Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

T.Rex vs Triceratops

SameerPrehistorica

The Triceratops is in season and the T rex is embarrassed/blushing?

(sorry couldn't help myself and rinsing Ealdwita's joke)

Looks cool though. Used to love Dino's when I was younger.

Edited by Coffey

My kid asks me these questions all the time. It ends with if they got in a fight who would win.

It's a good picture, and I like the background too. It all goes well together I think.

• Like 1

My kid asks me these questions all the time. It ends with if they got in a fight who would win.

Don't scientists think that T-rex would have avoided fights like this, because he wasn't actually the big scary beast they used to think he was. Supposedly he was more of a scavenger. Then again scientists say one thing one day then a compeltely different thing the next.

I reckon Triceratops would have completely dominated though, it's like he has 2 long swords, 1 short sword and a shield vs T-rex's jaws.. lol

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 2

IMO T-Rex was like a dog in it's eating habits... meaning what ever was convienient... It could scavenge or go for an easy kill if it wanted fresh meat... No scientific basis for my opinion... just spitballing...

As for a fight between the two... I guess it would depend on how fast Triceratops could turn to face another direction... If the Rex was faster then the triceratop would be at a distinct disadvantage... The main difference would be if Tri's were herd animals and if they behaved like American Bison do when threatened by wolves... They would help each other fend off the Rex...

Don't scientists think that T-rex would have avoided fights like this, because he wasn't actually the big scary beast they used to think he was. Supposedly he was more of a scavenger. Then again scientists say one thing one day then a compeltely different thing the next.

I reckon Triceratops would have completely dominated though, it's like he has 2 long swords, 1 short sword and a shield vs T-rex's jaws.. lol

But a T-Rex with a Tommy gun would rule!!! :gun:

• Like 1

well,it's either 50/50 (because T.Rex is the only theropod which can bite and break the horns of Triceratops) or Triceratops wins mostly.

• Like 1

Indeed. As long as Tri doesnt get flanked hes got the edge Id bet. Plus he was a herd animal and many would gather to defend the herd. I believe popular culture has them circling the wagons around there young when predators arrived. Which certainly would be a deterrent.

But thats Pulp fiction.

• Like 1

Tyrannosaurus was in fact an opportunistic hunter, I.E. it would seize any meal it could rather than going straight for a well armed herbivore. Scaring away smaller predators from fresh kills, eating what was left from another dino's dinner. The king would have also picked off the younger( or older) or sick animals to lessen the potential of being i injured.