Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Coming Middle East War

and-then

Sharia law is impossible here; the idea of religious rule in the US is the most laughable impossibility I've ever heard. You're scared of hobgoblins under your bed thanks to Fox News Channel garbage.

No Im sick of getting pushed and rolling over for every special interest that thinks they got a leg to stand on. There only interested in themselves and Im not pointing any fingers on that one. Thats very general and broad. Its called conquer and divide. You rely on something that has not happened yet. When would you stop it ? After its to late. Like the mess we are already in. Dont expect this Government is going to save us from foreign entities eroding this country from the inside. Theyll sell there souls to any group for a vote.

Thats not Kool-Aid Im drinking btw.

No Im sick of getting pushed and rolling over for every special interest that thinks they got a leg to stand on. There only interested in themselves and Im not pointing any fingers on that one. Thats very general and broad. Its called conquer and divide. You rely on something that has not happened yet. When would you stop it ? After its to late. Like the mess we are already in. Dont expect this Government is going to save us from foreign entities eroding this country from the inside. Theyll sell there souls to any group for a vote.

Thats not Kool-Aid Im drinking btw.

If you think the threat is foreign, you're not paying attention to what's going on. Our freedom is the sacrificial lamb to sustain the foreign policy that's killing our economic power and our chances of having another 100 years of greatness in this country. Those cherry pickings you drudged up out of the media aren't amending the Constitution. Read the Constitution, read what the Founders had in mind when they gave us this gift, and then join me in defending it. Stop defiling the Constitution by finding more foreign dragons to slay. Commerce with all; alliance with none. Congress shall write no law. That you're even suggesting we're in this war against a religion is anti-Constitutional on its face.

That you're even suggesting we're in this war against a religion is anti-Constitutional on its face.

Are sure Im the one suggesting that or is it a reality that was created Post 9/11 by whoever you want to blame. I really would blame alot of folks personally. It remains a fact that 5% of muslims are radicals. A good portion are followers of Sharia Law. Do you believe they think they are not at war with America ? Btw 5% of 1.7billion people is a tad more then a fringe group.

Its time to cut our ties. Or its about the oil.

Are sure Im the one suggesting that or is it a reality that was created Post 9/11 by whoever you want to blame. I really would blame alot of folks personally. It remains a fact that 5% of muslims are radicals. A good portion are followers of Sharia Law. Do you believe they think they are not at war with America ? Btw 5% of 1.7billion people is a tad more then a fringe group.

Its time to cut our ties. Or its about the oil.

A "fact" you know from what??? Cut your own ties brother; stop relying on Washington DC to throw its warm blanket on every problem. It's time to get the government out of the way. And because of the oil, that's not likely to happen especially when we have citizens in our country drinking the fruit punch that serves to keep the oligarchy in business.

There is never peace in the Middle East, so the entire premise is stupid.

Shias hate Sunnis, Sunnis hate Shias, and they both hate non-muslims in general, and Jews in particular.

And both think that by murder and mayhem they are pleasing their god, who won´t be satisfied before Shariah rules the world.

What kind of fool thinks that on that foundation peace is even conceivable?

Remember, the non-islamic world is called "Dar-al Harb" in islamic terms, which means "Land of War".

• Like 4

I can't accept that source if I can't accept the terms it uses. Where do you get 5% at from that even if I could?

I tried to find a neutral publication. The article is actually chalk full of good info. But in the name of loving Foxx news Ill resort to whats easily accessible. MSNBC and CNN seem to have just forgotten this part of history already.

Pick your Kool Aid. Thats whats available.

http://www.amnation.com/vfr/archives/010556.html

http://www.pursuingholiness.com/category/religion-of-peace%E2%84%A2/the-tiny-percentage-of-radical-islamists/

• Like 1

I tried to find a neutral publication. The article is actually chalk full of good info. But in the name of loving Foxx news Ill resort to whats easily accessible. MSNBC and CNN seem to have just forgotten this part of history already.

Pick your Kool Aid. Thats whats available.

http://www.amnation....ves/010556.html

http://www.pursuingh...ical-islamists/

1099409-koolaidman.jpg

• Like 1

You deserve a wall of text for that :gun:

Poll of attendees of a convention of the Islamic Society of North America:

1. Are you a U.S. Citizen? (If no, then don’t fill out survey.) Yes: 307

No: 0

2. Do you consider yourself to be a Muslim first, an American first, or both equally? Muslim first: 214

American first: 4

Both equally: 86

Undecided: 3

3. Is the American government at war with the religion of Islam? Yes: 208

No: 79

Undecided: 20

4. Can a good Muslim be a good American? Yes: 292

No: 11

Undecided: 4

5. Did Muslims hijack planes and fly them into buildings on 9/11? Yes: 117

No: 139

Undecided: 51

6. Did the U.S. government have advance knowledge of the 9/11 attacks, and allow the attacks to occur? Yes: 200

No: 70

Undecided: 37

7. Did the U.S. government organize the 9/11 attacks? Yes: 106

No: 151

Undecided: 50

8. Are the tapes of Osama Bin Laden, claiming responsibility for the 9/11 attacks and threatening future attacks, real or fake? Real: 126

Fake: 129

Undecided: 52

9. Did Muslims commit the July 2005 train and bus bombings in London? Yes: 140

No: 104

Undecided: 63

10. The Canadian government says it stopped a plot by Canadian Muslims in June 2006 to attack targets in Canada. Do you believe there was a real plot by Muslims? Yes: 61

No: 202

Undecided: 44

11. The British government says it stopped a plot by British Muslims in August 2006 to bomb planes flying to America. Do you believe there was a real plot by Muslims? Yes: 66

No: 191

Undecided: 50

12. Is Al Qaeda a real organization, operated by Muslims who are trying to attack America? Yes: 149

No: 109

Undecided: 49

13. Is Al Qaeda attacking America because Al Qaeda hates American freedoms? Yes: 17

No: 269

Undecided: 21

14. Is Al Qaeda attacking America because Al Qaeda hates American involvement in the Muslim world? Yes: 228

No: 54

Undecided: 25

15. Is it justifiable for the U.S. government to do any of the following in an attempt to prevent terrorist attacks in America:

a. taking religion and ethnicity into account as one factor when deciding whom to interview and search at airports? Yes: 37

No: 258

Undecided: 12

b. monitoring activities at American mosques? Yes: 43

No: 255

Undecided: 9

. . .

25. Was America justified in invading Afghanistan after 9/11? Yes: 51

No: 248

Undecided: 8

26. Is violence by Muslims against American civilians acceptable, in retaliation for the American government’s actions in the Muslim world? Yes: 23

No: 274

Undecided: 10

27. Is violence by Muslims against the American military overseas acceptable, in retaliation for the American government’s actions in the Muslim world? Yes: 134

No: 154

Undecided: 19

28. Is violence by Muslims against the American military in the U.S. acceptable, in retaliation for the American government’s actions in the Muslim world? Yes: 73

No: 211

Undecided: 23

29. Is violence by Muslims against American government officials acceptable, in retaliation for the American government’s actions in the Muslim world?

Yes: 51

No: 231

Undecided: 25[132]

A War in the middle east? there has always been war in the middle east and religion plays a big role,especially the jews who live on stolen land.

Another totally moronic comment. If "the Jews" live on "stolen land", so does everybody else in the Middle East and elsewhere.

(By the same token, do you claim that the Turks live on "stolen land", and the Byzantine empire should be restored?)

Israel does not make territorial claims on any of its neighbours and does not question their right to exist. It is actually the only country in the world explicitly established by the UN.

Compare that to its muslim arab neighbours who attacked Israel on the day of its founding and continue to question its right to exist.

All of this you would know if you did a minimum of research on the subject. I am really wondering where all these low-information commentators on this site come from.

• Like 3

Another totally moronic comment. If "the Jews" live on "stolen land", so does everybody else in the Middle East and elsewhere.

(By the same token, do you claim that the Turks live on "stolen land", and the Byzantine empire should be restored?)

Israel does not make territorial claims on any of its neighbours and does not question their right to exist. It is actually the only country in the world explicitly established by the UN.

Compare that to its muslim arab neighbours who attacked Israel on the day of its founding and continue to question its right to exist.

All of this you would know if you did a minimum of research on the subject. I am really wondering where all these low-information commentators on this site come from.

:D Says the guy who thinks the term 'Palestinian' was coined in the 60s by Arafat. Priceless.

Israel was borne of terrorism. They drove the British out with terrorist attacks by terrorists who would later rise to the top positions of the Israeli government. The history and the facts about Israel, once you do your share of research, makes them look horrible compared to any contemporary.

If they were even living on the land explicitly established by the UN they wouldn't be in Palestine. So citing that doesn't make much sense from a practical standpoint. What other country in the world is colonizing a neighbor with "settlements"? I can't name one. What other country in the world is an occupier that builds walls of separation while insisting on keeping settlers on the other side of the wall at the same time? That is the global epitome of bipolar contradictory nonsense displayed in a single policy. The tyranny of occupation and siege with the paranoia of separation and apartheid. We've always had either one or the other. Israel actually gets away with both simultaneously.

The charter of Likud denies the right of Palestine to exist. That Hamas duplicated this position in their own charter is poured the western world over while Israel having the same Charter is blatantly ignored.

• Like 2

HAHA. Israel, the only country in the world established by the UN!! They definitely MUST be God's chosen ones.

That's the sad and sometimes infuriating part Zaphod - they AREN'T low-informed. They are scholarly in their understanding of all the minute details. They just express an absolute confidence in supporting that which can only be bigotry. They will not be swayed or ever even admit they might be in error in any way. The entire problem is due to the existence of Israel, which is, in their opinion, illegitimate. There is no argument or fact or opinion or anything that ever will change the opinion of such as these. But other opinions exist in the world and I am happy to keep reminding them :) Though in a gentler way these days :w00t:
  • Like 1

That's the sad and sometimes infuriating part Zaphod - they AREN'T low-informed. They are scholarly in their understanding of all the minute details. They just express an absolute confidence in supporting that which can only be bigotry. They will not be swayed or ever even admit they might be in error in any way. The entire problem is due to the existence of Israel, which is, in their opinion, illegitimate. There is no argument or fact or opinion or anything that ever will change the opinion of such as these. But other opinions exist in the world and I am happy to keep reminding them :) Though in a gentler way these days :w00t:

Well don't speak for me because you'd be speaking incorrectly. Israel's policies are illegitimate. I don't know if an unprecedented land grab via the UN is legitimate or not. Presuming that it is, then Palestine is also legitimate. Neither state, Israel or Palestine, is legitimate to the other. We need to acknowledge that too, and not only drub one side of it as an excuse to buttress our opinions because it doesn't buttress either opinion when the same attitude exists on both sides. To get to the real differences on this issue, you've got to be able to look at policy. The policies of Israel and how they treat their neighbors and Palestinians are dramatically different than the reverse. Nobody is occupying Israel. Nobody is besieging Israel, cutting off their citizens from land, air and sea. Nobody is stealing Israel's land. Bulldozing Israeli's homes. Imprisoning Israel's youth. Bombing Israel's police stations, government buildings, and hospitals. Dropping banned weapons of mass destruction on Israeli civilians. Blocking Israeli freedom of mobility. Banning toys and school supplies to Israel's children. Cutting Israel up into a spider web of roads, checkpoints, forts, fencing, prime hilltop real estate, water resources, and non-Israeli-only settlements within Israel. If these things were going on in Israel, to the exclusion of Palestine, and I was here saying the things you're saying in light of that, how would you take me then? I'm the fairest voice in the room as far as trying to come up with an equal amicable solution for both sides that addresses everyone's self-determination, civil rights, and security.

Zaphod just made factually incorrect statements and you didn't catch them, how not surprising. Israel does make territorial claims on its neighbors. The Golan Heights are just one example. The Likud Charter is another. Endless Zionist rhetoric is easily researched and posted here and I'm not going to do that because it's too easy.

• Like 2

A-T, you know fine well that it is the Occupation that we have a problem with.

A-T, you know fine well that it is the Occupation that we have a problem with.

Then all should be genuinely pleased soon. I expect that the EU and Obama are going to make Israel an offer they cannot refuse in March. The Palestinians will get much, if not most of what they desire and Israel will get -not to be sanctioned internationally. Normally I'd be angry about such a deal but I am really looking forward to it falling out just that way. Maybe the region will be quiet for a season.

The region will not be quiet.. 90% of the death over there is muslim on muslim

• Like 1

And that's exactly how we like it. If Kuwait grew bananas instead of oil, we'd never have gone over there in the first place. In even the worst imaginable banana scenario, the UN would be tripping over themselves squabbling over big-boy words like "genocide" ala sub-Saharan Africa. Global banana prices would increase slightly. The US media would focus on the latest celebrity gossip and Honey Boo Boo. Keeping Muslims weak and killing each other is our only hope of maintaining our perpetually violent sphere of influence over the region via our proxy Israel, and more recently via doing Israel's dirty work ourselves. As imbalances of power grow more disproportionate, it requires more and more active participation from US violence to maintain our national interests. I'm given hope that there are people from around the world who are smart enough to see the false-flag operations rife within our foreign policy through the decades, and Zionism is another one of those. It's a Holocaust-dependent cover-story that produces some extremist religious tag-alongs and their kooky beliefs, but underneath all that religious monkey-business, it's really about militarizing the region with western power to dominate the resources and keep our special dibs with our "very special friends", quoting George Herbert Bush referring to the Saudi royal despots.

293457625_10b568f7c7.jpg

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 2

One of my favorite derails

http://watch.accessh...n/1775687057001

There was a time in America when people would have reviled trailer park trash flaunting their ignorance - today they get paid to do it more than hard working, serious people. Gotta love America 2013.....

But don't mind me - just another kooky religious type

Edited by and then
  • Like 3

There was a time in America when people would have reviled trailer park trash flaunting their ignorance - today they get paid to do it more than hard working, serious people. Gotta love America 2013.....

But don't mind me - just another kooky religious type

Thanks to decades of junk food TV persona like Maury Povich, Jerry Springer and Ricki Lake, we now gotta love what we've become. Feeding our people the barrel's bottom of humanity for so long, I have nothing but contempt for these figures.

I'm a Christian and I've studied the Bible, Catholic born, raised and confirmed, I've been called a religious nut just for suggesting that I get my moral compass from Jesus Christ, and based on what I know, I don't get where you come up with the Armageddon prophecies at. If they rebuild the temple in Jerusalem that'll be the prerequisite you should be looking for to believe that these wars of extermination are coming. Israelis have no interest in doing that, not that they take the New Testament seriously, it's just that it would be an insult to even suggest your beliefs to them in light of all that political support you're so quick to hand out. Zionists use a history of religious persecution in Europe as an excuse to justify their aggressive nationalistic practices in Israel and criminal activities in Palestine. But even if we separate the religion out of your position, it doesn't make any sense. If you believe war is coming, then that's the greatest reason I can think of to join with me and condemn the status quo. Not just by condemning who one finds politically disagreeable because one is so indoctrinated by propaganda all these years, but also to condemn motivating the people who oppose the oppressive regimes that we support, like Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan to name a few, leading to terrorists attacking us and as a result, going bankrupt on commercial wars that pour the taxpayers' money down the selective gullets the Corporatocracy wants us to.

• Like 1

Thanks to decades of junk food TV persona like Maury Povich, Jerry Springer and Ricki Lake, we now gotta love what we've become. Feeding our people the barrel's bottom of humanity for so long, I have nothing but contempt for these figures.

I'm a Christian and I've studied the Bible, Catholic born, raised and confirmed, I've been called a religious nut just for suggesting that I get my moral compass from Jesus Christ, and based on what I know, I don't get where you come up with the Armageddon prophecies at. If they rebuild the temple in Jerusalem that'll be the prerequisite you should be looking for to believe that these wars of extermination are coming. Israelis have no interest in doing that, not that they take the New Testament seriously, it's just that it would be an insult to even suggest your beliefs to them in light of all that political support you're so quick to hand out. Zionists use a history of religious persecution in Europe as an excuse to justify their aggressive nationalistic practices in Israel and criminal activities in Palestine. But even if we separate the religion out of your position, it doesn't make any sense. If you believe war is coming, then that's the greatest reason I can think of to join with me and condemn the status quo. Not just by condemning who one finds politically disagreeable because one is so indoctrinated by propaganda all these years, but also to condemn motivating the people who oppose the oppressive regimes that we support, like Israel, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan to name a few, leading to terrorists attacking us and as a result, going bankrupt on commercial wars that pour the taxpayers' money down the selective gullets the Corporatocracy wants us to.

You are confusing my faith in the prophecies with apathy. It's not that I wouldn't LIKE to change some of the events going on or at least the timing of them, it's that I honestly believe that they cannot be changed - not even delayed. It all seems quite clear to me but I realize that it seems like so much fantasy to most. Bottom line is that I will take my stand with Israel because it's what I believe to be the correct thing to do.
  • Like 1

You are confusing my faith in the prophecies with apathy. It's not that I wouldn't LIKE to change some of the events going on or at least the timing of them, it's that I honestly believe that they cannot be changed - not even delayed. It all seems quite clear to me but I realize that it seems like so much fantasy to most. Bottom line is that I will take my stand with Israel because it's what I believe to be the correct thing to do.

Then minimize the suffering of people while you're waiting on the divine inevitable. It's a mortal sin to senselessly punish the innocent suffering in the meantime. That is anti-Christ. Christian? Bologna. "Christian", or the way people throw that label around, isn't even recognizable anymore. People shun the morals of religion, and have good reason to do so when religion has been such a consummate failure of holding up its own professed ideals. But then a moral vacuum is created where morals supposedly grow on trees, and we're somehow borne with an animal instinct to know the difference between right and wrong, people get braggadocio about all the moral authorities they didn't need to become such great human beings, or they were just lucky enough to have good parents, or whatever. We have lost our senses, rely on whatever, and our government policies that our people vote for and ask for is one of the most costly reflections of that. We have the power to feed the world. And we'd rather rabble rouse about Iran because they want to nationalize their oil and have a strong currency to trade it in.

Edited by Yamato
  • Like 3