Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

SSS Bob Barker Battles Japanese Fleet

Yamato

I do not condone what the Japanese whalers are doing, and agree they need to stop killing whales. But these sea shepard people are nothing more than attention seeking, self aggrandizing, wannabe heroes that in reality are nothing more than common terrorists.

Gidday Mate

I agree completely, the problem is the Sea Shepherd has been on the water for over 35 years now and:

scientific_whaling_graph.png

If anything, things are worse off. I reckon it is time to realise this is not working, and making matters worse. We will end up with two massive fleets in a pising contest and no whales.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101

Hey Psyche,

They are a miserable failure. I watched that show a couple of times and was unpressed with their common thuggery, and appalled at that idiot captain's poor and unnecessarily dangerous decision making skills. I don't think he will be happy until he gets himself and his young mislead and idealistic crew killed. They have not contributed anything to the whales or the world.

Brings to mind Albert Einstein's definition of insanity; "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

• Like 1

Gidday Mate

I agree completely, the problem is the Sea Shepherd has been on the water for over 35 years now and:

scientific_whaling_graph.png

If anything, things are worse off. I reckon it is time to realise this is not working, and making matters worse. We will end up with two massive fleets in a pising contest and no whales.

Cheers.

If you call it Scientific Whaling and that's what you think it is, of course the chart is going to show that. The only whaling that was left legal on the upswing at the beginning of that chart was "scientific whaling". You're just carrying the water and the rhetoric for the whaling industry, as usual. Whatever you read from the bureaucracy is fact and truth to you, whatever those who oppose it say are "lies". You're too biased to take seriously, and you're not capable of tolerating a non-violent organization you join the whaling officials in calling "terrorists" because you either don't know or can't handle the dictionary definition of the word.

I posted the statistics of Japanese whale kills by year and you conveniently ignored it after trying to preach more dishonest claims to me.

Hey Psyche,

They are a miserable failure. I watched that show a couple of times and was unpressed with their common thuggery, and appalled at that idiot captain's poor and unnecessarily dangerous decision making skills. I don't think he will be happy until he gets himself and his young mislead and idealistic crew killed. They have not contributed anything to the whales or the world.

Brings to mind Albert Einstein's definition of insanity; "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

They're a resounding success. They expect the same results which is why they keep going back. Biting into Japan's kill quota is important to other people and your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing. Stop being a shill for the establishment. Hirohito's Bushido needs to get his shoes shined still to this day.

• Like 1

Personal attacks? It's Watson's claim at hand, are you Watson are you? You said, and I quote:

Leaving an inferior organization like Greenpeace and founding a superior organization like Sea Shepherd is an honor not a shame

to which I replied:

Watson did not leave Greenpeace, not at all, he was unanimously voted out.

Again, you're just being deliberately obtuse.

He did not make a stand, he was voted out, the only vote "for" was by Watson. Hardly making a stand there. He did sit in a chair and rabble rouse, that is why he was ousted, and nobody wanted the violent show pony, so what could he do but make his own business? It's shock value, and shock value sells, not ethics involved but plenty of cash I am sure.

Highest rating? Yet the International Whaling Commission, the actual people who are the authorities want them to rack off. You do not seem to think there is anything wrong with them hiding the allocation of that funding which as we can see is not something Greenpeace does.

I do not comment on Youtube, for like the third time, read my Signature, I avoid Youtube unless necessary. I do not care for Youtube one bit. If you got your head out of the telly for a few moments, and into the real world, you might realise a few things about the Sea Shepherd as well. Here you are calling me a couch potato, and that is you who describe yourself, trolling Youtube, otherwise, how else would you know about those comments?

No you said he left Greenpeace, I said that is not the case, and he was not even a founder as he claims.

Yes some people clearly stand out. Pray tell, where be Watsons name?

Bob Hunter was one who voted Watson out!!!

He was expelled from the leadership of Greenpeace in 1977 by a vote of 11 to one (only Watson himself voted against it).

Bob Hunter (one of Greenpeace's early leaders, after whom a Sea Shepherd vessel was named) described the event in his book, the Greenpeace Chronicles:

'No one doubted his [Watson's] courage for a moment. He was a great warrior brother. Yet in terms of the Greenpeace gestalt, he seemed possessed by too powerful a drive, too unrelenting a desire to push himself front and centre, shouldering everyone else aside… He had consistently gone around to other offices, acting out the role of mutineer. Everywhere he went, he created divisiveness… We all felt we'd got trapped in a web no one wanted to see develop, yet now that it had, there was nothing to do but bring down the axe, even if it meant bringing it down on the neck of our brother."

I already gave you this!! Watson showed his true color's, and Greenpeace, including Bob Hunter voted that he leave! His lifelong friend wielded the axe on his Greenpeace career, even his best friend could not put up with him any longer!

Far out, you bring a new definition to clueless!!!

I am not pretending anything, the current Australian Government is the Labor Government, and yes, by large, they are idiots. They bought the first election by giving every Aussie a thousand dollars to just spend. A few months later we had terrible bushfires down south where that money wold have done a lot of good. Much of it went overseas to Ex Pats. Gee that helped.

This map is from the Australian Government Website.

LINK

Follow the link, it goes the the Australian Government Department of Foreign Affairs and Trading. That is the Government, not the current party in power. If Labor or Liberal win, this department remains. It exceeds your qualification. It has a PDF outlining the territories I already gave you, this is what I mean about idiot politicians, do their claims reflect the information they have and provide to the public? Now how about showing me where our waters have been breached?

If you feel these territories are so rock solid, being not recognised by 190 out of 194 counties, perhaps you might want to invest in some land on the moon. Those claims are not recognised either. This is how boundaries are negotiated in the real world - LINK

All governments are idiots, which is why we support private enterprise. Groups of unpaid individuals willing to risk their lives on their contracts to save our oceans. The territories are what they are. The rest is academic. We can post maps at each other all day and it doesn't prove anything.

Paul Watson's "Greenpeace career" lol. Who cares? That is academic at this point. You can blather about Greenpeace all you like. He formed a new and much better organization. I respect him for getting fired even more if that's what happened. Nothing better than personal sacrifice to stick to your guns and make your vision happen. If you're trying to paint Watson up as a bad guy, and you're desperate to do so, stop using Bob Hunter to validate it when Bob Hunter was his lifelong friend and served him well in Sea Shepherd. Trying to lead an inferior organization like Greenpeace and getting fired for doing so and forming a better organization immediately after, is a testament to Paul Watson's leadership skills and passion. It's a testament to his resourcefulness. If you can't reform an organization from within, compete with it from without. It's a solid strategy for any industry or politic. Paul Watson is going down in history no matter how bloated and flatulent you feel about it.

At the end of our lives a few of us will be remembered for what we have done. Paul Watson is one of those people. What will you do? What have you done?

The Australian EEZ extends 200 nautical miles out from its borders.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exclusive_economic_zone#cite_note-15

Australia has additional rights over these waters:

http://minister.ret.gov.au/MediaCentre/MediaReleases/Pages/UNConfirmsAustralia%27sRightsOverExtra25MillionSquareKilometresofSeabed.aspx

Australia has further rights over these waters:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_Antarctic_Territory

"The Labor Party are idiots" is not a valid response to any of these facts, psyche101. You keep desperately pouring out insults and fighting foolishly against your own country, thinking that I care about arguing insignificant factoids with you about whatever barely-relevant tirade against Sea Shepherd you can cut and paste.

If SS is a non aggressive organisation, then why are they buying ex coast guard vessels and armoring them?

If SS is a non aggressive organisation, then why are they buying ex coast guard vessels and armoring them?

Sea Shepherd is an aggressive organization.

They're a resounding success. They expect the same results which is why they keep going back.

35 years of the same unimaginative, and poorly thought out tactics that haven't stopped anything, is a resounding success? Go ahead and keep deluding yourself.

Biting into Japan's kill quota is important to other people and your opinion doesn't mean a damn thing.

And yours somehow does?

This is exactly the kind of self righteous, and dismissive comment that drives away and alienates the greater public support for your cult, and others like it.

Stop being a shill for the establishment.

I am not a shill for anyone. I do not support whaling, nor do I believe the Japanese are killing whales for scientific study. I would love to see whaling stopped but wouldn't give a dime to support you bag of nuts.

It is you whom is clearly the shill for the cult, you have bee brainwashed, and can no longer think for yourself. You drank the Kool-Aid, not me.

Hirohito's Bushido needs to get his shoes shined still to this day.

I have no idea who this person is and could careless if his shoes are shinny.

Let me give you a little advice; ditch your insane adrenalin junky captain whom thinks the root of the problem is the whalers, and work on changing the Japanese culture of eating whales. As long as there is a demand for whale flesh in Japan, there will be someone who is willing put up with your ineffective and pesky attacks to supply that demand.

Edited by evancj

Sea Shepherd is an aggressive organization.

Yes it is...and misguided aggression is such a waste. :no:

I do not condone what the Japanese whalers are doing, and agree they need to stop killing whales. But these sea shepard people are nothing more than attention seeking, self aggrandizing, wannabe heroes that in reality are nothing more than common terrorists.

There are good laws, bad laws, and laws that don't exist but should. Just because someone breaks a certain law doesn't mean it's morally indefensible. For example, those people who illegally smuggled slaves to the northern states are now hailed as heroes. People at the forefront of any moral crusade oftentimes break the law.

Several American states have passed legislation that makes terrorists out of anyone who surreptitiously videotapes the activities inside slaughterhouses. Other states go even father; here's Montana's proposed Animal Ecological Terrorism Act ;

"

(5) Specifies that any person, animal, or ecological terrorist

organization will be guilty of the crime of participating in or

supporting animal or ecological terrorism if he or she raises,

solicits, collects, or provides any person with material,

financial support, or other resources that will be used to

encourage, plan, prepare, carry out, publicize, promote, or aid

an act of animal or ecological terrorism or the concealment of or

an escape from an act of animal or ecological terrorism;"

If I lived in Montana I would be classified as a terrorist simply because I have publicized (on forums) acts of "eco-terrorism".

In this case, and many others, the law is an ass.

• Like 1

35 years of the same unimaginative, and poorly thought out tactics that haven't stopped anything, is a resounding success? Go ahead and keep deluding yourself.

And yours somehow does?

This is exactly the kind of self righteous, and dismissive comment that drives away and alienates the greater public support for your cult, and others like it.

I am not a shill for anyone. I do not support whaling, nor do I believe the Japanese are killing whales for scientific study. I would love to see whaling stopped but wouldn't give a dime to support you bag of nuts.

It is you whom is clearly the shill for the cult, you have bee brainwashed, and can no longer think for yourself. You drank the Kool-Aid, not me.

I have no idea who this person is and could careless if his shoes are shinny.

Let me give you a little advice; ditch your insane adrenalin junky captain whom thinks the root of the problem is the whalers, and work on changing the Japanese culture of eating whales. As long as there is a demand for whale flesh in Japan, there will be someone who is willing put up with your ineffective and pesky attacks to supply that demand.

Their history looks impressive enough to me. We can agree to disagree; berating them further isn't convincing.

My opinion translates to donations so I slap some paint on the hull at least.

Working on the culture of eating whales is another idea. Maybe there's some merit there and it should be pursued. Telling other people to do your ideas infers you won't do it yourself. Granted, just complaining about what others are doing and not doing it yourself is a lot easier.

There are good laws, bad laws, and laws that don't exist but should. Just because someone breaks a certain law doesn't mean it's morally indefensible. For example, those people who illegally smuggled slaves to the northern states are now hailed as heroes. People at the forefront of any moral crusade oftentimes break the law.

Several American states have passed legislation that makes terrorists out of anyone who surreptitiously videotapes the activities inside slaughterhouses. Other states go even father; here's Montana's proposed Animal Ecological Terrorism Act ;

"

(5) Specifies that any person, animal, or ecological terrorist

organization will be guilty of the crime of participating in or

supporting animal or ecological terrorism if he or she raises,

solicits, collects, or provides any person with material,

financial support, or other resources that will be used to

encourage, plan, prepare, carry out, publicize, promote, or aid

an act of animal or ecological terrorism or the concealment of or

an escape from an act of animal or ecological terrorism;"

If I lived in Montana I would be classified as a terrorist simply because I have publicized (on forums) acts of "eco-terrorism".

In this case, and many others, the law is an ass.

Videotaping! How violent! These bureaus throwing the "terrorist" label around really need to get a dictionary.

This baseless nonsense that the reason Japanese whale is Sea Shepherd is daft of Japan's history of whaling. Japan was whaling long before Sea Shepherd arrived and they'll whale long after Sea Shepherd is gone. The fact of the matter and the reason we support Sea Shepherd is they take a bite out of Japan's commercial poachery in the meantime.

Some gubmint goon with a rifle putting a bullet through some black guy's head in Africa and no they're not "terrorists". They're from the gobmint and they're here to help. of course! But Sea Shepherd falls victim to all the PC political BS that "OMG, some independent freelancer who isn't from the gobmint is clearly wrong at doing what the gobmint should be doing already anyway." Bugger that kool aid.

One thing statists need to figure out already is that the world gets the best results from free individuals and groups of free individuals. Not government. Sea Shepherd is another in a long line of examples. Civil reform never happens because government decrees it. It happens because good people choose to stand up and fight, and suffer physically for that change. People hate Sea Shepherd because they're political, and think that politics matters. Politics are useless. Fake left-right paradigms and group-think mentality doesn't serve anyone anything. It's just another cheap excuse to get peoples' dander up and rabble rouse about nothing. Kissing butt and appeasing Japanese whale poachers isn't going to stop Japanese whale poaching. That's weak and pathetic and useless to change. Change requires confrontation and passion, not asking people to please stop doing something you don't like them doing. They don't care about your opinion. Complaining about the actions of others and offering no alternatives is tantamount to disability. I understand people are emotional about this issue but trying to impose appeasement as a serious alternative is ridiculous.

• Like 1

One thing statists need to figure out already is that the world gets the best results from free individuals and groups of free individuals. Not government. Sea Shepherd is another in a long line of examples. Civil reform never happens because government decrees it. It happens because good people choose to stand up and fight, and suffer physically for that change.

Yes, many times in the newspaper I've read stories about individual private citizens taking it upon themselves to bring issues into the legal courts or the court of public opinion, and thought to myself that this is something the government should be doing. There's probably an orthodox denotation of ship of state, but I always equate it with the slow speed with which a ship can turn around. That's just the nature of bureaucracy.

• Like 1