Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

if you could ask jesus 1 question.....

the eternal me

there are a lot of posts on what "his" opinion may be...

what if he told you his opinion... and you disagree with it?

where would that leave you?

S.O.L

No, there are many people who know a lot of people but can not talk to them.

I just think it is sad that with all the people in the world some can not sit down with a close friend or family member to talk to when times are hard.

But if these people chose religion then thats fine, at least they have found something. But just shows how some humans can not trust their fellow man they have to follow "teachings" from a book...its ok, but not what i would call free will as they follow the same person or entity.

Right, so it's not lonely people, it's people who can't truly open up to other human beings and so they must share their innermost thoughts with Jesus because they can't with anyone else??? An equally preposterous proposition, if you ask me.

Right, so it's not lonely people, it's people who can't truly open up to other human beings and so they must share their innermost thoughts with Jesus because they can't with anyone else??? An equally preposterous proposition, if you ask me.

I respect your opinion.

So why do some people open up to jesus?

I respect your opinion.

So why do some people open up to jesus?

Because if you believe Jesus, then he is God, the creator of all that is and was and will be. He created our very lives, and we owe everything from the clothes on our back to our very existence to him. Then, if that were not enough, again if you believe Jesus, he came to earth as a human being, humbling himself - the Lord of all creation living as another human being, washing his disciples feet and ultimately submitting himself to torturous death on the cross. All for our sake.

Thus when I choose to have a relationship with a being who I believe did all these things, I talk to him through prayer and he talks to me through the Bible. That's how relationships develop - two-way communication. Just as my relationship with my brother or friend at church or prospective girlfriend develops through communication, so my relationship with God develops through communication.

Just something to think on :)

• Like 1

simple question...

lets see what folks have to say...

I ask him questions every day, so this question is rather redundant...

Although based on the thought of him physically being here for me to speak with him, I don't know whether I'd have any specific question for him or not. I think I'd rather just take time to get to know him. I'd like to better understand his overall demeanor and personality...

• Like 2

To be quite honest, I wouldn't be too keen on asking Jesus a question. I'd much more like to ask, say, Einstein a question, or Aristotle a question.

It would only be worth asking Jesus a question if he was actually the son of God - and I'm very far from convinced about this. If he was not the son of God, what would be so special about Jesus answering your question? You'd just be provided with an answer from a common man, who was neither particularly intelligent, nor particularly philosophical. In fact, if Jesus were just a common man who lived 2000 years ago, you'd be hard pressed to receive an answer that could benefit you in any way.

If, on the other hand, he really was the son of God, that would change everything. I'd have a lot to ask him. If I had to choose one, I'd ask him to explain clearly what happens when we die.

Edited by Exorcist

In the right :)

Because if you believe Jesus, then he is God, the creator of all that is and was and will be. He created our very lives, and we owe everything from the clothes on our back to our very existence to him. Then, if that were not enough, again if you believe Jesus, he came to earth as a human being, humbling himself - the Lord of all creation living as another human being, washing his disciples feet and ultimately submitting himself to torturous death on the cross. All for our sake.

Thus when I choose to have a relationship with a being who I believe did all these things, I talk to him through prayer and he talks to me through the Bible. That's how relationships develop - two-way communication. Just as my relationship with my brother or friend at church or prospective girlfriend develops through communication, so my relationship with God develops through communication.

Just something to think on :)

Thats ok, but I do not believe in jesus or god. I love communicating, and when i do communicate with people, its nice to know that you can get an answer with out having read the reply you want to hear from the writings in a book. " you are forgiven" and all that.

If you believe there is something out there listening to you, fine, but its not quite the same as knowing for a fact that someone is.

If I am wrong, i would rather someone tell me so, instead of me asking for forgiveness....to me thats a cop out because you are too scared of admitting your sins to the living because of the response you may get.

But, each to his own.

peace.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

i find it sad to think that there are so many who read about jesus and want to follow him, I am lucky to have my father to look up to, I also had friends I could talk to.

When I lost a close friend or family member, friends and family were there to pull together and help each other through the hard times.

I understand if people have no one to talk to or help them through grief so they chose religion. But its a sad state of affairs that so many are without someone alive today who they can be close to.

Nobody knows me like Jesus...

I have friends and family too. But nobody can compare to God and no-one can know you as intimately either. Comunicating with God lights a fire in your heart and puts silk on your soul. Its not sad at all.

Thats ok, but I do not believe in jesus or god. I love communicating, and when i do communicate with people, its nice to know that you can get an answer with out having read the reply you want to hear from the writings in a book. " you are forgiven" and all that.

If you believe there is something out there listening to you, fine, but its not quite the same as knowing for a fact that someone is.

If I am wrong, i would rather someone tell me so, instead of me asking for forgiveness....to me thats a cop out because you are too scared of admitting your sins to the living because of the response you may get.

But, each to his own.

peace.

Well said! :tu:

I would ask him why he has never talked to me and why some are more special than others.

I have friends and family too. But nobody can compare to God and no-one can know you as intimately either. Comunicating with God lights a fire in your heart and puts silk on your soul. Its not sad at all.

God and Jesus tend to share the opinions and views of the individual who worships them. No surprise then that they (you) would know you best.

How about a cup of coffee ?

It's going to be long day ....

Does God say anything back to you when you 'communicate' with Him?

Does God say anything back to you when you 'communicate' with Him?

Don't know about her, but for me at least yes. Mind you, it isn't in the form of an audible voice, but it is through the spirit that he speaks. He has given me many signs. Most of which I've luckily been able to interpret pretty well I think. Although it's taken quite a lot of time and practice. Main thing is it's possible if one opens up to him, opens up to their own spiritual nature, and continues to grow closer and closer to him.

It's incredibly difficult for a atheist to understand, for everything to them is nothing but purely physical and nothing more.

• Like 1

God and Jesus tend to share the opinions and views of the individual who worships them. No surprise then that they (you) would know you best.

Please help me to understand exactly what hatred you have toward Christians. The very close minded, bigoted, hateful, predjudice, offensive, and aggressive nature you so willingly love to stereotype all Christians as appears to be no different than your own. Therefore the only two conclusions I can come to are that you are either self loathing or hypocritical. Possibly a combination of the two. If I'm mistaken then please correct me, and help me to better understand.

I'm only forced to assume since nearly every post I've seen of yours is a demeaning to some Christian's previous post.

I'm not trying to start a fight, simply attempting to understand your confusing thought pattern.

Edited by AquilaChrysaetos
  • Like 1

Please help me to understand exactly what hatred you have toward Christians.

Sorry? Where have I expressed any hate?
  • Like 1

Don't know about her, but for me at least yes. Mind you, it isn't in the form of an audible voice, but it is through the spirit that he speaks. He has given me many signs. Most of which I've luckily been able to interpret pretty well I think. Although it's taken quite a lot of time and practice. Main thing is it's possible if one opens up to him, opens up to their own spiritual nature, and continues to grow closer and closer to him.

It's incredibly difficult for a atheist to understand, for everything to them is nothing but purely physical and nothing more.

An atheist is merely someone who rejects the belief in there being a God or gods.

Edited by Abramelin

I wouldn't go that far; an atheist is someone who has no god. Active rejection is possible but not necessary.

What to ask Jesus, assuming he is the Son of God and Second Person of the Holy Trinity. One would be tempted to ask why he wasn't more clear in his teaching -- so much of what we are told he said he didn't really say but only kinda implied -- maybe -- if you read the passages the way others want you to.

But that would be disrespectful. It is best to give gods due respect. I guess I might ask why he didn't do more to discourage slavery and equality for women and minorities, and maybe -- oh, dear, I'm being disrespectful again.

I suppose I might say, "Honored to meet you; I trust you've fully recovered from your wounds."

• Like 1

Jesus you are to us the human embodiment of an alien life-form; how are we to evolve to a level that advocates the altruistic love you personify, when it seems we can barely manage civil discourse?