Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The EU is on the blitz against Eurosceptics.

Professor T

They have joined because they see the benefit it has brought to the countries who have already joined. Structural adjustment acts like a long term loan - that is all and everyone understands the deal.

Br Cornelius

LoL, do you honestly think that the likes of Albania,Bulgaria,Macedonia etcetera, if /when they get a "long term loan" as you put it,will be able to pay it back( With Interest ), you're having a laugh.These countries have been scratting around for years on the poverty line,and if they do get any handouts it will go straight into the Pockets (Banks) of their Dictators,and the people will never see the benefits.Who bailed out your country by the way ?.

LoL, do you honestly think that the likes of Albania,Bulgaria,Macedonia etcetera, if /when they get a "long term loan" as you put it,will be able to pay it back( With Interest ), you're having a laugh.These countries have been scratting around for years on the poverty line,and if they do get any handouts it will go straight into the Pockets (Banks) of their Dictators,and the people will never see the benefits.Who bailed out your country by the way ?.

Nice.

Those corrupt foreign Johnnys. meanwhile we all turn a blind eye to the white collar corruption which takes place every day in the square mile and systematically robs the world - so much cleaner, so much nicer :w00t:

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

Wow.. 6 1/2 pages of Eurosceptics and Europhiles going at each other like it's a free-for-all chest beating exersize. :lol:

I guess this is a good point to remind everyone what this thread is all about, and that is that the European union are consciously going to send out into these forums trolls who will seek out Eurosceptics & attack their logic in these threads.. They will try to influcence Public opinion in these threads.. They are worse than the Spam posters we already get now because these guy's & gals will be disguising their pro EU Agenda as healthy Debate..

If it does happen here...

How on Earth are we supposed to filter out these EU Spam Posters from real EU supporters?

These I think are the rules the EU will be breaking if they come here to UM..

• 3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.
  • 3j. Thread derailment: Do not derail or 'hijack' threads with posts that are either off-topic or designed to draw attention away from what is being discussed
  • 3k. Forum warfare: Do not initiate or participate in "wars" with other members. Collective or individual attempts to attack, accuse, discredit or force a certain viewpoint on other members are disallowed. A "war" can constitute a prolonged series of disruptive confrontations between specific members or groups of members with similar beliefs or views, usually with either side accusing the other of being the aggressor and attacking, criticising and baiting each other on a regular basis. Action will be taken against members who instigate or participate in this type of activity.
  • 5d. Topic bashing: Do not enter a thread just to shout "fake!" or to state point blank that "x does not exist". Elaborate on your response

Wow.. 6 1/2 pages of Eurosceptics and Europhiles going at each other like it's a free-for-all chest beating exersize. :lol:

I guess this is a good point to remind everyone what this thread is all about, and that is that the European union are consciously going to send out into these forums trolls who will seek out Eurosceptics & attack their logic in these threads.. They will try to influcence Public opinion in these threads.. They are worse than the Spam posters we already get now because these guy's & gals will be disguising their pro EU Agenda as healthy Debate..

How on Earth are we supposed to filter out these EU Spam Posters from real EU supporters?

I suppose to sell a dead Donkey,they have to use what means they have or unload it on UK Supermarkets.

• Like 1

that's correct, yes, look at a map. To the left: the US, Canada & the countries in Western Europe that were part of NATO. To the right: The Warsaw Pact. In the middle, and militarily irrelevant, the EU. LOL why?

Got no idea what EU in the middle and militarily irrelevant you're referring to. :unsure2: Maybe Switzerland, but they're the only ones that aren't part of the EU.

Anyway, lets assume you're pulling my leg and that you know NATO and the Warsaw Pact are/were military alliances created to safeguard their borders from invaders from the opposite side. Let's also assume you know that the EU is composed of most NATO and Warsaw Pact members minus the US, Russia and Canada.

I suppose it is debatable whether the EU should be given the full credit for 60 years of peace, or rather NATO and the Warsaw Pact members of the time, who dealt with maintaining peace by pointing something like 80,000 nuclear warheads at each other towards the 80's. The US alone had close to a third (10,000 out of 35,000) in bases in Europe during the cold war. Basically, a bit like trying to light a match in the dark inside a canister of gas. Or maybe, as the US posters on UM would want you to believe, more weapons = more security and less danger.

Then again, the EU did win the 2012 Nobel Prize for 60 years of Peace in Europe so let's give credit where credit is due and not try to burst even that bubble shall we?

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

No, it was left to NATO, meaning once again the US being persuaded to join in a European conflict, as usual.

You're just clutching at straws. Yugoslavia wasn't part of the EU.

Russia isn't part of the EU, should the EU intervene in Chechnya?

3i. Forum groups: The formation or promotion of organised groups, clans or gangs is disallowed.

Well I'm complaining because Steve Win, Lord Vet and Bob the Potato are ganging up on Cornelius. :td:

Edited by BlackRedLittleDevil

Got no idea what EU in the middle and militarily irrelevant you're referring to. :unsure2: Maybe Switzerland, but they're the only ones that aren't part of the EU.

Anyway, lets assume you're pulling my leg and that you know NATO and the Warsaw Pact are/were military alliances created to safeguard their borders from invaders from the opposite side. Let's also assume you know that the EU is composed of most NATO and Warsaw Pact members minus the US, Russia and Canada.

I suppose it is debatable whether the EU should be given the full credit for 60 years of peace, or rather NATO and the Warsaw Pact members of the time, who dealt with maintaining peace by pointing something like 80,000 nuclear warheads at each other towards the 80's. The US alone had close to a third (10,000 out of 35,000) in bases in Europe during the cold war. Basically, a bit like trying to light a match in the dark inside a canister of gas. Or maybe, as the US posters on UM would want you to believe, more weapons = more security and less danger.

Then again, the EU did win the 2012 Nobel Prize for 60 years of Peace in Europe so let's give credit where credit is due and not try to burst even that bubble shall we?

is it really a difficult concept to understand? Try pulling up a Map and having a study of it. NATO is on the left, consisting of the US, Canada, & most of the western European nations. Whether or not those European nations were also EU members was irrelevant, since the EU had no influence over military policy and no say whatever over anything NATO did. Consequently, the EU was militarily irrelevant, and was also, geographically speaking, in the middle between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. Therefore, the EU's claim to have prevented War and preserved Peace for 60 years is irrelevant, and quite possibly mendacious, since it was nothing to do with them.

Then again, the EU did win the 2012 Nobel Prize for 60 years of Peace in Europe

Indeed, but then, barack Obama did in 2009. :-/

• Like 1

You're just clutching at straws. Yugoslavia wasn't part of the EU.

Russia isn't part of the EU, should the EU intervene in Chechnya?

yes, that's the point. The Glorious Empire was only able to stop germany from invading France again (if there was ever any possibility that post-1945 Germany would ever want to again). It could do nothing to presevre Peace anywhere that was not part of the Empire. So its boast to have Prserved the Peace of Europe is somewhat mendacious.

Nice.

Those corrupt foreign Johnnys. meanwhile we all turn a blind eye to the white collar corruption which takes place every day in the square mile and systematically robs the world - so much cleaner, so much nicer :w00t:

Br Cornelius

Deploying the cutting edge weapon of Sarcasm again?

• Like 1

is it really a difficult concept to understand? Try pulling up a Map and having a study of it. NATO is on the left, consisting of the US, Canada, & most of the western European nations. Whether or not those European nations were also EU members was irrelevant, since the EU had no influence over military policy and no say whatever over anything NATO did. Consequently, the EU was militarily irrelevant, and was also, geographically speaking, in the middle between NATO and the Warsaw Pact. Therefore, the EU's claim to have prevented War and preserved Peace for 60 years is irrelevant, and quite possibly mendacious, since it was nothing to do with them.

Then again, the EU did win the 2012 Nobel Prize for 60 years of Peace in Europe

Indeed, but then, barack Obama did in 2009. :-/

They maintained peace within the EU nations - which is all that was claimed, and bringing in NATO is the irrelivance here.

Br Cornelius

yes, that's the point. The Glorious Empire was only able to stop germany from invading France again (if there was ever any possibility that post-1945 Germany would ever want to again). It could do nothing to presevre Peace anywhere that was not part of the Empire. So its boast to have Prserved the Peace of Europe is somewhat mendacious.

We all have our prisms through which we view the world, I just find that particular one to be particularly offensive and partial. Corruption comes in many shapes and sizes, and sometime the worst kind is hidden in plain sight under our noses.

Br Cornelius

They maintained peace within the EU nations - which is all that was claimed, and bringing in NATO is the irrelivance here.

Br Cornelius

Then the Empire's claim to have preserved peace in Europe is irrelevant, and possibly mendacious, isn't it, since Germany was never seriously likely to invade France (or Russia) again, and the real balance of power was held by NATO & the WP.

We all have our prisms through which we view the world, I just find that particular one to be particularly offensive and partial. Corruption comes in many shapes and sizes, and sometime the worst kind is hidden in plain sight under our noses.

Br Cornelius

Sorry, which particular prism? Could you clarify?

Then the Empire's claim to have preserved peace in Europe is irrelevant, and possibly mendacious, isn't it, since Germany was never seriously likely to invade France (or Russia) again, and the real balance of power was held by NATO & the WP.

There is no way to know what might have happened if Europe hadn't set out with the mission to preserve peace within Europe now is there.

Br Cornelius

Sorry, which particular prism? Could you clarify?

There was a particularly offensive comment made about how all those poor periphery countries riddled with corruption were after our honest pound (through structural funding) and had no intention of becoming honest contributing members of the EU - thats was the prism that was been used and which I was commenting on.

The point is, corruption is everywhere, but some is far more obvious than others. The UK is the very spider on the web of transnational financial corruption which has robbed billions from across the world, and the UK Government wants to protect those corrupt institutions because it draws down a subsantial part of its income from those corrupt activities.

Br Cornelius

Edited by Guest

There is no way to know what might have happened if Europe hadn't set out with the mission to preserve peace within Europe now is there.

Br Cornelius

if the two postwar power blocs hadn't developed, the EU's mission to preserve peace in Europe might have had some relevance, but as it was it was completely irrelevant; it's rather like the U.S. Govt. being given a Peace prize for preventing the North & South from going to war again.

• Like 1

All those poor periphery countries riddled with corruption - after our honest pound - thats was the prism that was been used and which I was commenting on.

Br Cornelius

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post, then? I never mentioned anything to do with that in the post you quoted.

if the two postwar power blocs hadn't developed, the EU's mission to preserve peace in Europe might have had some relevance, but as it was it was completely irrelevant; it's rather like the U.S. Govt. being given a Peace prize for preventing the North & South from going to war again.

Not really, NATO was about creating a barrier between Russia and America, it had very little to do with the potential internal conflicts of Europe, and I doubt very much it would have got involved even if it was interested.

Br Cornelius

I was responding to

Perhaps you quoted the wrong post, then? I never mentioned anything to do with that in the post you quoted.

I was responding to a post by spud the mackem so the confusion is entirely yours :tu:

Br Cornelius

I was responding to

I was responding to a post by spud the mackem so the confusion is entirely yours :tu:

Br Cornelius

No, you quoted my post, so therefore I think it must be on your side that the confusion must have originated.

Well I'm complaining because Steve Win, Lord Vet and Bob the Potato are ganging up on Cornelius. :td:

They're expressing their opinions about the EU.

Br's not trolling for the EU.. He's just incredibly misguided about what most folk here think about the EU.

Edited by Professor T

No, you quoted my post, so therefore I think it must be on your side that the confusion must have originated.

Go back and look, its Spud post not yours.

Br Cornelius

They're expressing their opinions about the EU.

Br's not trolling for the EU.. He's just incredibly misguided about what most folk here think about the EU.

I think that most folks have been misguided by a powerful media with a conservative agenda - but that just my opinion.

Most people are happy to ignore the benefits they have gained from membership of the EU in the face of a global economic catastrophy which was precipitated by massive deregulation of the financial markets. This was not caused by the EU, it was caused by a faulty economic philosphy that swept the world. Mis-attribution is what is going on here, and its a fine slight of hand from the Euroskeptic media which has caused it.

Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius