Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

DOJ study: weapons ban will be ineffective

OverSword

From the article:

A study by the Department of Justice’s research wing, the National Institute of Justice, has the feds admitting that so-called “assault weapons” are not a major contributor to gun crime.

The study also concluded those weapons are not a major factor in deaths caused by firearms, nor would an “assault weapons” ban be effective.

“The existing stock of assault weapons is large, undercutting the effectiveness of bans with exemptions,” it said. “Therefore a complete elimination of assault weapons would not have a large impact on gun homicides.”

The report finds no significant link between “assault weapons” and murders.

http://www.wnd.com/2013/02/feds-admit-gun-laws-wont-slow-crime/

• Like 3

and they wasted money to find that out? Yo guys, I'll do it for the half next time!

• Like 3

I’m sure Obama didn’t need the DOJ to do the report. Everyone knew the answer. This is just part of the game plan. Now he can more easily push for restricting or banning ammo and HCMs. But again, this won’t stop gun violence to protect the people. It’ll just make it a bit easier for one man to usurp the power of the Office of the President of the United States and protect the government.

lol, so?

they are not going after assault rifles cuz it will be effective against crimes, they are going after them cuz they decided, for you, that you don't need it. you are now told what you need, and what not, it is not your decision anymore.

The great thing about the gun bills is that more and more Americans are armed.

• Like 1

it really does not matter what they found, the only thing that matter, is WHO found it, even lie that comes out as official DOJ report, weighs 1000s times more than, a truth, from some unknown joe shmo, to those that make laws.

lol, so?

they are not going after assault rifles cuz it will be effective against crimes, they are going after them cuz they decided, for you, that you don't need it. you are now told what you need, and what not, it is not your decision anymore.

Excellent point. If they now decide to keep pushing against 'assault rifles' it'll be even more clear that it not about the people so much as it is about government knows best. I have my camaro because I like it and I can have it but not because I need it.

• Like 1

Look what happened in Austraila after their gun ban. Crime stats up amost across the board, especially home invasion.

This is the line in the sand people! if we as free citizens allow this infringement of the 2nd, there'll be no stopping the government ever, at all, again, for anything else they want to subject us to. Consider the TSA. Wait till their in every train station, bus station and shopping mall in the country. They'll just continue to nibble away at all our rights, year after year until we basically helpless. I hate to sound dramatic, but the time to unite and be heard is now, right now. Lets remind the people in power that they work for us, and if they don't get their s**t together, we as a nation will make a stand and they'll all be out on their asses.

P.S. Quit watching TV, before it starts watching you. And remember It is a form of simple mind control already, and its only going to get worse.

Excuse the rant but I find these to be fustrating days, to say the least.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect anyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitibly ruined." - Patrick Henry 1778

• Like 2

But yet if you ask the average uninformed person on the street, things like Sandy Hook are happening every day and "assault weapons" are killing tens of thousands of American a year.