Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Everyday chemicals linked to diseases

Still Waters

COMMON chemicals found in every home may be causing cancer, asthma, birth defects and reduced fertility, the World Health Organisation has warned.

In a landmark report, the WHO warned “synthetic chemicals” had “serious implications” for human health.

The global health watchdog suggested so-called “gender-bending” compounds found in toys, PVC flooring and even credit cards should be banned in order to protect future generations.

http://www.independe...n-29083893.html

• Like 1

I'm not surprised. Though their report from a decade ago, 'found only “weak evidence” that the chemicals harmed human health.' I wonder how much they're admitting to and how much they're actually finding out for the first time.

• Like 3

I do not understand the "warning". Did they honestly think that everyone was NOT aware of this?

There has been untold court cases because of the danger of chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs..... we do not need them to tell us now. Some of us have been saying this for years!!

• Like 1

I do not understand the "warning". Did they honestly think that everyone was NOT aware of this?

There has been untold court cases because of the danger of chemicals and pharmaceutical drugs..... we do not need them to tell us now. Some of us have been saying this for years!!

And then they completely ignore bug sprays and so forth ,which are 10 times more toxic than all the stuff they mentioned .

Get rid of your dust pan,but keep buying bug repellent and ant spray .

Duh

• Like 1

Is plasticine listed? Because I swallowed a bucketload as a kid.

:unsure2:

• Like 2

Is plasticine listed? Because I swallowed a bucketload as a kid.

:unsure2:

Yes, I remember seeing you on the telly a few years ago......

morph.gif

• Like 2

And then they completely ignore bug sprays and so forth ,which are 10 times more toxic than all the stuff they mentioned .

Get rid of your dust pan,but keep buying bug repellent and ant spray .

Duh

They clearly mention pesticides in the report, so don't know what you are on about.

Insecticides are a specialized form of pesticides, all insecticides are pesticides ... so do the logic.

It's nice that they formally acknowledge it but strange that it took them such a long time... i thought this was common knowledge. Especially since many toys and floors etc have been banned or ordered to alter the materials to make them in Europe over the past couple of years.

But as I read further in the article:

The study reflected similar warnings from the European Environment Agency (EEA) last year, which warned items such as cosmetics and medicines containing EDCs could be harmful to humans.