Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Sony announces PlayStation 4

ExpandMyMind

I also heard they would be making it impossible to buy used PS4 games. Either the disc will come with a one-time activation code or the games will all be purchased through the PSN.

They will allow used games. That has been debunked. I saw an article earlier today where sony said used games were fine. They were actually wondering if MS was going to follow suit.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 1

althought im a Playstation lover at heart, i know ill end up buying MS new piece of kit too. However if they o plan to block used games on there 720 or durango what ever its called it will be suicide

• Like 1

I'm actually looking forward to the PS4, the PS3 had so many drawbacks for me that I grudgingly bought one after 3 years or so on the market. The disc seek times, install times, lack of gfx memory in comparison to the 360 just killed it for me at first. Now I don't really mind so much though since their exclusives are great! Uncharted 2 was well worth the purchase of the system and the game. It sounds like Sony has hopefully learned a lot from their mistakes and designed a much easier to code for PS4, I think this next gen they will give MS some fierce competition which is good for everybody involved.

Edited by WoIverine
  • Like 2

I feel the PS3 isn't outdated yet, or even close, but I would still enjoy a new model. Pretty exciting news.

I feel the PS3 isn't outdated yet, or even close, but I would still enjoy a new model. Pretty exciting news.

High end PCs have outperformed it for years.

High end PCs have outperformed it for years.

I know its been outperformed by computers and other devices, i'm just saying personally I don't feel it's worn out yet. But when the PS1 and PS2 were coming to an end I felt it was time. Just my opinion.

last i heard the hardware in a PS3 is around 8 Years out of date

Smart phones with Tegra chips are catching up to the PS3. It's about the right time for Sony to move forward.