Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

$100,000 Reward for Proof of an ET Spacecraft

Still Waters

I put up a Paris Hilton wallpaper in the office on my screen, all the girls got really wound up! I explained her as a poorly misunderstood girl who just needs someone to show her the way, and that a little understanding with her would go a long way. And deep down, I am sure she is a real sweetheart.

Damn it's fun watching the reactions :devil:

ROFLMAO! About the only thing I can see she's good for is serving as a bad example. I think she'd even mess that up.

• Like 1

But if you just hand over a piece and it is determined Alien, then you are in the ball park for the asking price on the rest of the "whatever it may be" (ray gun, spaceship, communicator or something)

Imagine that auction!

Cheers.

That's only if the SDC doesn't get to you first with their Microwave Mind Blaster* (MMB), y'know. :whistle:

* Also known as a Microwave Mind Melter (MMM) but Monsanto Mining & Manufacturing (3M) kinda got upset about that name.

Seriously, if you have an item and you hand over a small piece of it, life could get very, very exciting once it was verified. But who would you hand it over to? If I wanted it to go to NASA, I'd probably have to go up to the top of Mauna Kea so I'd probably take it to UH's Physics department first. It's not top line or even second tier but at least the folks there have a clue and would recognize that Something Just Ain't Right about it. From there, who knows but I'd want to go with it where ever it heads next, especially if someone else is picking up the tab. :tsu: After verification, I want my daughter to be cured, otherwise it's my toy and I will take it back home with me. (Watch all the FTBs and CTists jump out and tell me how that ain't gonna happen. :yes:)

As to the big piece ... if no cure then it's a decoration. If she is cured, the fun can commence. :clap:

• Like 1

Yep. Haven't heard a lot about Mr. Element 115 of late, have we. He's got that chemical etc supply store up in Michigan and even there he got into trouble. The saving grace is that he's got some pretty cool stuff and I may actually place an order or two. :yes:

United Nuclear? I have seen the site, not had a decent browse yet, any particularly good toys? I must get back to that radio telescope project, kinda hit the ground running this year.

I suspect a ray gun might be too much to ask of Bob.

I've not seen Our Dear Miss Bee for a while. Maybe I'm on the wrong threads. How's she doing?

I saw her in the CT section the other day pushing some craziness about the towers being brought down by a death ray not planes. No change there.

And you're a (step-)grampa with a new granddaughter to spoil most outrageously. And you nkow bloody well she'll have you twisted around her little finger in no time flat. :tu::D

Edit to fix a mi-located quote thingie

Already underway, before she got home I had bought a baby monitor with fancy stars lights it projects on the ceiling, built in lullabies and a range monitor to tell Mum if she is walking out of range :D In pink too. Being premmy it's a very small finger, but yes, sufficiently wrapped around it already. As if her Mum didn't have me there already! :D

ROFLMAO! About the only thing I can see she's good for is serving as a bad example. I think she'd even mess that up.

Seriously mate, you have to try it. The reactions are priceless. The girls get real upset over it, I think my record for a straight face is 4 and 1/2 minutes. Then the fun really starts!!

Edited by psyche101

That's only if the SDC doesn't get to you first with their Microwave Mind Blaster* (MMB), y'know. :whistle:

* Also known as a Microwave Mind Melter (MMM) but Monsanto Mining & Manufacturing (3M) kinda got upset about that name.

Cover up!!!!!!

Nah, just wanted to now what it felt like. Nothing special really.

Seriously, if you have an item and you hand over a small piece of it, life could get very, very exciting once it was verified. But who would you hand it over to? If I wanted it to go to NASA, I'd probably have to go up to the top of Mauna Kea so I'd probably take it to UH's Physics department first. It's not top line or even second tier but at least the folks there have a clue and would recognize that Something Just Ain't Right about it. From there, who knows but I'd want to go with it where ever it heads next, especially if someone else is picking up the tab. :tsu: After verification, I want my daughter to be cured, otherwise it's my toy and I will take it back home with me. (Watch all the FTBs and CTists jump out and tell me how that ain't gonna happen. :yes:)

My little sister spent some time in the RAAF, but I reckon with something like this I would go to the biggest philanthropist I could find, here in Oz I would probably approach someone like Dick Smith, or in the states, maybe Ricard Branson? I woud want some sort of rights I would think, not something you would outright sell, but sell the right to study possibly. If any products emerge you would want even 2% cut of that. It sure would be good to see a major breakthrough in medecine and or energy. Like wining the lottery I would think.

As to the big piece ... if no cure then it's a decoration. If she is cured, the fun can commence. :clap:

If it is no cure, lets take em back where they came from!

Okay, I ain't Psyche and I don't even play him on the telly but I'm gonna take a shot anyway.

I think you two are quite similar actually in some ways.

What we use for resistors now is far and beyond what was available around the beginning of the 20th century. If someone from that era were to pick up a resistor as used now - metal film, for example - they'd think it some era-appropriate parallel to alien technology, definitely advanced beyond anything that could be produced at the time. An SMD resistor would drive them into a mad frenzy even if they could identify its function. Or maybe especially. If we find some piece of technology that is far and beyond anything we can even imagine let alone reproduce, that's a good starting point. It would be to us as that metal film or SMD resistor would be to someone a century ago.

yes but that is what it would be a starting point...not proof of visitation. How do you get the transistor into the context of secret technology? I thought by default secret technology is just that secret, so how do we compare how advanced it is in comparison with our best tech when the best tech is an unknown, at least in public?

The real problem comes in someone with no knowledge of technology identifying it as something that can't be reproduced here. To him/her, it's just a piece of junk that needs to be deposited in the nearest bin. Or used as a decoration in a flower arrangement or as a mantelpiece if it's pretty enough. The same would be true of that resistor mentioned before. Someone who had no grasp on technology would have just dropped it in a bin as junk lying around waiting to be binned. Unfortunately folks like that outnumber those who do have a handle on technology - or enough of one to see that what they found was somehow special - by a vast margin. As a result, unless it can be even indirectly identified with an alien craft of some order, the majority of the population wont know the difference.

But then, there are things like the piece of HV cable Psyche mentioned previously. Non-alien tech has been misidentified by people unfamiliar with current technology and the FTBs latched onto it as "undeniable proof" of an alien presence. This complicates things by adding chaff to the wheat that must be sorted through to get to that rare nugget, if one exists at all. All it would take is one and, thus far, it hasn't made an appearance to anyone who is knowledgeable enough to know "it somehow ain't right."

the bolded is exaclty what I was saying how do we compare the resistor with the best known human tech...and then apply a time frame to the difference?

Hello, my friend.

Yep. You're an investigator and one well respected by us skeptical types. In fact, I believe we're on the same side of the fence but just see with different eyes.

thanks, as I have said before I think a majority of people are skeptical, we just all interperet evidence in different ways.

A cure for my daughter.

That sounds as worthy a cause as any.

A permanent one so she can again have a happy and healthy life. Without that, it's just something to put on a shelf. However, that's just me. Going with those who'd be interested, to different people it would have different value and/or meaning. Some would see it as a golden key to untold riches and others would be happy to donate it to whomever for analysis etc. And some would destroy or at least hide it out of fear of some reprisal for even temporary possession whether real or, more likely, imagined. I don't think there's an easy way to set a value on it. How much is fifteen minutes of fame worth these days?

for you yes, it seems you have your priorities in order, with two daughters of my own I hear you loud and clear.

the 100k though is pitted against the golden key to untold riched, therefore my lottery analogy works in that 100k is meaningless in comparison to potential income form proof 100%.

Giddy Q

Been too long my friend.

Natural Abundance mate ;)

Shh, Friedman I think you mean, but I did not say that lol.

Gidday mate,

seems like my absense has been detremental to my thinking...lol yes indeed it was ofcourse Friedman...I think I still had Hynek and tjose tapes for the Father Gills case on my mind.... (or at least thats my excuse and im sticking with it)

LINK - Wikipedia:

In chemistry, natural abundance (NA) refers to the abundance of isotopes of a chemical element as naturally found on a planet. The relative atomic mass (a weighted average) of these isotopes is the atomic weight listed for the element in the periodic table. The abundance of an isotope varies from planet to planet, and even from place to place on the Earth, but remains relatively constant in time.

As an example, uranium has three naturally occurring isotopes: 238U, 235U and 234U. Their respective NA range from 99.2739 - 99.2752%, 0.7198 - 0.7202%, and 0.0050 - 0.0059%.[1] For example, if 100,000 uranium atoms were analyzed, one would expect to find approximately 99,275 238U atoms, 720 235U atoms, and no more than 5 or 6 234U atoms. This is because 238U is much more stable than 235U or 234U, as the half-life of each isotope reveals: 4.468×109 years for 238U compared to 7.038×108 years for 235U and 245,500 years for 234U. However, the natural abundance of a given isotope is also affected by the probability of its creation in nucleosynthesis (as in the case of samarium; radioactive 147Sm and 148Sm are much more abundant than stable 144Sm) and by production of a given isotope by natural radioactive isotopes (as in the case of radiogenic isotopes of lead).

Isotopic ratios are easily acquired in a lab, not all that expensive either. This will determine 100% for sure if a resistor is an alien one. Life too has independent biosignatures. Finding life on say Europa does not particularly mean it is "alien"in the true sense of the word, that is if it originated here, and was transported to Europa perhaps by panspermia or similar, then it is not truly Alien.

I think this is a fair point, however I would challenge it to this extent: if a piece of material is found with a make up of isotopes not found here on Earth (before) would you class this as:

1- alien life

2- alien visitation

3- ET origin of 'material'

? all, one , none or any other combo of the above?

But if you just hand over a piece and it is determined Alien, then you are in the ball park for the asking price on the rest of the "whatever it may be" (ray gun, spaceship, communicator or something)

Imagine that auction!

Cheers.

but what if all you have is one piece.....would this ever be enough?.

Go raid Area 51. I'm sure the $100,000 will be very nice in the many years after you're put in jail for invading a military site that may or may not have something alien related in it.

Go raid Area 51. I'm sure the $100,000 will be very nice in the many years after you're put in jail for invading a military site that may or may not have something alien related in it.

what 100k? :)

Gidday mate,

seems like my absense has been detremental to my thinking...lol yes indeed it was ofcourse Friedman...I think I still had Hynek and tjose tapes for the Father Gills case on my mind.... (or at least thats my excuse and im sticking with it)

Accepted :D

I think this is a fair point, however I would challenge it to this extent: if a piece of material is found with a make up of isotopes not found here on Earth (before) would you class this as:

1- alien life

2- alien visitation

3- ET origin of 'material'

? all, one , none or any other combo of the above?

That would depend on obvious manufacture or not, an alien resistor? Yes, A piece of metal? No. A simple piece of metal could be from a meteor. Could someone get a meteor, take the metal, and manufacture an artifact? That could be a real spanner in the works, but it would get attention. However, if it is part of something bigger, it will not be hard to prove the tech is Alien I would think.

but what if all you have is one piece.....would this ever be enough?.

Again, depending on appearance, if obvious manufacture not by our means I think we have a starter. If only one alien nut or bolt that could have been fashioned from an unknown meteorite, it would be in doubt. But still compelling.

Edited by psyche101

100K will be about worth 3cents by the time we get Real evidence of a UFO,OR E.T ! :gun:

I say Lets all fly off this rock and Set out with the Posse Looking for those little Green buggers !

Sorry but the Aliens are paying me more to keep their secret.

• Like 1

Hey guys, just stopping by for a minute. James Fox has a FB page and on there, he says that they'll be providing additional details about the reward at the 2013 UFO Congress, which if I used google correctly, is this weekend. Here's what he had to say:

We are anticipating the vast majority will be hoaxes or swamp gas (LOL) but lets hope that a small percentage (or maybe less than 1%) will be the real thing...then it will have all been worth while.

No one loses rights to anything ever. If we decide it's authentic (real) not hoaxed and is impressive enough for the film but not for the $100,000 prize then we will make an offer that's fair for both parties. I don't like money being the deciding factor for anything but the truth is, people respond to money more than anything else and yes someone else will profit from others either way.

If it's ambiguous, blurry, without points of reference, on odd light in a pitch black field, then please don't bother sending. We are looking for something up close, in focus, preferably taken from military officials or from well researched cases like Bentwaters, Varghinia, or Phoenix lights. This does not mean we are not considering others, just giving some examples of what we're after. Many thanks.

we will have the best visual FX expert we can obtain...that's for sure, but we are not intending to base our findings on a picture or piece of video but when you match it with credible testimony form military officials around the world then you begin to have a more complete picture...and I never used the word alien space craft, Huffington Post did that. I mean if we have the best proof possible that flying saucers, UFOs exist then someone is going to have some serious explaining to do.

PS how are we supposed to know where they're from? It's either all terrestrial activity or it's not...and if it's not then we're not alone.

He also responded to one poster (I couldn't read what she had to say, but apparently she was recounting some sort of sighting/experience and photographic proof) that "I'm sure more dollars could be found."

I suspect that this stunt is more about publicity for the new movie which does sound intriguing, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. From what he had to say above, though, they seem to be pretty serious about the type of evidence that they will accept.

• Like 1

LOL

Indeed. I like this one (pp. 7 and 8):

Scanning electron microscope (SEM) images were taken of all of the samples, at magnification ranging

from 25X to 15,000X. Higher magnifications were not used because a problem was encountered in

focusing on these samples at higher magnification. The focusing problem was of sufficient magnitude to

preclude the use of magnifications greater than 15,000X.

Say what? Is their equipment broken or what? How can one not focus? We regularly do such and I have yet to encounter that problem. Oh well, the rest of the report aren't exactly of the quality I would expect if I sent a sample for analysis.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

Steve Colbern Author of Lab Analysis of metal samples......http://www.linkedin....lbern/20/80/6b7

So? A linked profile only goes so far - his work has to speak for itself. And sadly it does.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

"Not of This Earth"...UFO researcher Art Campbell rediscovers 1947 UFO Crash Site on the Plains Of San Augustine,New Mexico....http://ufocrashbook....ufo_midwest.pdf

PP. 10:

The results of the pendulum test indicate that samples W-1 and W-6 may still be emitting gravitational, or magnetic energy, which greatly increases the probability these samples are nanotechnological “smart metals” and of probable alien origin as well.

Say what? And how was that measured? Good grief! Frankly, that article is junk from start to end.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

"Not of This Earth"...UFO researcher Art Campbell rediscovers 1947 UFO Crash Site on the Plains Of San Augustine,New Mexico....http://ufocrashbook....ufo_midwest.pdf

You've already put this one up and I called it buried garbage. That upset you so to "prove" the claims you put up that BS "analysis". Bade's already responded to it but I'll add that I can't see anything to alter what I said. It's just trash that got buried out in the middle of nowhere, probably from White Sands. Did you even bother to actually read that analysis or were you too busy being an FTB to do so? If you did read it, do you have the background to understand it? In fact, do you have any sort of background in science and/or engineering at all?

• Like 1

You've already put this one up and I called it buried garbage. That upset you so to "prove" the claims you put up that BS "analysis". Bade's already responded to it but I'll add that I can't see anything to alter what I said. It's just trash that got buried out in the middle of nowhere, probably from White Sands. Did you even bother to actually read that analysis or were you too busy being an FTB to do so? If you did read it, do you have the background to understand it? In fact, do you have any sort of background in science and/or engineering at all?

Yeah, if I got an analysis that shoddy back I would refuse to pay for it. It is pretty bad.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

PP. 10:

Say what? And how was that measured? Good grief! Frankly, that article is junk from start to end.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi, Bade, and welcome to the ward ... er, thread. Meteorlima is thoroughly convinced that the St. Augustin Plains site is a definite UFO crash and no one - absolutely no one - will convince him otherwise. All those trace elements that don't add up to squat? Oooh, Alien Tech! I say surface contaminants and/or contaminants in the base alloy.

Yeah, if I got an analysis that shoddy back I would refuse to pay for it. It is pretty bad.

It's not just shoddy work it's ludicrous. But it was also done by another FTB so I guess we should expect that.

Hmmm ... not being able to focus at magnifications higher than x15,000 ... or discovering that higher magnifications pretty much sealed the deal of a lack of alien manufacture. I loved the one conclusion when it was determined to be pretty basic aluminum - not satisfactory for primary structure of an alien craft but definitely good for an interior bulkhead. Oh, My Freakin' Gawd! Where do these people come from?

• Like 1

Indeed. I like this one (pp. 7 and 8):

Say what? Is their equipment broken or what? How can one not focus? We regularly do such and I have yet to encounter that problem. Oh well, the rest of the report aren't exactly of the quality I would expect if I sent a sample for analysis.

Cheers,

Badeskov

I was quite taken with the visual dating. All pieces submitted are apparently dated to 1947. I'd love to see that determined.

He seems to be fond of that particular excuse, he used it when he had an Alien hair sample.

Steve Colbern's Preliminary Analysis

The following comments and images relate directly to the hair Erik and I found, saved and then mailed some time later toSteve Colbern. The hair remained in the zip lock style bag and was placed into a mailing envelope and then mailed directly to his lab.

Steve Colbern: "After seeing the sample at 500X magnification, I think it might be a real hair, but with a much finer cellular structure than most human hairs; of course more tests will still have to be done to make sure of this."

LINK

• Like 1

Steve Colbern Author of Lab Analysis of metal samples......http://www.linkedin....lbern/20/80/6b7

LOL, I have a Linked in profile, you write it yourself.

How's this for a reference?

Fugitive Colbern Is Ordered to Return to California to Face Weapons Charge

The 35-year-old biochemist has been held without bond in a federal facility in Phoenix since May 12. He was arrested that day in Oatman, Ariz., on charges stemming from his scuffle with federal marshals who had tracked him there.

John Hannah, Colbern's lawyer, told reporters after the hearing that he does not believe his client is connected with the bombing.

The U.S. attorney's office has refused to comment on any possible link between Colbern's arrest and the Oklahoma terrorist attack.

At an earlier court hearing, U.S. Atty. Janet Napalitano said Colbern's case in Arizona was based only on charges stemming from his arrest.

Colbern was arrested in July in Upland during a traffic stop. Police said Colbern was found carrying a knife and an illegal weapon. When an officer attempted to arrest Colbern, he put up such a struggle that five other officers were needed to subdue him, according to court records.

In Colbern's car, officers said they found an array of firearms and ammunition.

LINK

• Like 1

I cannot see in that article where it mentioned the samples found in the abandoned camp fire. But I think we might know why that detail was omitted?

• Like 1