Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why They Do It

No Censorship

It's just simply that they believe they are getting away with it, the power they weild on society, holding an entire town (sometimes a entire nation) at ransom, and they keep believing that until the day they get caught, even then most are in denial that they were caught, they go through their trial believing they still can get away with it. Until they are found guilty and what you see are the expressions of bewilderment on their faces. How can this be ? How can they catch me ?

Today, the sad thing is that they are beginning to not care whether they get away or not at all, they know how to "get away with it" and never be caught : they kill themselves.

You could have another answer there,another reason i say it could be these medicines they prescibe is how and why they prescribe them.Lots of doctors throw these things around like candy.I went to the doctor around 7 months back because my ability to sleep had gotten very bad,and my muscles started to spasm alot.So this one genius writes me something for depression and says it helps with anxiety.I had neither but that was his diagnosis.I didnt take the stuff went to another doc and found out i was correct wasnt my problem at all.He couldnt believe i was given that for my problem.

When people take those meds some dont take them consistently either,that can create a monster of its own right there.

• Like 1

You could have another answer there,another reason i say it could be these medicines they prescibe is how and why they prescribe them.Lots of doctors throw these things around like candy.I went to the doctor around 7 months back because my ability to sleep had gotten very bad,and my muscles started to spasm alot.So this one genius writes me something for depression and says it helps with anxiety.I had neither but that was his diagnosis.I didnt take the stuff went to another doc and found out i was correct wasnt my problem at all.He couldnt believe i was given that for my problem.

When people take those meds some dont take them consistently either,that can create a monster of its own right there.

a pill won't make someone a criminal or killer, the criminal intent is clear in every one. When you know something is right and good, then you by definition knows when something is wrong or bad. Then apply this to the Laws. When you what is against the Laws, then by definition you know what is not against the Law.

Meds and Docs can't change that. It won't make you do what you know you can't, mustn't and sholdn't do.

The thing that sparks it off in the first place is they don't care if it's wrong or against the Law, then they don't care if they get caught. Until they realise they didn't get caught like a lightning striking them down, then they believe they are getting away with it, and they believe they know how to keep getting away with it.

The ones thet get caught is the ones we hear about, there are still many that are not caught yet and sooner or later the numbers of those that are getting away with it reaches a critical mass, then a lot more will get away with a lot more.

Modern society thinks that absolute freedom frees us from social problems, there is no such thing as "absolute" freedom. Simply because there is no such thing as "absolute" bondage.

I have not taken prescription meds (chemicals) or even an aspirin pill for over 20 odd years, I rely on herbs and nature sourced traditional health supplements, the "in" thing now isn't it? :lol:

I just laugh my behind off at what they sell as the latest "hi-tech" health products when it's just a few roots of plants grounded to fine powder. And pay an arm and a leg for something that grows most anywhere.

• Like 1

Some people are just born mean and evil. Some are made mean and evil due to somerthing triggering it. Most serial murderers, an rapist do it becasue they se nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the Fame the Hunt The Kill or the Rape. In their mind just another day at the office.

• Like 1

I think I'm getting confused here? What type of drugs are we talking about, exactly?

If it's illegal, often rage and confusion inducing drugs like street stimulants, we already know they cause temporary insanity and moments of out of control anger and outbursts. It is a reason as real as getting in an out of control argument and killing someone. There shouldn't be a question that these area cause of many deaths.

But I thought we were talking about mass murder events where it was found out that the person was taking something like an anti-depressant. I hope you aren't trying to tie drugs like those into making people more prone to anger and violence? I don't think there's been any kind of supporting evidence to allude to that. In this case, who is to say they indeed actuall ykilled a person *after* doing a drug, as opposed to taking that drug every day, which would make them, by default, kill someone *after* they took a pill. There is a clear jump to tie the two together, that needs some kind of more supporting evidence to safely make the connection, right?

No. I'm referring to drugs like anti-depressants. They often make bad situations worse, and they make some people angry and violent. I'm not saying that they always do that. Please don't put words in my mouth. They're a common factor in some murders. There is supporting evidence of this, but you won't hear much of it in the MSM. However, you will hear and read some of it in ads and commercials for drugs. Recall the very long lists of side effects. They're listed for a reason. Also, ask yourself this question. Why have there been more murders after the introduction and distribution of these SSRIs into American society? Why have so many killers and would-be killers taken these psychotropic drugs? It's not just the chicken and the egg at play here. There always have been deeply disturbed people in our country. There haven't always been these kinds of crimes, and they rose as the number of medicated Americans rose.

• Like 1

Very true and it is also strange that usually when one of these recent events happens others pull a copycat why?If they were raised wrong,or it was just a chemical reaction happening in their brain wouldnt this just be a regular occurrence?I think some now days are just being born without a care or feeling inside of them.

There's a new theory that Adam Lanza tried to copy Anders Breivik. He evidently wished to murder more people. It reminded me of an earlier post that I typed. Some individuals would be mass murderers or serial murderers if they faced no punishment for their crimes. Look at the number of Americans who say things like "nuke Iran" or "nuke Iraq". How many of them would do it if they would have the chance. How many of these callous people match the last sentence in your post? It's a scary thought!

It's just simply that they believe they are getting away with it, the power they weild on society, holding an entire town (sometimes a entire nation) at ransom, and they keep believing that until the day they get caught, even then most are in denial that they were caught, they go through their trial believing they still can get away with it. Until they are found guilty and what you see are the expressions of bewilderment on their faces. How can this be ? How can they catch me ?

Today, the sad thing is that they are beginning to not care whether they get away or not at all, they know how to "get away with it" and never be caught : they kill themselves.

Suicide seems like it's more the rule than the exception. It doesn't matter if it's done by the person or the police. Most of the killers want to go out in a blaze of glory. They don't care if they take no people with them. They don't care if they take a billion people with them. I'm referring to their suicides BTW. I always want the killers to be apprehended and prosecuted so that we can gain more insights into their methods and motivations. It might save lives.

Those are all good points. Just so people don't get the wrong idea, I support giving medication to people who need and want them, people whose lives are improved by taking the medication. I'm cool with that. Like you said, they're definitely not for all people in all situations.

• Like 1

Some people are just born mean and evil. Some are made mean and evil due to somerthing triggering it. Most serial murderers, an rapist do it becasue they se nothing wrong with it. They enjoy the Fame the Hunt The Kill or the Rape. In their mind just another day at the office.

That cuts to the chase, and it's true. It's likely a perfect storm of nature and nurture in most cases. The killers' lives bring their psychopathic genes to the surface. Their environments nurse their pathologies.

There's a new theory that Adam Lanza tried to copy Anders Breivik. He evidently wished to murder more people. It reminded me of an earlier post that I typed. Some individuals would be mass murderers or serial murderers if they faced no punishment for their crimes. Look at the number of Americans who say things like "nuke Iran" or "nuke Iraq". How many of them would do it if they would have the chance. How many of these callous people match the last sentence in your post? It's a scary thought!

Added a new twist to the conversation with that thought,are they just saying it because they know it's someone elses decision?Or would they do it themselves given the chance?

• Like 1

Added a new twist to the conversation with that thought,are they just saying it because they know it's someone elses decision?Or would they do it themselves given the chance?

It makes you wonder how many people could or would kill groups with a flip of the switch if they could so without getting punished. They could do it in anonymity. I hope that they comprise a tiny minority of the population, but you wonder when you look at certain experiments about blind obedience to authority. Many hidden fans of tyrants come out of the woodwork when the tyrants seize power too.

• Like 1

It makes you wonder how many people could or would kill groups with a flip of the switch if they could so without getting punished. They could do it in anonymity. I hope that they comprise a tiny minority of the population, but you wonder when you look at certain experiments about blind obedience to authority. Many hidden fans of tyrants come out of the woodwork when the tyrants seize power too.

This could be the creepiest post of all because it is so true.You never honestly know what most are thinking and how being completely anonymous without threat of punishment would or could change their behavior.

I know i pretty much repeated exactly what you said,but your point was almost to well made haha.

Edited by CrimsonKing
  • Like 1

This could be the creepiest post of all because it is so true.You never honestly know what most are thinking and how being completely anonymous without threat of punishment would or could change their behavior.

I know i pretty much repeated exactly what you said,but your point was almost to well made haha.

Thanks, CK. Your second sentence explains why many people act like jerks on forums and websites. They think that they can insult complete strangers with impunity. It could be that their anonymity brings forth their true selves, which is a disturbing thought.

• Like 1

Exactly right!I myself come across as a jerk sometimes and i know i do,sometimes i do not mean to just one of those people.I can never meet or talk to someone and the moment,i do they for some reason cannot stand me lol.When i am a jerk when i am online and i know i am being one i would say the same thing to their face,i do not pride myself on being a keyboard warrior lol.

One of my favorite actors once said "I can't get in a mild disscussion without turning it into a argument.There must be something in my tone of voice,or this arrogant face-something that antagonizes everybody.Nobody likes me on sight." Humphrey Bogart

Almost describes me completely :lol:

• Like 1

Bogey and Bacall ... Ahh... She's a vision for sore eyes she is .........

post-108562-0-87207700-1361379386_thumb.

Edited by third_eye
  • Like 1

As much as I think anti-depressants are a culprit in the majority of cases, I also think a lot of these guys have nowhere else to turn (Chris Dorner). WATCH THIS! This is only the trailer but you can find the full documentary online or on Netflix.

As much as I think anti-depressants are a culprit in the majority of cases, I also think a lot of these guys have nowhere else to turn (Chris Dorner). WATCH THIS! This is only the trailer but you can find the full documentary online or on Netflix.

Dorner was represented during his hearings, though. He thanked the man by killing his daughter. He could have turned to many people and many places before he murdered his first victim. After that, he indeed had nowhere to turn.

Taking anti depressents has nothing to do with mass murder and its a slur to say people who take them are more prone to violence towards others, maybe to themselves as some AD's increase suicidiality in the early stages of someone taking them but not to others.

Mathew bryant and adam lanza both suffered from autism, but just because of that i ain't going to tar all autistic people as being dangerous, and no one should do so. Its ridiculous to say such things.

Here in the uk none of the many mass murderers/spree killers we've had have i ever even heard of any connection to anti depressants.

Edited by spursfan

Taking anti depressents has nothing to do with mass murder and its a slur to say people who take them are more prone to violence towards others, maybe to themselves as some AD's increase suicidiality in the early stages of someone taking them but not to others.

Mathew bryant and adam lanza both suffered from autism, but just because of that i ain't going to tar all autistic people as being dangerous, and no one should do so. Its ridiculous to say such things.

Here in the uk none of the many mass murderers/spree killers we've had have i ever even heard of any connection to anti depressants.

I do not recall anyone here saying that all who take these medications are more prone to violence towards others.Some of these meds can make people have extreme mood swings if not taken properly and even in some who do take them properly.The point is an individual brain can act extremely different to these meds than another,we can never be sure how one will react to them until taken and monitored.So read through the whole post before getting all upset and saying this is equal to a slur lol

• Like 1

No one did that. We simply stated facts, some of which may not be PC in the UK. I never said that psychotropic drugs caused all such crimes. I said that they likely caused or worsened the problems of *some* killers. They were contributing factors in *some* murders. I suggest that you read and study certain reports that show links. It's strange that the use of such medication coincided with a rise in such shootings. That said, most autistic and psychotic individuals aren't multiple-victim murderers, of course. I never meant to imply that they were. I and other people mentioned that they sometimes were harmed by the introduction of psychotropic drugs into their vulnerable systems. It's indisputable that many people experience side effects from medications designed to treat ills of the body. Why would psychopharmacology be different?

• Like 1

No one did that. We simply stated facts, some of which may not be PC in the UK. I never said that psychotropic drugs caused all such crimes. I said that they likely caused or worsened the problems of *some* killers. They were contributing factors in *some* murders. I suggest that you read and study certain reports that show links. It's strange that the use of such medication coincided with a rise in such shootings. That said, most autistic and psychotic individuals aren't multiple-victim murderers, of course. I never meant to imply that they were. I and other people mentioned that they sometimes were harmed by the introduction of psychotropic drugs into their vulnerable systems. It's indisputable that many people experience side effects from medications designed to treat ills of the body. Why would psychopharmacology be different?

Sometimes people need a bit more time to interpret what has been said instead of reading to far into one or two posts :tu:

I recall watching a YouTube interview of a serial killer. Not sure who he was/is. But I think it was a mob hitman with 40+ kills, with an extremely disturbed childhood regarding his father, major physical abuse, I think.

Anyway, the interview was quite long, but I was somewhat shocked when he said to the interviewer "I would kill you right now if I could"

The killer was completely chained, and flanked by 2 correctional officers, so he couldn't do anything. Yet he was very serious about the threat.

It sent chills up my spine nonetheless, hearing that.

• Like 1

The drugs help some people. Unfortunately, psychopharmacology does anything but benefit the biochemistry of some individuals. It creates or worsens problems, and it causes some people to go off the deep end. How many killers took psychotropic drugs?

Mass killings, spree killings and serial killings predate psychotropic drugs. This may well be part of the answer, but not 'the' answer.

Some people, for whatever reason, have no empathy.

I recall watching a YouTube interview of a serial killer. Not sure who he was/is. But I think it was a mob hitman with 40+ kills, with an extremely disturbed childhood regarding his father, major physical abuse, I think.

Anyway, the interview was quite long, but I was somewhat shocked when he said to the interviewer "I would kill you right now if I could"

The killer was completely chained, and flanked by 2 correctional officers, so he couldn't do anything. Yet he was very serious about the threat.

It sent chills up my spine nonetheless, hearing that.

That sounds like Kuklinski. He was known as the Ice Man because he kept one of his victims in a freezer. He was of Irish and Polish descent, and he indeed was very abused when he was a boy, which likely contributed to his career choice as a hit man for the Mob. He murdered for the fun of it (his take on it) too. That was an aberration. Most hit men rubbed out just criminals and witnesses, when they were contracted by the Mafia or the Syndicate, in Kuklinski's day. He killed non-involved civilians if they got on his bad side. He was one huge, scary monster!

• Like 1

Mass killings, spree killings and serial killings predate psychotropic drugs. This may well be part of the answer, but not 'the' answer.

That's true, but there's a link between the two. Look at the students and young men who took them before they murdered people. You rarely, if ever, heard about school shootings before the age of psychotropic drugs. I doubt that's a coincidence.

Agreed,have you ever saw "The Iceman or cocain cowboys?Griselda blanco had no human emotions complete psycho!

• Like 1