Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

do we really choose our own bodies?

SpiritWriter

I've heard this line of thought very frequently. If you are of the mindset that we pick out our lives before coming here please discuss what makes you think this.

If this is your belief, have you already begun to notice why you would have picked the person you are, considering all the variables, the era, your family, environment, beliefs, circumstance, talents, abilities etc...

I don't think so because if you did I'm sure I wouldn't of chose this one. I would of chose the one Katy Perry has.

• Like 3

I did not choose this body, I did not even get to tell my parents what one I wanted!!

We don't chose our bodies at all. The fact is we are creatures of the physical world, it is our natural home and we begin here. We have no pre incarnation life or being, everything we are begins here in this realm. rather or not we continue on after our bodies die not even the wisest person can say with any certainty

Not too sure about being able to choose bodies and other various things.... as I think those are chosen for us....

I personally think that we are given various live's, bodeis etc to see what type of person we turn out to be...

If I did have a choice I would NOT have chosen this body or the life I have had...

Saying that I am happy I have had the life I have had (even though there has been more downs than ups, and a life I would NOT wish on my worst enemy) as it has made me the person I am today,....

Because my mum ran away before I was born, I had to take what I could get!

• Like 4

I think this question is really STUPID, but thats only my opinion,its too rediculous to answer.

• Like 1

I think this question is really STUPID, but thats only my opinion,its too rediculous to answer.

The question is so STUPID, You replied anyway ???

Why not hit the back button if that is how you feel ???

No, I personally don't think so because then I'd have to ask myself "Sean, what the Fvk were you smoking that day?"

As for Era, I would have chosen a future date where we can travel to other galaxies and meet alien life forms...not being born in the crappy 90's. (Oasis, I still love you...no homo)

No, I personally don't think so because then I'd have to ask myself "Sean, what the Fvk were you smoking that day?"

As for Era, I would have chosen a future date where we can travel to other galaxies and meet alien life forms...not being born in the crappy 90's. (Oasis, I still love you...no homo)

I have been taught that the body looks the soul.

I have been taught that the body looks the soul.

Who taught you this?

I think we, as a spirit/soul, choose to be born(choose to incarnate), but I don't think we have any control over what our lives will consist of once we're here. I don't want to go into details now, but I think I 'agreed' to incarnate(against my better judgement), because my father wanted me to be here ....... not because I wanted to be here. I felt 'drawn down' to Earth, which doesn't make for a good start in life ....... in fact I would say this has blighted my life. My son definitely chose to be born and gave me prior warning of this. I was not in a relationship at the time and certainly wasn't thinking about getting pregnant.

i read something similar about prebirth its our parents we pick :passifier:

i read something similar about prebirth its our parents we pick :passifier:

I had some seriously confused parents. Unfortunately some of that is hereditary.

• Like 1

For those who say "I wouldn't have chosen this life" it seems to me your looking at it from a carnal mind rather than spiritual, wanting comfort or fame rather than what you needed to learn or experience to gain a higher understanding or foothold. I imagine, if this theory is true we would be looking at it that way rather than the other.

If its true, I think I can see why I chose this life but I wouldn't have seen it all even a few years ago. Interesting concept I think. I wonder how people came up with this idea... again if this is a strong belief of yours pls tell us why.

:)

• Like 2