Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Human race is losing inteligence.

Professor T

My community used to have fluoride in the water I had the benefit of meeting the man that led the crusade to have it removed from pour drinking water in his last year of life.

• Like 1

the book 1984 was a prophetic comedy as well

And the answer to 1984 - 208 = ? I've seen t-shirts with that. lol

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

That is completely relevent imo.. :tu:

A virus/sickness spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection..

now...............take that up a few levels to conscious reasoning and what you have is a sickness of society that spreads by replicating it's self and spreading it's infection at a sub-conscious level... Sickness as in these moronic thought streams that allow this to happen. This is what I mean by sickness of society at a civilisation level.. These Moron lobbyists working on the funding of big corporations are part of the infectious disease that is robbing us of our awareness. What is good for society is being neglected for what is profitable.. as a result....... we're being dumbed down...

Couldn't agree more, I understand what you are saying completely.

• Like 1

Interesting speculation. But it is a backfire way to control people because there are smart enough people to pick up on this and throw it back at them. Thus it becomes a battle of wills so to speak. Or for the hearts and minds of the people. You certainly raise a valid something.

We all have small yet very significant guiding principles that govern who we are and how we react and percieve the world around us. Most of these principles are benign and well balanced guides or laws that govern us. Some of them though, are imo parasitic models of thought and behavior that need to be delt with sternly once they're realised.. Take for instance the latest infection trying it's best to get a foot hold in humanities phyche.. "Corporations are people" Now that I am glad appears to be one of these infections of society that doesn't seem to be taking hold.. :) But there are others, and there have been other much more devistating. and there are plenty of much smaller parasites of this conscious type that have infected all of us.. "Lifes a b**** & then your die" "Life is war" "Life sucks doesn't it" Quite often we find ourselfs knodding to these statements in agreement because we are infected by them.

Couldn't agree more, I understand what you are saying completely.

Am glad one of us does.. :tu: Because this concept is something that I'm only just starting to make some sense of..

There are probably hundreds, or even thousands of these infectious lines of thought.. Once they have a grip on someone and once they become a part of that persons list of guiding principles then though that infected person the virus of consciousness spreads.. Take for instance this old Gem of an infection which gladly, has just about seen it;'s last days.. "Children should be seen and not heard" Now there is a toxic stream of though that was responcible for the dicken's era of child slavery.. Gladly, though, it's on the demise in most of the world..

Ever heard of Pupetmasters? well imo these are the strings..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

We all have small yet very significant guiding principles that govern who we are and how we react and percieve the world around us. Most of these principles are benign and well balanced guides or laws that govern us. Some of them though, are imo parasitic models of thought and behavior that need to be delt with sternly once they're realised.. Take for instance the latest infection trying it's best to get a foot hold in humanities phyche.. "Corporations are people" Now that I am glad appears to be one of these infections of society that doesn't seem to be taking hold.. :) But there are others, and there have been other much more devistating. and there are plenty of much smaller parasites of this conscious type that have infected all of us.. "Lifes a b**** & then your die" "Life is war" "Life sucks doesn't it" Quite often we find ourselfs knodding to these statements in agreement because we are infected by them.

When I was growing up we used the term I dont care to protect our minds from absurdity. It certainly if used too much can have an effect on your psyche because I still dont care to this day. IMO.

Am glad one of us does.. :tu: Because this concept is something that I'm only just starting to make some sense of..

There are probably hundreds, or even thousands of these infectious lines of thought.. Once they have a grip on someone and once they become a part of that persons list of guiding principles then though that infected person the virus of consciousness spreads.. Take for instance this old Gem of an infection which gladly, has just about seen it;'s last days.. "Children should be seen and not heard" Now there is a toxic stream of though that was responcible for the dicken's era of child slavery.. Gladly, though, it's on the demise in most of the world..

Ever heard of Pupetmasters? well imo these are the strings..

Hahaha actually I am one of those guys who is fed up by the consumerism culture the humans have adopted on this planet, it just doesn't make sense.

Ever heard of Peter Joseph? The guy who made the Zeitgeist Documentary Series??

He has made a new series by the name "Culture In Decline" that targets the roots of the problems in the society,

You should check out www.cultureindecline.com and I am sure you will understand what I am saying after watching it's first three episodes. :)

Edited by Twinkle Arora is back
  • Like 2

No one has mentioned the cause of this decline as pointed out clearly in the article:

"Further, the geneticist explains that people with specific adverse genetic mutations are more likely than ever to survive and live amongst the ‘strong.’ Darwin’s theory of ‘survival of the fittest’ is less applicable in today’s society, therefore those with better genes will not necessarily dominate in society as they would have in the past."

What this geneticist is proposing is eugenics. Nothing to do with poverty or education. It's simply feeble minded people procreating. That's the problem according to Dr. Crabtree.

nah. luckily that was banned here in the mid seventies, as far as i know. My doctor once got me started with the fluoride stuff. He said, you need it as a little kid, but for grown ups it is of no use really. It's a way of cheaply getting rid of industrial waste to put in in the toothpaste. Oh, and he said also that fluoride is an ingredient in lots of heavy psychopharmaka....that made me stop using it....

Wow, shocked your doctor actually said that. Must be a good honest doctor.

• Like 1

Every time I have to fight some gawmless cross-eye'd subway caterer who has to be told three times what I want to on my foot-long I wonder if humanity is getting dumber..

Turns out we are... :unsure2:

http://naturalsociet.../#ixzz2LOpmcFPF

Edited to add: Personally I think there are many more reasons for this.. Much more than listed in the artical for sure..

While I do agree that people seem to be getting dumber (I'm a teacher....I see their progeny everyday) I think that this article seems to smell of bias a bit. Its a "natural" website and the things the article mentions are all common items for the organic crowd to rail against.

I'm not disagreeing with the article, per se. It just seems a bit slanted.

• Like 2

De what...Maybe it dis cud be truth. Im melting

• Like 1

No one has mentioned the cause of this decline as pointed out clearly in the article:

"Further, the geneticist explains that people with specific adverse genetic mutations are more likely than ever to survive and live amongst the ‘strong.’ Darwin’s theory of ‘survival of the fittest’ is less applicable in today’s society, therefore those with better genes will not necessarily dominate in society as they would have in the past."

What this geneticist is proposing is eugenics. Nothing to do with poverty or education. It's simply feeble minded people procreating. That's the problem according to Dr. Crabtree.

Yeah, as stated at the start of the thread, the artical does state there are other causes of this loss of intelligence. There's no one cause of this loss of general cognitive ability, but plenty of things to point the finger at and discuss/query.. It's not all about genetics, food & chemicals.. There's other factors as well.

While I do agree that people seem to be getting dumber (I'm a teacher....I see their progeny everyday) I think that this article seems to smell of bias a bit. Its a "natural" website and the things the article mentions are all common items for the organic crowd to rail against.

I'm not disagreeing with the article, per se. It just seems a bit slanted.

Yup. good spotting..

The artical is on a food/health website that natually promotes it's own cause.. as such, it has completely ignored any other cause other than any that furthers it's own objective of the promotion of natural living.. This kind of one-sided or single minded point of view is a good topic for a whole other thread.. But is relivant here because of this aparent competiton for changing and re-arranging our belief stuctures.. it's all cannon fodder for peoples attention imo.. Well done on spotting that.. :tu:

i saw Mike Judge's "Idiocracy" some time ago, and i think that this is one of cinema's most accurate descriptions of the future of humanity......

The future? Have you seen the TSA? Their slogan should be,"we're keeping you safe by frisking grandmas and toddlers." "Idiocracy" looks like a documentary.

• Like 4

Yup. good spotting..

The artical is on a food/health website that natually promotes it's own cause.. as such, it has completely ignored any other cause other than any that furthers it's own objective of the promotion of natural living.. This kind of one-sided or single minded point of view is a good topic for a whole other thread.. But is relivant here because of this aparent competiton for changing and re-arranging our belief stuctures.. it's all cannon fodder for peoples attention imo.. Well done on spotting that.. :tu:

Unfortunately I've become so jaded that whenever I consider any information from any source, my first instinct is to find out what their agenda is, because everybody has something to sell, some overriding idea to promote. Like you said however, there is some valuable information in the article. Cheers!

• Like 2

Some of those who actually have a clue are branded as conspiracy theorists. I can think of one in particular who has predicted many a trend which has later come to pass.

The debunkers should check out "33 True Conspiracies". BTW, the answer to "1984" is 1776. I'll spare you the other ubiquitous quote about liberty and security. It rings true now more than ever, though.

• Like 1

Ask almost anyone 30 or younger...maybe even 40...why we fought the Civil war....I can almost promise you that 90% will say it was fought over slavery. It's a great notion...that the wonderful "union" was so concerned with humanity and right from wrong...but the truth is...the Civil War was not started over slavery...Lincoln made it an issue well into the conflict to garner northern support about the same time Robert E. Lee was handing the north their ass in battles....truth. Lincoln's emancipation happened well after the war was underway...slavery is NOT why the civil war began...but this is what is being taught today.

Look...I completely understand the humanity of emancipation...I think it was a wonderful and long overdue thing...but...we must leave history alone. Let it stand for what it is...truth. It disturbs me deeply ...this process of re-writing the subtle facts of history...nothing good can come from hiding the truth...

The movie, "Lincoln", contained some historical mistakes. There aren't many films on history that are completely and totally accurate. "Braveheart" comes to mind. There are a few web sites devoted to its inaccuracies.

... huhh? :huh: .

De what...Maybe it dis cud be truth. Im melting

Great Example guys! :w00t:

That's the Spirit!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've become so jaded that whenever I consider any information from any source, my first instinct is to find out what their agenda is, because everybody has something to sell, some overriding idea to promote. Like you said however, there is some valuable information in the article. Cheers!

Right, everything information wise is written with an agenda or persuasion, so the ability to discern and weigh up sides is crucial to maintain and support a self aware existence. Most people tho are lazy or untrained to do so.

It all started with TV imo, and then media...fame. TV is designed to make us first of all feel dissatisfied with our lifes and then hook us into regimes, by selling our egos the remedies and solutions to make us feel better. Everything from commercials to soap operas, to the celebrity culture showing off the life we all think we should be having. In soap operas people are sold the "decided" plot lines and scenarios in dramatic form, which are nothing more than implantation of social programming / agendas. Do you know that some of the well known news sites / online papers have SOAP OPERA HEADLINES sometimes mixed up with every day news ? The daily life of a celebrity is a soap opera too - it's such a joke.

It's quite amazing really what they have achieved in managing to create a whole economy and society based on illusion and the fantasy needs of the ego. And people think people like myself are the ones not living in the real world. Pfft lol.

• Like 5

Wow, shocked your doctor actually said that. Must be a good honest doctor.

uuuhmmm...well...yeah....but he's also my brother in law! ;)
  • Like 1

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.

If you brought someone back from a thousand years ago you could teach them to drive a car. Its just a matter of teaching.

if you say something twice, it automatically becomes the truth.

if you say something twice, it automatically becomes the truth.

(sorry man, i just did that for the laughs ;) )

• Like 2

With all these kiddo's shouting "swag" and "yolo" these days I believe that the human race is indeed losing intelligence.

• Like 2

With all these kiddo's shouting "swag" and "yolo" these days I believe that the human race is indeed losing intelligence.

may i ask how old you are? i am in my mid-thirties now, and sometimes i catch myself swearing at the "stupid mindless youth" as well, but then i remember that this is exactly the speech we got from thirty-somethings when we were 15.....

i know exactly what you mean, but let them grow pubic hair before condemning them! ;)

• Like 1

If you are a creationist & believe in the Bible's story,Adam was very intelligent.So was Eve.He was perfect.He knew every name of every animal that the Lord placed upon the Earth.That was an achievement in itself, knowing that there were many many more species of animals that existed then.He would have been a very intelligent being.Even his offspring knew how to create musical instruments that resonated with certain vibrational frequencies that enhanced the heavenly connections etc..he knew the laws of physics & connected with mathematics & with the heavenly vibrations & saw the stars & knew their placement in the universe & the timing.Ever since Adam's fall & decline,we have all degenerated along with him in our DNA etc after the fall.After the declaration of physical death from the Father we have all had a slow degenerative death &experience.Let's face it.We have all been on a degenerative decline since then & now man is on his last legs of what he should be.Our brains are not as superior as when Adam came about.So the myth that we are more intelligent than our ancestors is just that.And,to top it off,we have been poisoned with chemical additives in our water & food etc that have had effects on our behaviour etc. We are mere shadows of what we should be.

Edited by GirlfromOz
  • Like 1

Honestly we have no real reason to think anymore. Thinking is a survival skill, pure and simple. Think about how easy it is to survive nowadays compare to how it was in the past. Now that we don't need to think to survive besides the basics(and think about the differences between finding food,water,shelter in the past compared to now). We focus more on emotions, feeling good, and being entertained.

I don't think that it is a coincidence that as our existence gets easier to survive in, that our general intelligence gets lower.

• Like 1