Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I don't want to go to Disney world anymore

OverSword

'I don't want to go to Disney World anymore': Parents' fury as TSA agents detain their crying wheelchair-bound daughter, THREE, and confiscate her stuffed animal

• Forck family was flying from Missouri to Orlando, Florida for vacation
  • Three-year-old daughter, Lucy, was detained for further testing ahead of family's February 8 flight
  • Stuffed animal 'Lamby' was confiscated
  • Lucy suffers from spinal bifida and is in a wheelchair
  • TSA later admitted girl should never have been threatened with patdown

The parents of a toddler with spinal bifida are outraged after TSA officials forced their daughter to undergo a series of additional security measures ahead of their flight to Disney World.

Nathan and Annie Forck were flying out of their home state of Missouri on a February 8 flight bound for Orlando, Florida with their wheelchair-bound daughter Lucy and their two other children.

Mrs Forck took a six-minute video detailing their toddler’s cries as she said through tears that she didn’t want to go to Disney World anymore, and is claiming the TSA discriminates against people who use mobility devices.

http://www.dailymail...ost_read_module

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 1

Her stuffed animal, ‘Lamby,’ had been scanned via X-ray and had not been returned to her.

So where is the bit about the stuffed toy filled with explosives? there is not one, so why the heck did they have to do this?

The Transportation Security Administration was formed in early 2002 following the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Did she look like a terrorist? did for family resemble muslim fundamentalists? NO!!!

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1

did for family resemble muslim fundamentalists? NO!!!

If they did, they'd have been passed right on through.

• Like 4

The TSA. Killing tourist numbers to America since 2002. I am surprised that there is not outrage at unreasonable searches without cause as it is against the constitution. To bad people wanted their rights squashed for some percieved enhancement of safety.

• Like 5

Poor little girl, they probably scared her! She's just a baby, for crying out loud! They should have offered to let mom or dad hold her if they wanted to do a pat down so badly. I would feel the same way mom did, I wouldn't want any stranger touching my child.

• Like 1

. To bad people wanted their rights squashed for some percieved enhancement of safety.

it isn't like ppl were asked to choose.

are you from usa?, where you asked?

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

It was all over the news here this morning. The vid of her was heartbreaking

• Like 2

**** like this is what makes me think the "America is becoming a Fascist State" people might well be nutters, but they might be nutters who are right.

• Like 8

Aztek, you react this way to any criticism of the US, calm down, we all complain about our own countries and there have been many Americans who make jibes at other countries in the news. That is why we are all here, to voice opinions and to read other people's opinions. They are not personal attacks towards you, but towards certain issues.

• Like 3

No. But i saw a few youtube videos just after the tsa started to gain public attention, with a few protesters gathering signatures. They mostly encountered people who thought it was vital to prevent another 9/11, which at the time made sense. If there was widespread protest of the tsa at that time, i doubt it would still be around.

• Like 1

No. But i saw a few youtube videos just after the tsa started to gain public attention, with a few protesters gathering signatures. They mostly encountered people who thought it was vital to prevent another 9/11, which at the time made sense. If there was widespread protest of the tsa at that time, i doubt it would still be around.

There are still a lot of us that are protesting the TSA and refuse to spend money to go though their checkpoints.

• Like 1

There are still a lot of us that are protesting the TSA and refuse to spend money to go though their checkpoints.

forgive my ignorance, so does that mean you do not fly? Or can you get around them somehow?

forgive my ignorance, so does that mean you do not fly? Or can you get around them somehow?

I couldn't get around them on my trip to Ireland. To be honest, that may be the last time I fly. It wasn't traumatic, but it goes against my principles. There are so many places in the US I haven't explored and could probably spend a lifetime traveling to. At this point I don't see any reason not to take advantage of the places closer to home. The US is very vast...

• Like 2

I couldn't get around them on my trip to Ireland. To be honest, that may be the last time I fly. It wasn't traumatic, but it goes against my principles. There are so many places in the US I haven't explored and could probably spend a lifetime traveling to. At this point I don't see any reason not to take advantage of the places closer to home. The US is very vast...

I see. All of North America is amazing, we have a lot of beautiful places here.

• Like 4

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane I'm going on then I will stand in line, I will take my shoes off, and I will get patted down by any tired grumpy tsa she-agent there is...because I don't want to go out that way. And trust me, I've been in some lines from hell... O'Hare for one... that was so long I wanted to lie on the ground and have the people behind me just roll me when we moved.

I do think they should not have touched the 3 year old baby. There are other ways they could have handled that situation. I saw, at O'Hare (I saw a lot since the line was so long) a wheelchair that they transferred people into then they went through the scanner, the personal chairs got inspected then the person was transferred back into their own chair. Tedious but simple enough.

Do I even need to mention LAX?? I think I'm STILL in line!!!

Edited by Lava_Lady
  • Like 1

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane .......

but it doesn't, many times reporters tested the tsa, by bringing banned items on the plane, in most cases they were not stopped. quite a few ppl brought laded guns thru tsa checkpoints.

• Like 1

i drive around usa, when i go overseas i fly,

i have never had any problems with tsa, yet

there are things you can do to make your tsa check in painless and fast, when you give ppl what they ask for, they will be cooperative.you just need to exploit human nature, that is exactly how ordinary ppl, and reporters brought banned stuff on the plane.

Edited by aztek

If it works to catch would be terrorists, high jackers, & other people bringing dangerous things onto the plane I'm going on then I will stand in line, I will take my shoes off, and I will get patted down by any tired grumpy tsa she-agent there is...because I don't want to go out that way. And trust me, I've been in some lines from hell... O'Hare for one... that was so long I wanted to lie on the ground and have the people behind me just roll me when we moved.

See, I'm willing to accept that risk when I fly.

Personally, I think the best solution would be a combination: You can have high security flights, or you can chose the standard security flights. That way, those that don't want to want to get treated like a prison inmate to fly somewhere don't have to.

Also, the risk of people hijacking the low security flight and flying it into a building can be avoided by people simply doing their jobs: ie: if the plane is hijacked, a button is pressed that alerts NORAD, or if the plane deviates from its intended flight plan, NORAD is alerted.

• Like 2

but it doesn't, many times reporters tested the tsa, by bringing banned items on the plane, in most cases they were not stopped. quite a few ppl brought laded guns thru tsa checkpoints.

Really? Wow. I feel very lucky that I've made it off the planes alive!

What the HELL is with this I hate America position by half a dozen members here on UM.

Now you guys have p***ed me off. Be prepared for un unmerciful slaughter(with words only) wherevever I find you.

Edited by pallidin
  • Like 2