Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Secret ties between CIA, drugs revealed

OverSword

From the article:

LOS ANGELES (FinalCall.com) - New evidence has surfaced linking the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency to the introduction of crack cocaine into Black neighborhoods with drug profits used to fund the CIA-backed Nicaraguan Contra army in the early 1980s.

This evidence has given credence to long-held suspicions of the U.S. government's role in undermining Black communities.

http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/National_News_2/Secret_ties_between_CIA_drugs_revealed_2625.shtml

• Like 3

"Inner city youth don't have the resources to manufacture cocaine or ship in guns," Mr. Alphonse said.
"Obviously African American males didn't have planes and boats to move the guns and narcotics into the Black community." Mr. Stuckey said.
BAPAC, a statewide coalition of political activists, has also demanded that the U.S. government provide the necessary funding, materials and labor to rebuild urban areas destroyed by crack cocaine, as well as the necessary medical care, education, counseling, and vocational training to restore shattered lives.

I am not saying it wasn't done, but this article is ******* thin. And it goes on to blame every agency down to local cops.

well local cops have been busted for being a part of drug trafficking quite a few times so its fair to bring them up COUGHrampartscandalCOUGH

• Like 1

This really belongs in Urban Legends until we can prove it. But I can assure you Ive seen some damning evidence of Big Coke dealers getting off in LA because of having ties to the CIA and this continues to today. Not all mind you they are out there.

lol, old news. during taliban rule, only few poppy fields existed, after usa came to afganistan, 100s popped up.

and cops in on drug deals, lol you don't say.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 5

The truth in `Dark Alliance' : The three-part series by reporter Gary Webb linking the CIA and Nicaragua's Contras to the crack cocaine epidemic that ripped through South Los Angeles in the 1980s. (published 2006)

http://articles.lati...nion/oe-schou18

Edited by jugoso
  • Like 3

Alfred McCoy was writing about CIA involvment in opium trafficking in Southeast Asia decades ago. A good friend of mine flew helicopters for Air America in 1971, and was shocked to be told by his superiors to haul opium.

Gary Webb was taken out for exposing the crack thing in California way back when.

Cocaine Importing Agency is what some people call them. :tu:

• Like 2

Both posts are very accurate. And my own education has said the same thing.

• Like 2

OverSword, what exactly are you implying?

That US blacks were specifically targeted with a CIA influx of drugs to "undermine" the black community?

I thought it was just an illegal cash source to fund corrupt super-covert operations. Black, White, Hispanic, whomever.

• Like 1

I thought it was just an illegal cash source to fund corrupt super-covert operations. Black, White, Hispanic, whomever.

it was, and it is, but CIA influx of drugs to "undermine" the black community sounds so CTish, those evil white men,

i'm pretty sure just as much or even more whites hooked on same drugs, and their familys suffer the conciquenses, as blacks.

usa gvmnt doesn't discriminate, they have drugs for everyone.

• Like 1

it was, and it is, but CIA influx of drugs to "undermine" the black community sounds so CTish, those evil white men,

i'm pretty sure just as much or even more whites hooked on same drugs, and their familys suffer the conciquenses, as blacks.

usa gvmnt doesn't discriminate, they have drugs for everyone.

Damn, I must not be on their list. :w00t:

• Like 1

OverSword, what exactly are you implying?

That US blacks were specifically targeted with a CIA influx of drugs to "undermine" the black community?

Hi Palladin,

I posted this thread because on the black gun control thread someone said,

But as for the white racist bit, at the time yes, but this does not explain the BLACK ON BLACK crimes today. They can`t blame the white racists of the past for "making" them shoot each other today!

Then someone else said

no but we can put some blame on the white folks cutting funding of schools building up ****ty projects and running coke and crack through the ghettos and making a killing off their prison systems as they watch them kill one another.

Which some one else refuted so I told them they nee to learn about how the CIA put alot of drugs in the ghetto, and started this thread. That's all.

• Like 1

I think there is a very good possibility that this was indeed the case.

• Like 1

Which some one else refuted so I told them they nee to learn about how the CIA put alot of drugs in the ghetto, and started this thread. That's all.

just gettos????

pretty much anyone that is willing to pay, gets the drugs, you'll be surpriced how much demand for drugs is in rich white areas, and wall street, lol, you have no idea how much they spend on coke, pbly more than all projects combined (since they get cheap crack, coke is not too popular in gettos,).

like i said usa gvmnt does not discriminate.

btw, actually it is mexicos cartels, that make coke, crack is coke +baking soda cooked on the spot by dealers, while poppy that cia grows in afganistan used for opium and heroin,

none of it btw, is as bad in usa as meth, and you can't blame gvmnt for meth. can you?

Edited by aztek

I think there is a very good possibility that this was indeed the case.

if that is the case, so is this. btw, there are planty of blacks in gvmnt, obama is the first one that comes to mind

[media=]

[/media] Edited by aztek

just gettos????

pretty much anyone that is willing to pay, gets the drugs, you'll be surpriced how much demand for drugs is in rich white areas, and wall street, lol, you have no idea how much they spend on coke, pbly more than all projects combined (since they get cheap crack, coke is not too popular in gettos,).

like i said usa gvmnt does not discriminate.

btw, actually it is mexicos cartels, that make coke, crack is coke +baking soda cooked on the spot by dealers, while poppy that cia grows in afganistan used for opium and heroin,

none of it btw, is as bad in usa as meth, and you can't blame gvmnt for meth. can you?

And I suppose that kids in the suberbs had crack way before black kids in the inner city right?
  • Like 1

just gettos????

No but that was where it all started and the people are most susceptible to addictions.

btw, actually it is mexicos cartels, that make coke, crack is coke +baking soda cooked on the spot by dealers,

I think most of the coke is manufactured where the coca leavres are grown (South America) and not in Mexico. THey bring in the finished product not the raw product

• Like 1

have no idea.

do you?

I think it´s been fairly well-documented that crack was an inner-city problem before moving to the suburbs. Don´t have time to look for any links right now but that is my recollection.

I never said it was supposed to be exclusively for blacks..

• Like 1

Even the author of the Mercury News piece claims that his allegations were blown out of context by certain folks with an agenda (black leaders looking to bolster their own coffers and power). The piece received little attention from other media outlets when it was published and the US' 3 major newspapers reviewed the allegations and found the evidence lacking.

The Washington Post weighed in first on October 2, 1996, with a short analysis -- "Running with the CIA Story: Reporter Says Series Didn't Go as Far as Readers Took It" -- noting that the allegation of CIA involvement in drug trafficking in the United States had not actually been made in the article. The Washington Post followed-up two days later, on October 4, 1996, with a story entitled, "The CIA and Crack: Evidence Is Lacking of Alleged Plot." The Washington Post piece concluded that "available information does not support the conclusion that the CIA-backed Contras -- or Nicaraguans in general -- played a major role in the emergence of crack as a narcotic in widespread use across the United States." The Washington Post article mainly addressed the Mercury News series' claims about Ross' and Blandon's roles in the growth of crack cocaine. It did not, for the most part, wrestle with the series' claims about drug dealing by the Contras. The Washington Post noted that the series had been selective in its use of Blandon's testimony to support its claims:

The
Mercury News
uses testimony from Blandon in establishing that Nicaraguans selling drugs in California sent profits to the Contras. But if the whole of Blandon's testimony is to be believed, then the connection is not made between Contras and African American drug dealers because Blandon said he had stopped sending money to the contras by [the time he began selling to Ross].

And if Blandon is to be believed, there is no connection between Contras and the cause of the crack epidemic because Blandon said Ross was already a well-established dealer with several ready sources of supply by the time he started buying cocaine from Blandon.

The Washington Post piece also emphasized apparent contradictions between Ross' and Blandon's accounts. For example, while Blandon claimed to have been a used car salesman in 1982 who on the side sold two kilograms of cocaine for Meneses, Ross said Blandon was instead handling bulk sales of 100 kilograms of cocaine for Meneses at the time. The article did not seek to resolve these issues and merely noted the conflicts.

The Washington Post piece was followed on October 20 and 21, 1996, by two New York Times articles that also found fault with the Mercury News series. One article, "Though Evidence Thin, Tale of CIA and Drugs Has Life of Its Own," primarily reported on the reactions within the black community to the series. The other article, "Pivotal Figure of Newspaper Series May Be Only Bit Player," noted problems with the series' portrayal of Blandon and Meneses. It concluded, after conducting interviews of various unnamed sources:

[W]hile there are indications in American intelligence files and elsewhere that Mr. Meneses and Mr. Blandon may indeed have provided modest support for the rebels, including perhaps some weapons, there is no evidence that either man was a rebel official or had anything to do with the C.I.A. Nor is there proof that the relatively small amounts of cocaine they sometimes claimed to have brokered on behalf of the insurgents had a remotely significant role in the explosion of crack that began around the same time.

After reportedly assigning three editors and fourteen reporters to the story, the Los Angeles Times published its own three-part analysis of the Mercury News piece, which ran from October 20 to October 22, 1996. The Los Angeles Times concentrated on three claims raised by the Mercury News series: 1) that a drug ring related to the CIA had sent millions of dollars to the Contras; 2) that the same drug ring had created a cocaine epidemic in South Central Los Angeles and other United States cities, and 3) that the CIA had approved a plan for the ring to raise money for the Contras through drug trafficking or had deliberately turned a blind eye to the drug ring's activities. The Los Angeles Times found that "the available evidence, based on an extensive review of court documents and more than 100 interviews in San Francisco, Los Angeles, Washington and Managua, fails to support any of those allegations."

Read more here: http://www.justice.gov/oig/special/9712/ch01p1.htm

Holy Cow, Rafterman, I'm amazed to discover that the mainstream media would do the bidding of the CIA or any other government branch! :w00t:

• Like 3

I think most of the coke is manufactured where the coca leavres are grown (South America) and not in Mexico. THey bring in the finished product not the raw product

lol, sure, and cartels in mexico make toys, and don't smuggle drugs, get real,

crack is made on the spot by dealers from coke. google it.

Edited by aztek