Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Derren Brown: I will make a straight man gay

Still Waters

Derren Brown totally denies this. Some of his tweets on the subject:

Derren Brown ‏@DerrenBrown

Article in @TheSunNewspaper saying my next show is about changing sexuality: total rubbish. Thanks 4 that, being printed everywhere as fact.

Exclusive: the next show is changing the Sun into a publication that reports facts.

Telegraph running the made-up Sun story about next show too. Odd, seeing as in original GT article I said changing sexuality WOULDN'T work.

• Like 2

it sounds interesting and I want to watch it.

I am not sure how you can make a straight guy Gay?

Problem is how are we supposed to know whether he's not Bi to start off with?

And the Gay guy becoming Straight. Same thing how do we not know he isn't Bi.

I am not sure it's possible to make a chap like Graham Norton Straight.

I think it's kind of cruel as well on both of them.

if it's from the sun then it's obvious codswallop and think it's wrong that there lying about derren brown.

Of course he would never do that. If he did, he would be proving that people are not born homosexual and that would destroy his reputation in the gay community. Strangely enough, he seems to challenge the "impossible" all the time, yet he says that "changing sexuality wouldn't work"? Why? Because he's gay himself and if successful, it would make him look foolish.

As for how "western civilization" deals with homosexuality, it's not the issue of having fantasies or "moments", it's acting on those "purely sexual" urges. Straight men seemingly "turn" gay during long stints in prison. So, were they "born that way"?

By the way, being gay is the big thing in America these days. Whatever is floated as pop culture and supported by the media is what Americans accept.

What you have said is what we have been through already.

We have religions here from all over the world which does not accept gay people,

The Abrahamic religions, i.e. those that are based on the old Testament, perhaps, but that shows in itself how "anti-gay" prejudice is predominantly an artificial thing, resulting from over-literal interpretation of ancient laws that have very little relevance to any modern society.

He's just hoping to live the fantasy that every gay man has, to seduce a straight man. What a ass. There are easier way to laid.

Why doesn't he make a gay man straight?

Oh, I forgot. That wouldn't be politically correct, would it?

• Like 3

Before anyone else comments on this, read post #26.

• Like 1

And why does he spell his name Derren?

Because that's how it's spelt.

I have seen hypnotists, and have been impressed

In 2011 I saw a hypnotist performing at my local pub in Bolton. He asked for volunteers from the ordinary punters. My mate and next door neighbour Stuart was one of those who volunteered. The hypnotist hypnotised him and made him perform daft stunts in front of everyone. Another guy was hypnotised and told to get on his hands and knees and clean the floor. As he did so the hypnotist went for a break for ten minutes so this guy was wondering about the pub on his hands and knees for all that time looking a right idiot pretending to clean the floor and he got angry whenever anyone walked over the spot he was cleaning. It was hilarious. Everyone just stood around drinking their beers laughing their tits off.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 2

That's a good point.

Will the newly-gay man be into pink, or brown?

_

pink or brown?

it would appear you have more holes than the average man!

if you have breasticles too, my phone number is....

:-D

HA! he has copped out! Must have been reading this thread. :yes:

• Like 1

In 2011 I saw a hypnotist performing at my local pub in Bolton. He asked for volunteers from the ordinary punters. My mate and next door neighbour Stuart was one of those who volunteered. The hypnotist hypnotised him and made him perform daft stunts in front of everyone. Another guy was hypnotised and told to get on his hands and knees and clean the floor. As he did so the hypnotist went for a break for ten minutes so this guy was wondering about the pub on his hands and knees for all that time looking a right idiot pretending to clean the floor and he got angry whenever anyone walked over the spot he was cleaning. It was hilarious. Everyone just stood around drinking their beers laughing their tits off.

Saw one which made a friend of mine eat an onion. Arhhgggg!

• Like 1

Saw one which made a friend of mine eat an onion. Arhhgggg!

_

I eat onions all the time, and without any intervention from a hypnotist.

now, if one could convince me of a valid reason for justin bieber's continuing existence, THEN i'd be impressed.....

:-P

• Like 1

_

Are you sure about that???

:whistle:

• Like 1

Are you sure about that???

:whistle:

_

I dunno?!

maybe i've been hypnotised into believing that onions taste like.., onions...., and that I enjoy the taste of onions!

either way, cheese sandwiches, and countless other dishes just wouldn't taste the same without 'em.

justin beiber on the other hand.....

• Like 1

_

now, if one could convince me of a valid reason for justin bieber's continuing existence, THEN i'd be impressed.....

:-P

justin bieber, sorry, i can`t help you there. :whistle:

• Like 2

How did the word 'gay' evolve into meaning 'homosexual'? In my younger days, 'gay' meant happy and 'homosexual' meant 'queer'. There was a bar in Memphis called The Gay 90s, a very straight bar. The queers used to come in all the time thinking it was a gay bar and the old gal who owned the bar would run them out.

• Like 2

Because that's how it's spelt.

No it's not.

How did the word 'gay' evolve into meaning 'homosexual'? In my younger days, 'gay' meant happy and 'homosexual' meant 'queer'. There was a bar in Memphis called The Gay 90s, a very straight bar. The queers used to come in all the time thinking it was a gay bar and the old gal who owned the bar would run them out.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gay

I've never seen someone hypnotized live, but it just seems so strange. I've heard that few people can't be hypnotized. I just can't see it working on me because I wouldn't be able to focus. I'm so scatter brained, anxious and my mind really never seems to relax.

Why doesn't he make a gay man straight?

Oh, I forgot. That wouldn't be politically correct, would it?

Well in the article he says

"I was thinking about this the other day — it would be interesting wouldn't it? To take a gay guy and make him straight and a straight guy and make him gay."

So I wonder if he'll try making a gay person straight as well.

Derren brown is a fake on account that a person saying a combination of words into your ear cannot take control of you body after a brief meeting.its like the brain has some form of built in cheat code. What a load if rubbish! Nobody can take control or your actions by saying some magic words. Hypnotised are stage shows nothing more. I agree that brain washing can occur by conditioning and repetition but there is no way that another human being can do what brown claims to do. If it were true, as soon as it was discovered everybody would be doing it to get their own way. It's just weak minded fools pretending to be hypnotised,

Edited by captain pish

Derren brown is a fake on account that a person saying a combination of words into your ear cannot take control of you body after a brief meeting.its like the brain has some form of built in cheat code. What a load if rubbish! Nobody can take control or your actions by saying some magic words. Hypnotised are stage shows nothing more. I agree that brain washing can occur by conditioning and repetition but there is no way that another human being can do what brown claims to do. If it were true, as soon as it was discovered everybody would be doing it to get their own way. It's just weak minded fools pretending to be hypnotised,

You should really do some research on the subject.

Remember, this guy is an ILLUSIONIST. Nothing he does is real. What's he going to do, have the straight guy turned gay have sex with another guy on the stage? Even that wouldn't prove anything. If people would stop giving this guy press time, he'd just go away.

Edited by paperdyer

The good news is....

While Derren Brown is busy changing everybody's sexual preference, it leaves him less time for being a 'Chris French'-style rent-a-skeptic, and for cluttering youtube with his anti-paranormal propaganda.

Edit: Appalling grammar corrected!

Edited by acute alan