Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

There Will Be No Economic Recovery

Yamato

the OP sounds a lot like a spoilt child. The sky will fall, the sky will fall. pfft.

the OP sounds a lot like a spoilt child. The sky will fall, the sky will fall. pfft.

The sky did fall but we still have an atmosphere for a while at least .

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

You are the one sounding like a spoiled child, putting your hands over your ears an yelling NA NA NA NA, cause you just dont want to face reality.

• Like 2

For that matter lots of people are still living in dark ages... by that i mean the mainstream media which is still saying " We are fine,you are fine, dont worry, economy is growing " ... it will just blow your mind when it officaly hits the bottom line.

Edited by Tesla II
  • Like 1

For that matter lots of people are still living in dark ages

Some areas of the country are starting to look like the Dark Ages of living.

In other news gas has gone up in price 32 days in a row. Obviously the elite rich are very concerned about this so for the sake of showing us poor folk mercy they only are expecting it to continue to rise to an average greater then 4$ a gallon by Summer.

• Like 1

A good example is to look at what happens now to big cities when they lose electricity for a week or so due to various reasons.

It doesn't take long for muggings, lootings, riots, and people basically going into full panic / breakdown mode.

• Like 3

Keynesian economics has been proven a failure but will be championed during global economic collapse hearings. Wait for it.

I don't know that it has been proven a failure. Economics is not like physics -- you cannot take one variable and isolate it for your experiments. With economics there are always no end of complicating factors muddying the water.

I don't know that it has been proven a failure. Economics is not like physics -- you cannot take one variable and isolate it for your experiments. With economics there are always no end of complicating factors muddying the water.

Im not allowed to spend money I dont have. Nor should my Govmnt.

• Like 1

All governments spend money they don't have. It's called sovereignty. If you don't have it, print it.

Doing this may have bad consequences, depending on the circumstances, but sometimes the bad consequences of not doing it are even worse.

I think the mentality you show is what caused the great depression of the 1930s, of course among other things.

• Like 1

A good example is to look at what happens now to big cities when they lose electricity for a week or so due to various reasons.

It doesn't take long for muggings, lootings, riots, and people basically going into full panic / breakdown mode.

Any place without power for that long is gonna have troubles. What do you expect? Do you think it would be different anywhere else in the world?

Do NOT use banks! Find bartering if you can.

Store yoiur money in bills that you know you will need. I always used the utility companies and cable. I do not like to put money in banks.

Live without debt. If the house you have is not worth what you owe on it, bankrupt, which no longer has a negative connotations.

If you are going to buy anything big, go for farmland.

• Like 2

Any place without power for that long is gonna have troubles. What do you expect? Do you think it would be different anywhere else in the world?

Yes. In rural America folks tend to pull together. Now thats no garrenty, but the last place Id want to be in a emergency is a city.

• Like 1

You dont? Take a look around man.

My point is that in most larger cities, it wouldn't take much and it wouldn't take long.

My point is that in most larger cities, it wouldn't take much and it wouldn't take long.

In a doomsday scenario where basic public services are inoperable, there is no escape. I would not want to go back to living a hunter-gatherer life; besides, I'm too old. Back in those days people half my age were already dead.

That is all just so much foolishness. Anything can be imagined but odds are society will muddle along, less than optimally but not disastrously.

• Like 1

Keynesian economics has been proven a failure but will be championed during global economic collapse hearings. Wait for it.

Keynesian economics works when applied correctly however the only leader to do so (that I know of) was Hitler.

The US is in decline because of its ideology. If its leadership were different then they wouldnt be letting the centre of civilization move east. The shift is nearly complete too as once the Dollar gets dumped its over for the US's reign as the worlds economic powerhouse.

The only option on the table is to cut Chinas supply of oil from Iran.

I don't get all this stuff about "Keynesian" economics. All he did was point out that when times are bad and unemployment is high and prices are stable or dropping, the thing for the government to do is borrow or print money and then spend it or lower taxes -- while when times are great and employment is full and prices are rising, the party has to be controlled and the government should run a budget surplus.

This is not much different from a meteorologist telling us that hot air rises and cools and as it cools the moisture in it condenses and you get rain.

There are lots of troubles, but the main one is that these systems are not so simple. The reality with weather is that there are mountains and oceans, moving masses of air, all sorts of things that make a detailed understanding beyond our capabilities. The economy is even more complicated, plus you have political interferences and election cycles and human emotions and all sorts of time delays. In short, Keynesianism, which is kinda common sense economics, works fine in a model, but the real world is hard to model.

I don't get all this stuff about "Keynesian" economics. All he did was point out that when times are bad and unemployment is high and prices are stable or dropping, the thing for the government to do is borrow or print money and then spend it or lower taxes -- while when times are great and employment is full and prices are rising, the party has to be controlled and the government should run a budget surplus.

This is not much different from a meteorologist telling us that hot air rises and cools and as it cools the moisture in it condenses and you get rain.

There are lots of troubles, but the main one is that these systems are not so simple. The reality with weather is that there are mountains and oceans, moving masses of air, all sorts of things that make a detailed understanding beyond our capabilities. The economy is even more complicated, plus you have political interferences and election cycles and human emotions and all sorts of time delays. In short, Keynesianism, which is kinda common sense economics, works fine in a model, but the real world is hard to model.

Apply for as many credit cards as you can in your old age. Max them all out. Leave the principal alone and keep borrowing exponentially more amounts of money. Only pay the interest expense on the principal as it consumes more and more of your disposable income until the day you die. Pass your debt off to your kids. There's the model, Maynard. It's not that difficult to understand.

Apply for as many credit cards as you can in your old age. Max them all out. Leave the principal alone and keep borrowing exponentially more amounts of money. Only pay the interest expense on the principal as it consumes more and more of your disposable income until the day you die. Pass your debt off to your kids. There's the model, Maynard. It's not that difficult to understand.

That is not Keynesian economics which you are describing - that is criminality.

Keynesian economics has shown itself to be the best method of smoothing the peaks and troughs of an economic cycle - when the basic principles are not abused. Correctly applied, the deficits which accumulate in bad times are cleared in good times.

Again you are confusing what has happened under the neo-liberal free market gangsters with a proven economic regulation which Keynes proposed. The current batch of central bank criminals allowed an overinflation of the money supply in the good times which is the complete opposite of sound Keynesian principles.

The system is now broken beyond reasonable repair due to the damage done to the equilibrium since the era of Reaganomics, and the fact that many of the fundamentals underpinning the system (cheap energy) have radically changed forever.

Get the basic causes right and you can start to see the solutions.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

The problem is there's no real continuity between the bad times and the good.

If during the bad times they applies Keynesian economics, you need to apply it in good times as well. Instead you get "spend your way out of trouble" and then "spend because it's a boom time!".

• Like 1

That is not Keynesian economics which you are describing - that is criminality.

Keynesian economics has shown itself to be the best method of smoothing the peaks and troughs of an economic cycle - when the basic principles are not abused. Correctly applied, the deficits which accumulate in bad times are cleared in good times.

Again you are confusing what has happened under the neo-liberal free market gangsters with a proven economic regulation which Keynes proposed. The current batch of central bank criminals allowed an overinflation of the money supply in the good times which is the complete opposite of sound Keynesian principles.

The system is now broken beyond reasonable repair due to the damage done to the equilibrium since the era of Reaganomics, and the fact that many of the fundamentals underpinning the system (cheap energy) have radically changed forever.

Get the basic causes right and you can start to see the solutions.

Br Cornelius

Government will never spend money they don't have on crap they don't need and admit it. They'll always give the same robotic rhetoric about how important their spending programs are to blah blah blah. It is Keynesianism when something is bad enough to be worth spending taxpayer money on. The problem is that it's perpetual, and not limited to any one party or political ideology. Jimmy Carter took us off a reasonably flat line of government spending, and every President since then has done worse than his predecessor. There is no way to dump the shame on one political party or one wing of the government. It's an economic philosophy that believes in government spending, and government has proven more than wiling to oblige.