Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What music do you listen to?

White Crane Feather

I doubt all of that very much. Most Gifted kids are bored with school, their minds wonder and they just want out of it. Mostly boys, girls tend to react a bit different. Poor forthought? I would argue that case. The smart kid is the one asking what is all this going to do for me? And if the answer isn't apparent, they may rebel. The kids that follow unquestionably an education system built on industrial age thinking because they are told its good for them, are the ones not demonstrating forethought.

Intelligent people pretty much love education. It's true they can get bored, but schools have been trying to address this for decades with programs to diversify the curriculum, especially with the inclusion of advanced courses, and also skipping kids ahead in the earlier years. And I don't think you're exercising much forethought here. Skipping school has consequences, so intelligent kids will choose not to skip in order to avoid the consequences. Also following the education system is a legal requirement until you're almost entirely through it, and given that a lack of HS diploma or GED is a huge impediment to getting any job above menial labor, intelligent kids would choose to finish no matter how bored they may be.

Intelligent people pretty much love education. It's true they can get bored, but schools have been trying to address this for decades with programs to diversify the curriculum, especially with the inclusion of advanced courses, and also skipping kids ahead in the earlier years. And I don't think you're exercising much forethought here. Skipping school has consequences, so intelligent kids will choose not to skip in order to avoid the consequences. Also following the education system is a legal requirement until you're almost entirely through it, and given that a lack of HS diploma or GED is a huge impediment to getting any job above menial labor, intelligent kids would choose to finish no matter how bored they may be.

Intelligent people love education, intelligent kids get bored.

Avoiding consequences and getting "a job" is not the hallmark of intelligent people... Wise people Mabey... Not the intelligent. The intelligent people are usually more focused on giving the people who think they are intelligent jobs. ;) or the less than ethical Getting around one.

Edited by Seeker79

Well i have thought about it seeker i cant give just 3 or 4 favorite songs it is impossible for me :lol:

• Like 1

bet you love 'QuarterFlash'

I've never heard of QuarterFlash.

I listen to anything. I grew up with music. If i was to pick one type of music i guess it would be Punk. It could be that late 70's sound or the 80's hardcore type, 3 chord in your face, slam dance in the pit music, lol.

I taught myself bass and played in a few punk bands in Toronto in the 80's and 90's.

But i also love Ska, oi, country,dance,Metal, oldies, classical, i guess you could say i could listen to anything.

Edited by mike72
  • Like 1

I just hope I don't get hoisted on my own petard here...

So your looking for pscyological reasons why I like the music I like?

Well you can't go much further than the saying if music is the food of love then play on.

But that's only a figure of speech because music isn't specifically about love.

It's about happiness,letting your hair down and having a jolly good time.

Specific songs commemorate landmark events in your life.

So on that note I reckon The Smiths are very indicative of my life so far.

While the " rave " scene of the late eighties and early nineties are indicative of the life I wanted.

However dance music in general not only gives me a sense of escapism but a feel- good factor.

But I can't narrow a list of tunes I like to three or four.

Edited by Medium Brown
  • Like 3

I think that I'm the only person on this full forum that listens to Scouse House. I produce it aswell in my spare time when i'm not working. I also listen to Rap and R&B. I used to be in a band when i was at school 7 yrs ago. Needleds to say. We never got anywhere.

I have always thought that you can tell a lot about a persons inner self based on what kind of music they listen to.

What do you listen to? If there is a why then explain that to?

Hi Seeker79,

I listen to 20th century music: Harsh Elektro, Dark Wave, Acid New Beat, '80s Synthpop, Country Western, Vocal Jazz, '70s and '60s Rock. I also listen to Ancient Music, some Baroque, many Romantic pieces, and extremely few 20th century Classical: sacred, secular, Latin, German, and English languages. Why? I'm a picky audiophile and was a tough critic for a European cutting-edge magazine, until I got bored of critiquing tired, regurgitated music of the 21st century. Actually, I have a fingerful of this century's Country Western love songs. What does it say about me? Well, I am, after all, a Romantic (genre) writer...with a twist.

Peace.

I have a thing for listening to acapella by anyone and everyone: Here's one of my favorites...

And one of my favorites...Paul Gilbert

[media=]

[/media] Edited by NiteMarcher

I go through phases but My top bands are Cage the elehpant, Bob dylan ( yes i know he is a person not a band) My Chemical Romance

Edited by spartan max2

I think that I'm the only person on this full forum that listens to Scouse House. I produce it aswell in my spare time when i'm not working. I also listen to Rap and R&B. I used to be in a band when i was at school 7 yrs ago. Needleds to say. We never got anywhere.

You have led me indirectly to a really good point.

The geographical roots of you and your music.

So if you like your local bands that means you have a emotional attachment to your area.

That means I like a plethora of local talent including The Smiths,New Order,Oasis,The Stone Roses,Inspiral Carpets,The Ting Tongs,808 State and The Happy Mondays.

There's even that cheesy apparition that calls itself The Blackout Crew.

However my theory falls to bits because I draw the line at Simply Red and Take That.

Everybody knows that Mick Hucknall is the king of " dad" music.

It even says it in Who's Who.

Edited by Medium Brown

Mostly classical, as that was the music my mother listened to when I was young. Then I got into The Beatles, and from there the rock music of the late '60's and '70's. Popular music of the '80' to today doesn't interest me. I listen to jazz, also.

I think the music one likes best is the music from one's youth.

Being a musician, I like to think my musical tastes are sophisticated enough to tell the good from the bad. There's a lot of great 20th century music out there in many genres. 21st century...I haven't heard much worth listening to so far.

• 1 month later...

My favorite music has an uplifting message and r&b type flavor.. I also like reggae type music and something very soulful that makes you want to dance. I grew up in the 90s listening to Jodeci, Mariah Carey etc... appreciate other kinds of beautiful music, especially strong vocals or guitar or any astounding talent. But I cannot stand negative music (ganster rap for example) at all!

Edited by SpiritWriter

I don't listen to most country, rap, or opera. I also don't care for some world or native music. Anything else is fair game.

If you had to pin me down at gunpoint, I would say "mellow rock". ;)