneth Ring: The Golden Rule

markdohle

Hi Mark,

Here are a couple of expressions to think about: "train of thought," and "My life flashed before my eyes."

"...in someone's shoes" is a new one on me, regarding NDE and Lazarus Syndrome. Could it be that "it's only a dream," or halucination? It's always a big possibility. Did the writer concocted this particular story (about his "friend") to up the ante and sell more books? That's also a great possibility. It sounds like Whoopie Goldberg's character in Ghost when a particular spirit forcibly entered her body and she felt yucky about it afterward -- so yes, in a way, it's been done, or thought about. Again, this is new to me (when it comes to "real life" situation, not a Hollywood story), and I've been studying NDE and Lazarus Syndrome for quite sometime now. After all, when it comes to NDE, everything is possible, unlike Lazarus Syndrome.

The mind is very dubious, as well. A desperate writer can be very crafty, and this is not an accusation (mind you). Plus, guilt has a way of distorting one's dream(s) -- NDE?

Does the writer have a Hollywood deal, or about to make a deal?

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u
  • Like 1

Hi Mark,

Here are a couple of expressions to think about: "train of thought," and "My life flashed before my eyes."

"...in someone's shoes" is a new one on me, regarding NDE and Lazarus Syndrome. Could it be that "it's only a dream," or halucination? It's always a big possibility. Did the writer concocted this particular story (about his "friend") to up the ante and sell more books? That's also a great possibility. It sounds like Whoopie Goldberg's character in Ghost when a particular spirit forcibly entered her body and she felt yucky about it afterward -- so yes, in a way, it's been done, or thought about. Again, this is new to me (when it comes to "real life" situation, not a Hollywood story), and I've been studying NDE and Lazarus Syndrome for quite sometime now. After all, when it comes to NDE, everything is possible, unlike Lazarus Syndrome.

The mind is very dubious, as well. A desperate writer can be very crafty, and this is not an accusation (mind you). Plus, guilt has a way of distorting one's dream(s) -- NDE?

Peace.

Kenneth Ring is a highly respected scholar on the NDE phenomena http://www.near-death.com/experiences/experts04.html. This field of study is only growing and those who wish to try to explain it away have so far not suceeded. We each have to decide on what to make of the experiences that others share, to belive or not. Atheist as well as theist have these experiences and most atheist do not remain so after.

peace

mark

Hi Mark,

Peace.

I'd have to say you have quite a cynical outlook. I'm sure he's trying to sell books. That's probably how he makes a living. But that doesn't mean he's just concocting stories to make money.

I'd have to say you have quite a cynical outlook. I'm sure he's trying to sell books. That's probably how he makes a living. But that doesn't mean he's just concocting stories to make money.

Cynical outlook? You lack reading skills.

Kenneth Ring is a highly respected scholar on the NDE phenomena http://www.near-deat.../experts04.html. This field of study is only growing and those who wish to try to explain it away have so far not suceeded. We each have to decide on what to make of the experiences that others share, to belive or not. Atheist as well as theist have these experiences and most atheist do not remain so after.

peace

mark

Hi Mark,

I have better credentials than Kenneth: I actually died 3 times in this lifetime alone, and I have been studying this arena for years (and I'm also a published writer, DJ Vex/Apocrypho/4 A.M., and was a former meditation teacher with a lineage). "Being in someone's shoes" in the NDE / Lazarus Syndrome arena is new. It makes me wonder if it's just a dream. We really don't know the backstory of that person who had felt his own blows... The writer didn't give enough details. IMO, many NDE experiences are merely dreams. Lazarus Syndrome is something else, however. There are "psychic" things to look for, to cut a long story short.

Peace.

Hi Mark,

I have better credentials than Kenneth: I actually died 3 times in this lifetime alone, and I have been studying this arena for years (and I'm also a published writer, DJ Vex/Apocrypho/4 A.M., and was a former meditation teacher with a lineage). "Being in someone's shoes" in the NDE / Lazarus Syndrome arena is new. It makes me wonder if it's just a dream. We really don't know the backstory of that person who had felt his own blows... The writer didn't give enough details. IMO, many NDE experiences are merely dreams. Lazarus Syndrome is something else, however. There are "psychic" things to look for, to cut a long story short.

Peace.

I will have to look into the 'Lazrus Syndrome' my friend, thanks. Pam Reynolds NDE is considered one of the most interesting by those who study this human experience. Below is the video. Dreams, of which I have many, and I do remember many of them, all the way back to my six year, don't seem to be the same thing these people experience, it is I believe of a different order and has something to tell us about reality.

• Like 1

Hi Mark,

Pam definitely had an NDE. It really wasn't her time; otherwise, that "tiny, pinpoint" of Light would've "vacuumed" Pam to her "other" destination. And yes, the "Light" has that pulling effect.

Look at her eyes. Listen to her voice. Do you sense anything? "There are 'psychic' things to look for..." NDE and Lazarus Syndrome have several types of experiences or examples, but in the end, one has to ask oneself (since there is an afterlife): where would I go (or be taken) if I were to die tomorrow? The otherside of the "Light" is not always light. It's the MAJOR reason why I went back to my root, which is Christianity.

Peace.

• Like 1

Here's one for you, Mark:

"Untold terror"

Matthew 25:30: "And cast you the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Have you ever heard of invisible tears? Even in that realm, God or "Power that be" has the capability to rescue a soul in distress, for It knows what's in his or her "heart." If you were to find yourself in that situation and you knew in your "heart" that it was undeserved, your core being would know what to do. It's like a grace from nowhere, a stillness in the eye of despair but enough to get one's "awareness" to call out for help.

A bright Entity (with love beyond compare) came and hugged me, and before I knew it I was out of the Void. Again, It knew what was in my "heart." This bright (like golden luminosity) Entity had long hair, but Its face was obscured. I can't say this enough, it was "love beyond compare." When this happened to me in 2000 (my 3rd death), I was not a practicing Christian, for I had been teaching kundalini yoga/meditation (12 years as a teacher and 34 years as a yogi) until I converted back to my Christian root this year. I still pray (to Christ) and meditate (being quiet or still with a picture of Jesus Christ in front of me and the Holy Bible next to me)...

Even in the Void, it's never too late, as long as you believe in your "heart" that you did your best in this world to be a good human being -- I believe this.

Peace.

Edited by braveone2u

Cynical outlook? You lack reading skills.

Did the writer concocted this particular story (about his "friend") to up the ante and sell more books?

You don't think that sounds cynical? Would you like me to post the definition of cynical for you?

No, that doesn't sound cynical, unless your mind is geared to read it as such. It's a direct question. There's a difference.

Hi MedicTJ,

To label my question cynical, you have to know me enough to say that... I am sorry if my question came across to you as such.

Peace.

Paul

Hi Mark,

Pam definitely had an NDE. It really wasn't her time; otherwise, that "tiny, pinpoint" of Light would've "vacuumed" Pam to her "other" destination. And yes, the "Light" has that pulling effect.

Look at her eyes. Listen to her voice. Do you sense anything? "There are 'psychic' things to look for..." NDE and Lazarus Syndrome have several types of experiences or examples, but in the end, one has to ask oneself (since there is an afterlife): where would I go (or be taken) if I were to die tomorrow? The otherside of the "Light" is not always light. It's the MAJOR reason why I went back to my root, which is Christianity.

Peace.

I understand, again, for me the life review is the main thing in the NDE.

peace

mark

Life reviews are done by the Spirit of Truth, another title for the Holy Spirit. Usually Jesus is present and those that sit on the thrones of judgement (12 Apostles) during these life reviews.

I understand, again, for me the life review is the main thing in the NDE.

peace

mark

Hi Mark,

I would agree with you if life review were the only and best situation given (compared to being in the Void, staying earth-bound, perpetual nightmare, etc.).

Paradise's perfected reality with Jesus Christ is, of course, my ultimate preference. I think many people are Christians today because of this promise. Without it and the guidance of the Holy Spirit, I wouldn't have converted back to Christianity.

Have a wonderful evening,

Paul

I would hate to be the guy who stept on and an ant and saw it in slow motion as me being that ant. For real in the grand universe we are much smaller than an ant. Lets get over ourselves.

I would hate to be the guy who stept on and an ant and saw it in slow motion as me being that ant. For real in the grand universe we are much smaller than an ant. Lets get over ourselves.

Are you saying jesus is smaller than ant?