Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Oscar Pistorious Trial.

Moon Gazer

Just wondering what people's thoughts are on this trial? I'm finding it increasingly weird. His story just doesn't seem to add up very well, admitedly I haven't researched too much in to it so wondered if anyone had any reliable sources of information on the trial details too?

There is a thread in World News for this here:

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=242963

This may yet be moved to True Crime but atm it is still a current news event, we will see how it moves along.

• Like 2

Thanks will check that thread out. The New Richard Nixon - I meant his story of events don't seem to make sense to me.

His story is pathetic. He's is a liar and he has destroyed two families. If he gets off it will be because if his lawyers not the fact he is innocent.

• Like 1

He's guilty in my books. Everything points to him murdering his girlfriend. Call it want you want but its murder. What an alibi he has. He thought she was a burglar, lol.

He had everything going for him. Hope he rots in jail.

• Like 1

Watching the News today,his lawyer was making pretty good work of discrediting the police version of events.Who knows,could it be O.J. Simpson revisited.

I think he is full of crap. Arguing, according to the neighbours, before the shooting, her locked in the bathroom, 4 shots into the door...if I was in bed with my partner and I thought that someone was in the house, I would make sure that they stayed put while I checked it out. Too many holes, IMO.

• Like 3

Well well well, police look to have lied too

Yep, seems most people involved in this trial are pretty shifty!

I hear South African police are notoriously corrupt and not respected as honest or trustworthy by South Africans or anyone else in the world who knows anything about it. Even so, because the first detective on the investigation has his own heavy baggage to haul, doesn't mean Pistorius is to be believed. His story is so full of implausibilities and inconsistencies and illogic, it's ludicrous. I tried to give his story a fair chance. I went through all the facts that don't make sense or simply sound wildly incredible, and I tried to imagine scenarios that might explain how OP's version of things could be possible. In the end, I just couldn't stitch enough substance together from his claims to cover all the holes in it. I could accept maybe one very weird twist in the events of that night--maybe even two. But all his claims seem to defy logic or credibility. It's just too many wild claims to swallow. It IS a little like OJ Simpson...out back chipping golf balls. Cut his hand on a glass...er, uh, no wait! It was from a cell phone. No wait, I forgot! It was on a soda can, then the cut was re-opened on a piece of broken glass in the hotel room. Yeah, that's it! There's the ticket! Sheesh!

OP better be convicted. If the magistrates panel let him off, they are either taking big bribes, or they are bigger saps than the American public was about that "Iraq has WDMs".

At the end of the day if you have wealth and fame,it will go a long way even let you get away with Murder.There is no doubt in my mind he committed premeditated murder ,but now he has been granted Bail gives his legal team a big advantage and time.

Edited by shaddow134
  • Like 1

While I haven't looked into this case much, I find it pretty tragic. After all killing your girlfriend on Valentine's Day should not be a priority. :/

To be serious though, the Blade-Runner was a guy that was supposed to be a role model. An athlete that inspired people to never give up and basically people admired his goals and spirit that got him from having no legs to being one of the fastest people alive. Now, all that glory and fame is shamed by the unfortunate killing of his girlfriend.

The entire case is very sad.

• 5 months later...