Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I saw a white owl with black eyes.

xXSolemnDemonXx

Lately, I've been feeling strange. In the middle of the night, I feel really uneasy. I feel like someone is watching me or that something isn't right. I've been waking up to banging on my window. Electronics sometimes act really weird when I'm around. I woke up and saw nothing but a white owl with black eyes, staring at me. I don't know if it was a vision or if it was really there. I've seen a lot of UFOs recently and I've been drawn to them. What could this mean? I've heard that these were signs of alien abduction.

Edited by xXSolemnDemonXx

Well thats alot to have going on. Set up cameras and show us some evidence. Thats what we love. Good luck.

• Like 3

she did it may have been a vision. So that may not be possible.

Ya know... Solemn... You are new, and posting a lot.. And yep, I've been kind of keeping an eye on you...

Across your general topics, you seem to be having a lot of sleep things, and possibly having some more tangible experiences. And you seem to be looking for some answers or other commentary, but you don't seem to be terribly open to mundane or skeptic views.

I would really suggest in an overall response to your general topics... Sit down and start writing this stuff out more in blog form rather than in separate threads. It's kind of hard to try to follow your dreams in the threads- it would be easier to see them together in a blog and compare and see if there is something or not.

PLEASE, please, also be open minded to mundane and skeptic views. Again, shadowing you... You seem to be having a series of theories or images going on that you have posted about... Please follow through on just as many mundane theories and thoughts as you seem to be having on supernatural or paranormal theories and thoughts.

And now I'm going to give a purely spooky viewpoint... The symbolism of the owl is wisdom. Not just knowledge, but knowledge that is well justified, and weighed, and has several different aspects.. Knowledge viewed from the wide eyes that sees all night and day. Wisdom. Perhaps if you are going to completely read into this, perhaps the owl is telling you to consider more angles to the situation than what you are focusing on currently with the all paranormal angle. Don't just look at the spooky part, but also look at other things. You will never catch the vole if you only look for rabbits.

• Like 6

Owls have nothing to do with aliens. They were used as symbolism to represent aliens in the film The Fourth Kind because they slightly resemble the typical description of 'greys' that some people claim to have seen. Just a visual metaphor in a film.

I'm guessing that you watched it recently.

• Like 6

Owls have nothing to do with aliens. They were used as symbolism to represent aliens in the film The Fourth Kind because they slightly resemble the typical description of 'greys' that some people claim to have seen. Just a visual metaphor in a film.

I'm guessing that you watched it recently.

That's exactly what I was going to say. The Fourth Kind has just been put up on Netflix online. Thinking this isn't a coincidence.

• Like 3

Owls have nothing to do with aliens.

Except in cases where owls were mistaken for aliens, like the Hopkinsville Goblins and the Flatwoods Monster.

• Like 2

Except in cases where owls were mistaken for aliens, like the Hopkinsville Goblins and the Flatwoods Monster.

Well, my ex boyfriend had a picture on his phone that we caught at my house. There was an owl creature.

Well, my ex boyfriend had a picture on his phone that we caught at my house. There was an owl creature with red eyes. He deleted it.

Lately, I've been feeling strange. In the middle of the night, I feel really uneasy. I feel like someone is watching me or that something isn't right. I've been waking up to banging on my window. Electronics sometimes act really weird when I'm around. I woke up and saw nothing but a white owl with black eyes, staring at me. I don't know if it was a vision or if it was really there. I've seen a lot of UFOs recently and I've been drawn to them. What could this mean? I've heard that these were signs of alien abduction.

Can you be more specific?

You woke up and saw the owl where?

Outside your bedroom window on the window ledge?

Standing on your bed right up close staring at you?

On a shelf in your bedroom?

Hovering in front of your eyes in a dark room? Did it have flapping wings? Was it just the owl's face or could you see the entire bird?

How long did you see the owl for? A second? A minute? Did it just disappear suddenly or fade away or what?

Sorry for the barrage interrogating questions, it can be helpful to try and make sense of stories like this with more detail. My guess is some sort of sleep hallucination, based upon my own experiences of seeing weird **** when waking up, but the OP is quite vague and it's hard (or impossible) to offer an opinion about such a vague experience.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 2

No worries. The werewolves will eat it. Owl problem solved.

• Like 3

A picture is worth a thousand words unless its been through Photoshop.

• Like 1

Can you be more specific?

You woke up and saw the owl where?

Outside your bedroom window on the window ledge?

Standing on your bed right up close staring at you?

On a shelf in your bedroom?

Hovering in front of your eyes in a dark room? Did it have flapping wings? Was it just the owl's face or could you see the entire bird?

How long did you see the owl for? A second? A minute? Did it just disappear suddenly or fade away or what?

Sorry for the barrage interrogating questions, it can be helpful to try and make sense of stories like this with more detail. My guess is some sort of sleep hallucination, based upon my own experiences of seeing weird **** when waking up, but the OP is quite vague and it's hard (or impossible) to offer an opinion about such a vague experience.

I saw it right in front of me. It was just the face. I saw it for a few seconds before it faded away.

No worries. The werewolves will eat it. Owl problem solved.

Best. Comment. Of. The. Whole. Day. :lol:

Well, the owl was more of a vision or a dream, I think. You don't have to believe what you don't want to. Even then, for skeptics, they could both have been hallucinations.

Well, the owl was more of a vision or a dream, I think. You don't have to believe what you don't want to. Even then, for skeptics, they could both have been hallucinations.

All silliness aside. I know its a really boring explanation and all, but isn't it possible - even likely that you were just dreaming? I know you will probably say that you are certain you weren't - most people who post what you have usually assert that there is no possible way you could have been dreaming. Doesn't it seem more likely though that instead of all the strange things that have been centering around you in the recent time period, that they are coming FROM you - in the form of dreams?

Its just very, very difficult for most of us here to put any faith in the say-so of anyone who posts here without some kind of objective evidence to back it up. Thats not a slight against you so please don't take it personally. Just remember that any extraordinary claim is going to have to be supported by extraordinary evidence to be taken seriously.

I would think you would want a mundane answer instead of aliens actually abducting you or causing problems in your house.

I saw it right in front of me. It was just the face. I saw it for a few seconds before it faded away.

Sounds like a hypnopompic hallucination (that's a fancy term for hallucinations people sometimes get during the transition from sleep to wakefulness). Usually people just wake up, but sometimes the transition doesn't go the way it should and people continue to hallucinate after their body has woken up (more or less, sometimes your body maintains REM atonia (it paralyzes itself to prevent you acting out your dreams physically resulting in sleep paralysis)).

I get them regularly. When distinguishes them from regular dreams is that they can feel extremely real, unlike dreams which have a, well, dreamlike, quality to them.

http://www.wisegeek....lucinations.htm

Hypnopompic hallucinations are often discussed along with hypnogogic hallucinations. Both of these have to do with hallucinations occurring as people enter or exit sleep. When people are just on the edge of sleep they might experience hypnogogic hallucinations. If a person is about to wake, he or she could have a hypnopompic hallucination.

What makes hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations different from dreams is that they tend to lack a story. Moreover the hallucinations may vary. People could experience a physical feeling, a smell, a sound, or quite frequently an image or sight.

The image could be a simple line, dot, pattern, or it could be a full person, animal or other. It is important to add that whatever experienced, the perception of something not there can feel very real. Hypnopompic hallucinations might make people bolt out of bed, and then feel very disoriented, or they sometimes create the sensation that the person is paralyzed and cannot move.

Hypnogogic and hypnopompic hallucinations are characterized by their “realness.” They also have a tendency to disrupt sleep. While they might suggest a person has sleep disorder, the hallucinations do not have much to say about the sanity of the person having them.

Edited by Archimedes
  • Like 1

If it faded away ,you probably saw it with your third eye

White owls are protection . I see them too .

I'm sure we are having a mass hallucination though .

;)

It could be a screen memory. Sometimes it is the image of an owl or a deer. It depends on the screen memory used to mask an actual abduction event.

You've claimed to have seen werewolves, UFOs, demons, objects flying around the room, the future, halo's and now an owl. I think the owl is the least of your problems.

Edited by DKO
  • Like 1

It could be a screen memory. Sometimes it is the image of an owl or a deer. It depends on the screen memory used to mask an actual abduction event.

*facepalm*

post-137406-0-10957900-1361708463_thumb.

click to enlarge