Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

A sinister presence haunting my family?

leannespock

Before I start: I'm not sensitive to the paranormal world all that much, my sister is though, so I do believe in the fact that the paranormal world is real. My sister's had experiences that are too jarring to be completely chalked up to REM sleep, etc.

Three years ago, my sister started having terrifying dreams of this 7 to 8 foot black figure and would see it standing over her bed when she woke up. It terrified her for about a year, her first real encounter with a demonic presence. It followed her to different places. It terrified her but she was scared to open up about it,. Finally she was scared to go to sleep, told my mother and I about it, and at the end of the summer it went away for no reason.

My grandmother died July 2011 of illness, so a year after my sister stopped seeing the figure. After her death, my sister had a dream where my grandmother was looking healthy, had a dog with her, and was telling my sister memories from when my mom and grandfather were younger, and kept saying she was in a good, happy place. My mom, freaked out, showed her a picture of my grandmother's dog who died in the 50's, it was the dog. And the memories were stuff that happened before she was even born. After that, my sister has had more dreams about my grandmother and woken up to see an orange light in her room by her bed, a comforting presence, and she thinks it's grandma.

I used to be sensitive to the paranormal world when I was little. I used to astral project, I remember it clearly, but something evil scared me (I don't remember what it was anymore) and the fear woke me up in terror every time I'd be falling asleep, feeling my body tingling, etc. Eventually, I lost whatever spark I had, where my sister never did. Until my terrifying dream tonight. She's 17, I'm 20. Both older, rational young adults.

My basement where my room is has felt foreboding at times after my grandmother's death. My room is down there. Our cats refuse to sleep down there and my boyfriend gets nightmares every time he sleeps over. Two weeks ago, my rings which I put in the same place every night went missing, and I found them in an odd drawer of my jewellery cabinet. My mom's wedding ring was moved. My sister's glasses, which she only takes off to go to bed were on the bottom of a laundry pile that hadn't been moved for a week. On Valentines Day, my grandmother's grave was vandalized by the flower vase being smashed to pieces.

The dream. I never, ever, have nightmares like this. I've been ill today and barely had any sleep, was trying to catch an early evening nap. It was like a dream inside a dream, because I was in my room wanting to go to bed. I kept trying to relax, but then my mom, who was talking weirdly, told me that the "demon" was sinister, and that it was getting too strong for my grandmother to fight. I turned around and felt like this presence was suddenly aware of me. I couldn't breathe, it felt like my heart was pounding crazily, like it was trying to crush and kill me. It went away, and I crawled into bed and closed my eyes, and felt myself "flying" to this old hotel.

It was weird, and I know dreams are dreams so I won't describe it in a ton of details. To be short, it was an older looking hotel with plan wood siding, like a historical thing. But this hotel had people in it I didn't know. I kept looking for my sister and mother, and I finally found them. My sister wasn't talking, just looking at me. My mom was speaking really weirdly. I asked her what the black presence was. She told me it was out to get me, called it a demon, and said that grandma couldn't fight it off much longer. She was speaking like the early 19th century with some slang mixed in. She looked like my mother, but talked like a completely different person.

The hotel had these dark walkways without rails beyond the front, flat wooden floored area of the lobby. The walkways led into darkness. My mom told me that the thing was out to get me, slowly trying to poison me, and out to get my boyfriend too. She said I needed to see my family doctor (I was going to anyway, I've been feeling chronically fatigued with some other health problems), and that I needed to see a "doctor" for more help to get rid of it. She then handed me a wooden cross and a bottle of holy water (nobody in my family is religious and believes in siguls). She looked down under the walkway and said the black thing was down there, said it was "reeling drunk" and warned that it would try and get my boyfriend "Into the spirits" (alcohol) like his father was. I've never refered to alcohol as spirits. His father committed suicide in April and was an alcoholic for most of his life. I looked down at the figure, and the minute I felt that it was aware of my presence, the choking started again. It was horrible, like I was going to die. Suddenly I felt like I was pulled out of the hotel, then I woke up in my bed, sleep paralysis, unable to move and terrified. I felt like it was there but I couldn't see anything as the room was black. I got up and went upstairs as soon as I could move.

I don't normally get freaked out, at all. But after telling my sister, the figure is the one she saw a few years ago. Does anyone have any ideas, is this "legit" or paranoia?

Sounds like a demonic presence. Is there also something else going on?

If you are serious about wanting to cast it out, then you need someone stronger than the presence.

Who would that be? I would say God.

• Like 1

No matter what it is, the first thing you need to be prepared for is for it to get worse. When you seek help in trying to destroy and or ward against it and start performing these things, it will get angry. You have to stay strong I know you said you were not that religious but this seems like it is a demon contrary to what has already been said, nothing good will make you ill and or try to hurt you in your dreams or in between(you know that feeling of fear you get when its spiritual, you will know). A few things you can try to help you out, say a protection prayer before you go to sleep (if it is only targeting you, perhaps you have something it wants?) I know it sounds weird and all to cliche but put a circle of salt around your bed. Then bless the area, "Proverbs 3:24 NKJV

When you lie down, you will not be afraid; Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet." I am not sure why this entity continues to cling to you and your sister perhaps because of your astral projecting and theirs.. just some food for thought. The first step in learning to defeat something is figuring out what its after. Good luck and when I get a chance I will try to send some prayers your way.

Edited by Keerolust

rule number one .. trust your human instinct :D

when you feel "presence , watched , scared , terrified " when you are alone in your room then simply don't sleep

if you sleep then you'd probaby have Sleep Paralysis . and it ain't pretty experince

have cup of tea .. or something and sleep after a while and try to change the room you sleep in

keep something on while you sleep .. tv or music in low volume it will keep you distracted and thus less frightened as you fall asleep

i know it's hard to keep your fear at check but the more you are afraid the more vulnerable you are

at least hide your fears . crawling into bed is not smart move :D

no offense of course

• 4 weeks later...

you need to not fear, this thing feeds on fear. you should start seeking god his powers are stronger than evil. plead the blood of jesus (that is the blood he spilled at the cross) over you ,your love ones and your home .do this as often as you remember . demand that evil has to leave in the name of jesus . prayer is power , more prayer is more power, no prayer is no power, this is what i would do.

if you dont do this, seek a medium they might be able to tell you what it is depending on how sinsitive they are.

Before I start: I'm not sensitive to the paranormal world all that much, my sister is though, so I do believe in the fact that the paranormal world is real. My sister's had experiences that are too jarring to be completely chalked up to REM sleep, etc.

Three years ago, my sister started having terrifying dreams of this 7 to 8 foot black figure and would see it standing over her bed when she woke up. It terrified her for about a year, her first real encounter with a demonic presence. It followed her to different places. It terrified her but she was scared to open up about it,. Finally she was scared to go to sleep, told my mother and I about it, and at the end of the summer it went away for no reason.

My grandmother died July 2011 of illness, so a year after my sister stopped seeing the figure. After her death, my sister had a dream where my grandmother was looking healthy, had a dog with her, and was telling my sister memories from when my mom and grandfather were younger, and kept saying she was in a good, happy place. My mom, freaked out, showed her a picture of my grandmother's dog who died in the 50's, it was the dog. And the memories were stuff that happened before she was even born. After that, my sister has had more dreams about my grandmother and woken up to see an orange light in her room by her bed, a comforting presence, and she thinks it's grandma.

I used to be sensitive to the paranormal world when I was little. I used to astral project, I remember it clearly, but something evil scared me (I don't remember what it was anymore) and the fear woke me up in terror every time I'd be falling asleep, feeling my body tingling, etc. Eventually, I lost whatever spark I had, where my sister never did. Until my terrifying dream tonight. She's 17, I'm 20. Both older, rational young adults.

My basement where my room is has felt foreboding at times after my grandmother's death. My room is down there. Our cats refuse to sleep down there and my boyfriend gets nightmares every time he sleeps over. Two weeks ago, my rings which I put in the same place every night went missing, and I found them in an odd drawer of my jewellery cabinet. My mom's wedding ring was moved. My sister's glasses, which she only takes off to go to bed were on the bottom of a laundry pile that hadn't been moved for a week. On Valentines Day, my grandmother's grave was vandalized by the flower vase being smashed to pieces.

The dream. I never, ever, have nightmares like this. I've been ill today and barely had any sleep, was trying to catch an early evening nap. It was like a dream inside a dream, because I was in my room wanting to go to bed. I kept trying to relax, but then my mom, who was talking weirdly, told me that the "demon" was sinister, and that it was getting too strong for my grandmother to fight. I turned around and felt like this presence was suddenly aware of me. I couldn't breathe, it felt like my heart was pounding crazily, like it was trying to crush and kill me. It went away, and I crawled into bed and closed my eyes, and felt myself "flying" to this old hotel.

It was weird, and I know dreams are dreams so I won't describe it in a ton of details. To be short, it was an older looking hotel with plan wood siding, like a historical thing. But this hotel had people in it I didn't know. I kept looking for my sister and mother, and I finally found them. My sister wasn't talking, just looking at me. My mom was speaking really weirdly. I asked her what the black presence was. She told me it was out to get me, called it a demon, and said that grandma couldn't fight it off much longer. She was speaking like the early 19th century with some slang mixed in. She looked like my mother, but talked like a completely different person.

The hotel had these dark walkways without rails beyond the front, flat wooden floored area of the lobby. The walkways led into darkness. My mom told me that the thing was out to get me, slowly trying to poison me, and out to get my boyfriend too. She said I needed to see my family doctor (I was going to anyway, I've been feeling chronically fatigued with some other health problems), and that I needed to see a "doctor" for more help to get rid of it. She then handed me a wooden cross and a bottle of holy water (nobody in my family is religious and believes in siguls). She looked down under the walkway and said the black thing was down there, said it was "reeling drunk" and warned that it would try and get my boyfriend "Into the spirits" (alcohol) like his father was. I've never refered to alcohol as spirits. His father committed suicide in April and was an alcoholic for most of his life. I looked down at the figure, and the minute I felt that it was aware of my presence, the choking started again. It was horrible, like I was going to die. Suddenly I felt like I was pulled out of the hotel, then I woke up in my bed, sleep paralysis, unable to move and terrified. I felt like it was there but I couldn't see anything as the room was black. I got up and went upstairs as soon as I could move.

I don't normally get freaked out, at all. But after telling my sister, the figure is the one she saw a few years ago. Does anyone have any ideas, is this "legit" or paranoia?

The maximum power the presence had was to scare you

give u the choking sensation if it could do more it would have already done

so dont be scared of a mysterious presence

u are stronger as u have a body and the disembodied being has no body..

so all u have to overcome is the choking sensation just breathe deep ask it to go away with respect but fearlessly

put some bright lights,purify and clean all dark damp places............:)

• 2 weeks later...

You have to tell it to LEAVE . Don't act afraid .

Tell it,its not welcome. There are a lot of things you can do ro banish it ,but that's a whole other thing. You don't mention ,are you religious ?

What faith ?

Always interesting to see these new posters who are "really, really freaked out" come on here begging for help and advice, but yet they can't seem to be bothered to come back and participate in the discussion they started.....

• Like 1

Often times it's sin that brings evil spirits into our lives. Discontinue the sin and the presence goes away.

I will come over and ghost buster his demon ass if you like.

oh8don.gif

Often times it's sin that brings evil spirits into our lives. Discontinue the sin and the presence goes away.

Define sin.

Define sin.

I don't have a dictionary handy, but off the top of my head, a sin would be any wrong doing. I can't tell you of the two sins that I know of that brings evil spirits into peoples lives because that would be wrong(a sin) of me to do.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay so after reading your post I have come to two conclusions 1.) you are not insane and 2.) you are dealing with a malevolent, most likely, demonic entity. I've had years of experience dealing with demons, they each have their own ways of haunting people, none of them are fun at all. About your dream... I want you to keep a level head when I tell you this because it is very sobering and quite scary, some demons do this and it is very very sinister of them to plague our minds like this, but the people in your dreams, the ones you've never seen before, are more than likely its past victims, not the ones who overcame the demon, but the ones who couldn't handle it and either took their own life, or succumbed to the will of the demon and died, or those who owed it a debt.

One very, very important thing that I can not stress to you enough when dealing with an entity as powerful as a demon, BE RESPECTFUL!!! I know it's hard to respect something like that, but you're not respecting the demon, you're respecting the power that it has, do not taunt the demon, do not insult it, don't make fun of it or insult it's intelligence, they are very intelligent beings, probably more intelligent than you or me, they are, despite what some might have you to believe, very sophisticated creatures, you must always speak correctly and properly when talking to a demon, those who try to command the demon as if it were a slave, or those who try to talk down to it... Those are the ones who will be very, very sorry in the end.

The only way to get rid of this thing is to let it know who's house it is in and that it is not welcome, but you must do this in a respectful, tactful manner, or it will overtake you. When you're speaking to it, don't be shy and timid because it will sense your weakness, don't be too overbearing or it will get angry, basically speaking don't say "Please Mr. Demon... Would you be so kind as to leave my house?" but also don't be all like "You MUST leave MY home! I COMMAND you!! You are NOT welcome HERE child of darkness!!" because then it's gonna get a "Come at me bro!" attitude. Just as an example, do not take this as what you literally have to say, just say something to the effect of "This house belongs to me and my family. There is no place for you here. You are not welcome. You must leave now. Find somewhere else to go, for this place is not open to you." that lets it know that you are confident, firm and respectful. Sometimes you do have to get into what I call "shouting matches" with demons, where you have to be a little forceful, but never loose the respect for their power.

I hope this helps, good luck to you!

Regards,

AS

Love reading all the "demonic experts" advice. I can give you advice with a personal guarantee, that will have a limited and controled outcome. It will cost you about $139.00 to $165.00 dollars US, but if you are serious about the safety of your family, it's a small investment for sure.

Get a 3-5 piece DVR/security camera system, I can and will provide links to some if desired. Set one camera up in each of the bedrooms and one in the main through-fare in the house. Some of the slightly costlier kits even have microphones for audio recording. All have full spectrum infared tech and will record continously at varrying FPS depending on your preference.

Set the cameras up and one of a possible few things will occur as listed below:

1 - all hauntings/activity will cease.

2 - someone will illustrate symptons of sleep paralysis, night terrors or other sleep disorders on camera - can get medical attention.

3 - very disturbing, but you may find a stranger or even family member doing things at night they shouldnt be doing in your house, notify police in this scenario.

4 - you capture ACTUAL footage of some type of paranormal activity on time-stamped un-edited survelience video, notify any major sciene department from a university in your area. Resources will be available to help you study this amazing world first discovery, you will be famous unless the entity eats your family.

All kidding aside, some will say that the demons just don't like being caught on camera, so they won't come out to play...but that's prevention in and of itself.

Abilities do not disappear altogether. They are simply dormant.

I am messaging you privately regarding the rest of it.

I don't see how me offering to help this person protect their family is in any way being condescending. I meant everything that I posted. And by "experts" I mean people offering "advice" on how to deal with a demon as though it is some sort of everyday occurence.

Like I said, I stand by my statement if the OP follows my suggestion I guarantee one of the 4 results I posted. I think that is alot more than what these others people are offering.

If they are sincere, and want to protect their family they would take those steps, at the very least to eliminate any of the issues I posted.

And you also boldly claim that I have no experience, yet I have helped 1 person on this very forum and 2 people I know IRL rid themselves of "demons" using the above mentioned tactics.

Hmm, It's not a competition about who has the best advice or can cleanse better than anyone else... I think all advice is (hopefully) helpful and the OP or requester can decide for themselves.

Ummm your words- "Coming from someone who has an awful lot of experience with demonic hauntings,"

Definition of expert (root word of experience) - having, involving, or displaying special skill or knowledge derived from training or experience. — ex·pert·ly adverb. — ex·pert·ness noun. See expert defined for ...

So yes you called yourself an expert in your post, just wanted to clarify that for you in regards to my post.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

I'm guessing the OP got this all sorted out. Maybe they even bought the camera set-up!

I don't have a dictionary handy, but off the top of my head, a sin would be any wrong doing. I can't tell you of the two sins that I know of that brings evil spirits into peoples lives because that would be wrong(a sin) of me to do.

Define wrong doing?