Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pack of hunting hounds attack fox on road

Still Waters

Shocked passengers on a bus watched as a pack of hunting hounds attacked a fox on a busy main road.

The fox had been chased across country when it ran onto the road, where the ten hounds pounced.

A bus passenger used his mobile phone to take a picture of the scene which he posted onto Facebook.

http://www.telegraph...-main-road.html

What a horrible 'sport', the poor fox :(

• Like 5

That’s barbaric.

That’s not a sport, it’s a bunch of Hooray Henry’s working loopholes in the Fox Hunting laws. So it’s OK to hunt foxes with packs of dogs as long as you shoot the fox and not allow the dogs to tear it apart. How do you stop a pack of dogs that have got themselves into a pack mentality and worked up a frenzy to hunt down this poor creature.

These people should be dragged from their horses and hunted down like the poor fox.

As long as Senior politicians, High ranking police officers, Judges, overpaid bankers are involved in this barbaric act, we will never get real convictions?

You can always judge the moral standing of in individual by the way they treat animals.

• Like 5

I don't know much about fox hunting... But I thought people usually accompanied a hunting pack? The article does not mention any dog owners, I thought that odd. Are there that many hunting groups in the area that people don't know who the different hunting packs belong to?

That fox didn't die in vain though, it'slife has hopefully saved others... Cause this will hopefully ruin any chance of fox hunting being brought back.

Any person who think fox hunting is ok needs their head seeing to, It's torture and it's disgusting.

The Hunting Act 2004 made hunting with dogs a criminal offence, although exercising hounds, chasing a scent trail and flushing out foxes to be shot are all still legal.

Sigh, I didn't see that loophole before. Thought it was banned outright. :td:

Edited by Coffey
  • Like 1

That fox didn't die in vain though, it'slife has hopefully saved others... Cause this will hopefully ruin any chance of fox hunting being brought back.

Any person who think fox hunting is ok needs their head seeing to, It's torture and it's disgusting.

Sigh, I didn't see that loophole before. Thought it was banned outright. :td:

Yep there’s a loophole, I guess when the Ministers were dressing the issue they needed to make sure they could still go out on a weekends with their old Eton friends and kill a few foxes, so they made it easy to do that. After all Mr Cameron’s hunt party were one of the first to be fined in this country, around £4K (I think) he probably paid that off for them using our tax money?

I would like to know how you stop a pack of dogs that are in the hunt zone, frenzied up and frothing at the mouth, from not killing the fox when the have it pinned down? Are these dogs that well trained they just stand back and wait for the Hooray Henrys to catch up and shoot it?

• Like 1

Yep there’s a loophole, I guess when the Ministers were dressing the issue they needed to make sure they could still go out on a weekends with their old Eton friends and kill a few foxes, so they made it easy to do that. After all Mr Cameron’s hunt party were one of the first to be fined in this country, around £4K (I think) he probably paid that off for them using our tax money?

I would not be suprised one bit if he did.

I would like to know how you stop a pack of dogs that are in the hunt zone, frenzied up and frothing at the mouth, from not killing the fox when the have it pinned down? Are these dogs that well trained they just stand back and wait for the Hooray Henrys to catch up and shoot it?

Yeah exactly, really good point. I guess that's their excuse for it happening.

Such a medieval thing to do and these people run our country! If thye have this much disregard for an animals life... Then they can't have much respect for human life either. As most people on here know from discussions in threads about animal abuse and psychopaths who go on killing sprees, that people who end up as those nutjobs who torture and murder people, they started out by torturing or killing animals. It's very sadistic to stand and watch a pack of dogs tear a fox a part and thye chose to do it. How cna we have these people running our country?!

• Like 1

The hounds have done a good job. We are hearing about more and more attacks by foxes on people lately. There are too many of these vermin around and they have to be culled.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

it’s a bunch of Hooray Henry’s working loopholes in the Fox Hunting laws.

No, it's not. It's a group of country people who know more about foxes and how dangerous they are to humans and livestock than most townies like you will ever know. To the ignorant towny, foxy is all cute and cuddly. To people in the country, they are nasty little blighters who attacks farmers' livestock and even babies.

The ban on foxhunting has caused more attacks from these vermin on people, livestock and chickens. Something needs to be done. Foxhunting needs to be legalised again.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun
  • Like 1

Something needs to be done. Foxhunting needs to be legalised again.

Culling animals to keep their numbers down is bad enough imo, but to allow packs of dogs to savage foxes is barbaric. Keep foxes under control in some other way if that's what's needed. The real motive behind foxhunting is "sport" no matter how you sugar coat it.

• Like 1

How anyone can call using dogs " hunting " is beyond me......

And how anyone can kill Fox, and other animals just for the pelt is even worse.

We need a plague.....

No, it's not. It's a group of country people who know more about foxes and how dangerous they are to humans and livestock than most townies like you will ever know. To the ignorant towny, foxy is all cute and cuddly. To people in the country, they are nasty little blighters who attacks farmers' livestock and even babies.

The ban on foxhunting has caused more attacks from these vermin on people, livestock and chickens. Something needs to be done. Foxhunting needs to be legalised again.

wrong.....wrong...wrong....

How do I know?

My back property......

156290_530138850331893_592676895_n.jpg

• Like 2

I have to disagree completely with your statement.By the way, I am far from a Townie, I live on the outskirts of a small village, surrounded by fields, woodland and wildlife & my hens have never been attacked by the foxes yet.

We have had a few incidents of Foxes attacking people and now you want to cull them. There were probably more family pets attacking people and family members last week alone, yet there is no call to cull Bull Terriers, Chihuahua’s, etc..

There’s been a few recent attacks, which is hardly surprizing, considering we are continually taking their natural habitat away from them.

It is a barbaric pastime for the pompous and the rich, and anyone that thinks this is or should be categorised as a SPORT should be treat in the same in-humane way.

Edited by xsas
  • Like 1

Just gotta say... that is a fantastic pic!

Thank You :)

We have a Fox " couple " that show up every year around this time. ( actually they just showed up 2 days ago ). They stay here for about 5 months and make a new family. They may be a threat to chickens,rats, mice, rabbits, but no to anything else.....They may very rare, kill a new born fawn for food, only if no other food sources around. Even then, good luck with the mom being around.

Our feral cat we feed and take care of is safe, the fawns are safe, even the racoons don't mind.

It is nice to see them every ear. I do not know where they go for the rest of the year though.

We have a Fox " couple " that show up every year around this time. ( actually they just showed up 2 days ago ). They stay here for about 5 months and make a new family. They may be a threat to chickens,rats, mice, rabbits, but no to anything else.....They may very rare, kill a new born fawn for food, only if no other food sources around. Even then, good luck with the mom being around.

Our feral cat we feed and take care of is safe, the fawns are safe, even the racoons don't mind.

It is nice to see them every ear. I do not know where they go for the rest of the year though.

We get regular visits from our foxes, they live in the woods just in front of us and they have thrived last year because of the myxomatosis, I was literally falling over the rabbits when I went out each day walking and they become easy targets for the foxes. We have badgers in 2 sets I know of but sadly one was by the road side a couple of days ago dead. Our Deer seem to be doing well also and we have a white one that obviously travels between us and the neighbouring village.

• Like 1

We get regular visits from our foxes, they live in the woods just in front of us and they have thrived last year because of the myxomatosis, I was literally falling over the rabbits when I went out each day walking and they become easy targets for the foxes. We have badgers in 2 sets I know of but sadly one was by the road side a couple of days ago dead. Our Deer seem to be doing well also and we have a white one that obviously travels between us and the neighbouring village.

Nothing like living in the " sticks " :)

Gotta love it, I know we do.

Nothing like living in the " sticks " :)

Gotta love it, I know we do.

Absolutely. :yes: We moved away from the city 25 years ago, we were wanting to move to the Isle of Mull but, children and schools along with my wifes job stopped us from taking the jump. We will get to the Island at some stage, I love it over the border in Scotland.

I couldn't even move into the village itself, too many people there for me and we are in a small village.

Culling animals to keep their numbers down is bad enough imo

Animals should be culled in certain areas if there are too many of them and they are out of control. There are plans to bring in badger culling in Britain.

The real motive behind foxhunting is "sport" no matter how you sugar coat it.

I don't care what the real "motive" behind foxhunting is. The ban on foxhunting in 2005 by Labour's countryside-ignorant metropolitan elite has led to the population of these vermin spiralling out of controlling and causing greater numbers of children to be attacked by these vicious and nasty little animals. The ban on foxhunting was a mistake and it's good to see that the Conservatives will be looking at repealing the ban should they win the next election.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

wrong.....wrong...wrong....

How do I know?

My back property......

You live in a completely different part of the world, 5,000 miles away which is very sparsely populated. To say that because there is no fox problem in empty Oregon does not mean to say there isn't one in Britain.

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

We have had a few incidents of Foxes attacking people and now you want to cull them.

Yes, I do. And so do many people. That is the sensible thing to do when the populations of certain animals spirals out of control and they are causing problems with humans, such as attacking them or spreading their diseases. I'm afraid I'm more concerned about the welfare of humans beings that I am about other animals. The government is soon to start culling badgers in England to prevent the spread of TB. It should also start doing something to alleviate the problem of the fox.

There’s been a few recent attacks, which is hardly surprizing,

Attacks are becoming more common because the fox numbers in Britain are spiralling out of control due to Labour's ban on foxhunting.

It is a barbaric pastime for the pompous and the rich, .

So everyone who takes part in foxhunting is "pompous and rich" are they? Yeah, alright.

I always thought that foxhunting was a way of life for many people in the country - the people who know what foxes are REALLY like, such as farmers - rather than just the "rich".

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

. They may be a threat to chickens,rats, mice, rabbits, but no to anything else....

Try telling that to the parents of the Koupparis twins, or to the parents of that baby a couple of weeks ago which had its finger bitten off by one.

Fox bites off baby's finger in cot attack: http://news.sky.com/...r-in-cot-attack

Edited by TheLastLazyGun

Animals should be culled in certain areas if there are too many of them and they are out of control. There are plans to bring in badger culling in Britain.

Oh how I wish we could say the same thing for humans!

As for the badgers, they carry bovine TB, not good for the cattle. But still no reason to cull anything, when you look at the diseases man carries, the destruction he has caused to the country side and to this planet, and we still think we have the right to interfere with nature.

Those rich snobs are not killing the foxes for any other reason but for sport!!

If some humans were not behaving like the pigs, foxes would not be thriving in the inner cities.

• Like 2

Try telling that to the parents of the Koupparis twins, or to the parents of that baby a couple of weeks ago which had its finger bitten off by one.

Fox bites off baby's finger in cot attack: http://news.sky.com/...r-in-cot-attack

Foxes are doing what everything in nature does...hunts for foods.

What is not natural is to leave dirty nappies, rotting food and all the other rubbish people leave out on the streets.

You can not blame the foxes for the filthy humans who can not be bothered to throw their rubbish away responsibly!

• Like 1

Yes, I do. And so do many people. That is the sensible thing to do when the populations of certain animals spirals out of control and they are causing problems with humans, such as attacking them or spreading their diseases. I'm afraid I'm more concerned about the welfare of humans beings that I am about other animals. The government is soon to start culling badgers in England to prevent the spread of TB. It should also start doing something to alleviate the problem of the fox.

Attacks are becoming more common because the fox numbers in Britain are spiralling out of control due to Labour's ban on foxhunting.

So everyone who takes part in foxhunting is "pompous and rich" are they? Yeah, alright.

I always thought that foxhunting was a way of life for many people in the country - the people who know what foxes are REALLY like, such as farmers - rather than just the "rich".

The reason they want the foxes "culled" IS because the rich want their sport back. Farmers may have to shoot a fox if it attacks their animals, but farmers are not the hunters riding on their horses with hunting dogs.

The reason the foxes are in the inner cities is NOT because of the ban, its because thats were the food is now because people are throwing rubbish on the streets, THIS IS the reason the councils had to bring out the big bins with the lids, but unfortunately, half can not be bothered to lift the lid up.

All this was covered on the other thread.

Edited by freetoroam

Fox hunting is disgusting and neither foxes or badgers need to be culled.

I'm sure more children have their fingers bitten off by dogs every single week than has occurred in the last 10 years from foxes but all of a sudden they need to be culled? I can think of only 2 cases of fox attacks on kids in the news in recent years, hardly a massive threat.

I have kids, there are urban foxes where I live, I am not worries about them at all. Far more to worry about than foxes in my opinion.

• Like 2