Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The 3 Great Forces (Power, Wisdom, Courage)

Arpee

The number 3 seems to be an important number that is associated with "creation" and "divinity". Another number associated with divinity/heaven is the number 7. For some reason these two numbers are - in ALMOST all cultures ancient and present - seen as GOOD numbers. According to the bible 3 is the number of creation, when something is said 3 times, it happens or confirmed. In Ancient Egyptian/Greek Hermeticism "Hermes Trismegistus" is called "thrice (3 times) great".

The Three Forces of Creation seem to be "Wisdom" , "Power", and "Courage". When you think about it, it makes sense.

Power would be Life/Spirit/Force/Essence.

Wisdom would be Balance/Love.

Courage would be Action/Movement.

In Christianity, There is God which is the creator or life essence, The Holy Spirit which is the Love/Balance or Giver of Wisdom, and The Son which had the courage to stay connected to Power (God/Creator) and Wisdom (Holy Spirit).

In Hinduism, There is Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu.

Brahma is the Creator, the Life-Giver (Power - Life/Creation).

Vishnu is the Maintainer (Wisdom - Balance/Love)

Shiva is The Transformer (Courage - Action)

Father (Power)

Son (Courage)

Spirit (Wisdom)

God (Power - Life)

Man - (Courage - Action)

Soul - (Wisdom - Love/Balance)

Body (Courage - Action/Movement)

Spirit (Power - Life force, essence)

Mind (Wisdom - Peace/Love/Balance)

Red (Power), Blue (Wisdom), Yellow/Green (Courage) - The three primary colors.

To me, it seems that COURAGE is the most important because without COURAGE you will not use the power nor would you apply the wisdom. It takes courage to know when to apply and actually use the power.

Yes, wisdom/Peace/Balance (Mind) and Power/Life (Spirit) is also important, but without Courage there is no engine to keep the entire thing MOVING.

• Like 1

There's a four great power.

Human Stupidity. I think it was Einstein who put it best - "there are two things that are infinite, the university and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe".

There's a four great power.

Human Stupidity. I think it was Einstein who put it best - "there are two things that are infinite, the university and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe".

Human stupidity is not a power - it is a lack of the power of courage.

Yes, I think courage is the main one too. Not that it is bigger or better than the other powers, but because it is central and linked to the other two on either side.. It is the essense that draws the others in.. I saw once in a vision three pyramids, the middle inflating while the outer two deflated.. Took me ages to work out that what I might have been seeing at a different layer was a merging of the three natures..

Edited by Professor T
  • Like 1

Belief in something that others tell them to believe in is stupid

Belief in something that others tell them to believe in is stupid

What does this have to do with Power, Wisdom, and Courage - and Courage being the most important as it gives the ability to USE Wisdom and Power?

I think Wisdom is the most important of the three. Without wisdom, power and courage can go astray. Wisdom keeps power and courage in balance.

I think Wisdom is the most important of the three. Without wisdom, power and courage can go astray. Wisdom keeps power and courage in balance.

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied.

What does this have to do with Power, Wisdom, and Courage - and Courage being the most important as it gives the ability to USE Wisdom and Power?

Oh maybe because you used a devine entity in your op I ask you if there is no devine entity that requires evil ask away.

Oh maybe because you used a devine entity in your op I ask you if there is no devine entity that requires evil ask away.

Ok, so I mentioned divine entities in order to provide a interpretation for the 3 things I am talking about (Power, Wisdom, Courage). What does this have to do with whether or not divine entities are evil or whether or not they should believe in such?

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied

True.

Power, I think, can be misinterpreted. There's a Zen story of a monk and his disciple watching a crowd of people in a marketplace. A big, burly man wants to cross through the crowd, so he pushes his way through, knocking people out of his way, making a big commotion..He finally gets to the other side.

The monk turns to his disciple and says, "That man has strength, but no power."

Then a frail old man wants to cross through the crowd. He sidles this way and that, passing easily between people in such a way that no one even notices he has passed. He gets to the other side, too.

The monk turns to his disciple again and says, "That man has no strength, but great power."

StarMountainKid,

Wow, that is the first time I heard that story. Yea, people seem to confuse "force (strength)" with "power". Controlling people or harming people for your own means is just force not true power. With true power you do not need to depend/control others to get what you want.

Yes without Wisdom - Power and Courage can go astray, but without Courage Power can't even be used, and Wisdom can't even be applied.

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed.

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed.

Focusing on self, inner peace, can be easily attained with courage. Not having wisdom, and not being fearful so not caring of questions but still having a curiosity and adventure of life. Not having power, but not caring as nothing can threaten you into fear.

• Like 1

This is a paradox.The powerful can overcome the courageous,the wise can out wit the powerful to exhaustion,and the courageous can push the wise to their limits.A equal balance of all 3 is needed

Yes, but the wise can stand aside and watch the powerful and the courageous consume each other.

Edited by StarMountainKid
  • Like 1

Focusing on self, inner peace, can be easily attained with courage. Not having wisdom, and not being fearful so not caring of questions but still having a curiosity and adventure of life. Not having power, but not caring as nothing can threaten you into fear.

Just saying i think balance is best,all 3 must work together to overcome the impossible.

Yes, but the wise can stand aside and watch the powerful and the courageous consume each other.

True but there will be a winner lol

Look at the option, No god required of any kind and over time we just are what we are. Just to be alive and get to the end requires all 3 plus more

• Like 1

Look at the option, No god required of any kind and over time we just are what we are. Just to be alive and get to the end requires all 3 plus more

I never said there was any god "required", nor did I claim or deny the existences of any gods...

I was not going into this on the religious part,only the philosophical.There is truth in what you say aswell,blind luck which i know some do not believe in has overcome all 3 at times in history!

CrimsonKing,

but isn't luck connected to courage? That is taking a risk and it takes courage to do that.