Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Has anyone read Ketchums DNA Paper?

danbell06

Don't bother, I have read it and I don't believe for one second anything other than financial gain was on the agenda here,

I am not sure I understand why you think you can make this kind of decision for us. I will read it.

Thanks for that, dan. I won't bother then.

Oh people who do not want to think for themselve. How boring life must be for those people.

Sorry Raven, I perhaps didn't make my flippancy clear enough! I Googled it to find out what it was about and almost immediately dozed off.

s8127.gif

that says more about you than it does the paper. Some people just don't like science. Or cannot read it.

Well, she claimed in her latest interview that some well-known mainstream scientists are now interested in her findings and they are examining them now.

So, we shall see...

Great stance. I sit on the fence too.

Do you have any idea what fame is really like? It is horrible!

I have had my fifteen minutes of fame. It was an ugly experience and not something the thinking person would volunteer for by a long shot. We all know how thoughtless mainstream media is. No one wants to get involved with that horror.

I don't think she is motivated by fame, while I do think some big foot researchers are.

I should have actually waited before posting this thread as ive only read the first half.

Oh well.

The fact she has made it available for purchase and not freely available raises a lot of questions.

Yes, she may have spent her own money, (which I doubt she did, as Wally Hersom was involved) but she could have been responsible for the greatest discovery in science recent history if not ever, so the money and fame would have definately arrived.

Edited by regeneratia

that says more about you than it does the paper. Some people just don't like science. Or cannot read it.

I believe there is some debate as to if there is any science in her paper.

• Like 1

I believe there is some debate as to if there is any science in her paper.

How did you come to believe that?

I would assume not many people would pay $30 to read a paper about Bigfoot...

I think I'll just wait to see what will result from all of this.

• Like 1

I read other things than her facebook page.

OK, you want us to believe you on some vague description on how you got to your opinion. No problem. Just checking. I maintain my stance.

If i was deeply interested in the topic, I would buy it. $30 is NOT daunting.

OK, you want us to believe you on some vague description on how you got to your opinion. No problem. Just checking. I maintain my stance.

Likewise.

• Like 1

If i was deeply interested in the topic, I would buy it. $30 is NOT daunting.

You would get more bang for your buck buying $30 worth toilet paper.

Likewise.

Agreed.

You would get more bang for your buck buying $30 worth toilet paper.

Again yours is an opinion. From my perspective, anything that gives knowledge and helps me think about things is far better than toilet paper. But I like knowledge. Not everyone does.

Again yours is an opinion.

And yours is not?

From my perspective, anything that gives knowledge and helps me think about things is far better than toilet paper. But I like knowledge. Not everyone does.

Even if that knowledge is highly suspect?

I don't know about you but it's hard for me to think about anything else but toilet paper it it's not around.

You know, toilet paper helps some of us maintain hygienic conditions, and was invented specifically for cleaning what you are mistaking for "knowledge" in the ketchum paper.

Edited by evancj

From what little there is to read about the paper from people who supposedly have read it there is serious concerns about cross contamination and testing methodologies. Not to mention the source materials themselves are questionable. The whole thing is really a joke that serious science is going to ignore and only the odd pseudo-layman-scientist with an agenda is going to put any stock in, and then only because they will be looking for data to back up their own theories that are without any serious credibility........ergo, they latch onto old Melba and that voodoo she do so well.

Now, have not read the paper and to be honest, while I am an engineer, I'm not a geneticist. My best effort will be little more good than the average guy with little more than some reading on the subject. I could no more tell you if the testing was good or not, or the methods used in collecting the samples was correct. For all I know Old Melba could have gotten drunk one night and passed out in a field and when she woke up she was sore from sexual contact, wiped up a sample on an old Kleenex, stuffed in a Baggie, wrapped it up in her soiled undies and took it to her lab. Now I suppose someone will tell me that's a perfectly acceptable collection method.

And yours is not?

Even if that knowledge is highly suspect?

I don't know about you but it's hard for me to think about anything else but toilet paper it it's not around.

You know, toilet paper helps some of us maintain hygienic conditions, and was invented specifically for cleaning what you are mistaking for "knowledge" in the ketchum paper.

ouch now you're just being mean, mate. However I must admit, well said..... :whistle:

That is what I plan to do. In about a year or so all this will be available online for free. Especially if it is true. If it is not true, then I'll have saved $30. Probably will need it for gas money by then.

Was there an actual DNA study? Is there an actual paper on the study's results of DNA from habituated bigfoot, she witnessed, eating off of Tupperware?

Imo, there was no study of DNA from habituated bigfoot. Thus, there is no paper on said study.

Imo, if anything exists in writing it is a fictional account of a "study" a "project" and bigfoot/human hybrid "lab results".

Imo, there are no mainstream scientific labs examining human/bigfoot hybrid DNA samples to corroborate her study.

Imo, the "samples" will be destroyed in a fire, or be kept under lock and key so we can all debate them ad nauseum.

You can fake anything on the Internet. Evidence, science, supporters, samples, studies, papers, sanity, sincerity, etc:

How easy is that!

Edited by QuiteContrary

Was there an actual DNA study? Is there an actual paper on the study's results of DNA from habituated bigfoot, she witnessed, eating off of Tupperware?

Imo, there was no study of DNA from habituated bigfoot. Thus, there is no paper on said study.

Imo, if anything exists in writing it is a fictional account of a "study" a "project" and bigfoot/human hybrid "lab results".

Imo, there are no mainstream scientific labs examining human/bigfoot hybrid DNA samples to corroborate her study.

Imo, the "samples" will be destroyed in a fire, or be kept under lock and key so we can all debate them ad nauseum.

You can fake anything on the Internet. Evidence, science, supporters, samples, studies, papers, sanity, sincerity, etc:

How easy is that!

Give it a month and one of the "incidents' you mention will happen.

• Like 1

Give it a month and one of the "incidents' you mention will happen.

That long? Theres a hoax whenever a new post on bigfoot circles the web. At least once a day.

That long? Theres a hoax whenever a new post on bigfoot circles the web. At least once a day.

Just saw your other post for the Dyer story, I stand corrected, you are right, less than a month surely. Wonder who will be her excuse? The Russians maybe?

Ummm.....interesting story danbell06.....hopefully your link to it will not get censored. And in the interest of this post not getting censored, I will not go into explicit detail about the inter species rape, or the interesting fact about the size of a bigfoot penis, except to say the old big feet, big penis rule does not apply to bigfoot apparently.

I thought the following quote from the story summed up everything about bigfoot quite nicely.

"So there you have it folks. You can believe whatever you want to believe here. No one knows what really happened, and we may never know."

• 1 month later...

I just came across this comment from Melba Ketchum:

"I haven't kept up with numbers, it doesn't matter. There are others supporting the data that can't come forward due to their jobs and how outward support of this project might affect their credibility. One of them is a geneticist that ran a genomics lab. He BLASTed the data and confirmed it. He is catching heck from his superiors though and at this point can't go public. These ate the types of problems we have encountered."

Friday at 7:31pm via mobile · Like ·

Here: http://bf-field-journal.blogspot.com/

Trouble in Paradise

Her supporters in the scientific community in reference to her DNA study can't come forward because of the irreparable harm to their reputations???

Who didn't see that one coming ? No one. No one.

This excuse makes no logical sense whatsoever.

Edited by QuiteContrary

melba_zps3df06aa7.jpg

Welcome back QC, hope all is well and the pic gave you a good lol.

Edited by Stardrive
  • Like 1