Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Circle Appears In Southern Indiana

topsecretresearch

Mysterious Circle Appears In Southern Indiana

9:05 AM EDT Jul 31, 2009

20236842_240X180.jpg

Lawn-Circle_photo_medium.jpg

OTISCO, Ind. —A couple in southern Indiana has a mystery on their hands that may just be out-of-this-world.

"He showed it to me," said Jean Drury. "I said, 'It's a UFO or someone spray-painted it while we were asleep.'"

Drury's husband Adam woke up Thursday and saw a perfect 12-foot circle on his lawn in Otisco.

They said a black substance was left on the grass and has a strange smell to it.

They have no idea how it got there.

Read more: http://www.wlky.com/...l#ixzz2LiwCQrUR

Edited by topsecretresearch

Too bad they did not contact a UFO organization to test the black substance. Could be a landing trace.

Voodoo!

p.s. That is one of the worst 'perfect' circles I've ever seen. (only saying)

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 3

Erm, that's a "perfect" circle? It clearly isn't.

One thing that gets my goat in the area of the paranormal is the usage of words and phrases like "perfect" in combination with words like "straight", "parallel", "circular" when describing something that is clearly not so even at a quick naked eye glance. It really doesn't do any favours for those who are trying to promote whatever it is they are trying to promote with such sloppy and inaccurate usage of otherwise very definite terms.

I must admit that I do not believe that the crop circles througout the world are all hoaxes. I see them as communication from someone somewhere, God, ET, not sure, but I don't think they're all fake. Way to much precision in regularity. Like it or not somethings are beyond explanation, as of now anyway.

However, there was a very bad drought this past year, all throughout the midwest in most places, and that picture is obviously right at the time that the drought was ending. I know for a fact that during the worst of it drain lines, water lines, septic perimeters, sprinkler lines, ... and other buried object such as old foundations, will not allow water to settle and the grass above it dies faster, first, and comes back last. This picture appears to me to be exactly that. Something in the center allowing water to be absorbed at the perimeter, surviving the worst of the drought and coming back quicker than the rest of the lawn about the area. I have a spot just like that where i spread sand over the years to keep the bottom ot the round swimming pool from poking a hole in the liner. The grass never comes back very well, but the surrounding perimeter was very well saturated and the root system never suffered. I really believe that is the case in the instance.

It coulb be a fungus or something natural or a prank but I'm curious what the mysterious black substance was. Debunkers claimed the Delphos, Kansas case was fungus but I don't believe that was the case. Of course, the ring looked different than this case where no UFO was observed.

Edited by topsecretresearch

It coulb be a fungus or something natural or a prank but I'm curious what the mysterious black substance was. Debunkers claimed the Delphos, Kansas case was fungus but I don't believe that was the case. Of course, the ring looked different than this case where no UFO was observed.

The black substance could be tiny fungal spores, which, collectively, can look like a very fine black powder. In the Delphos Kansas case (1971) the soil in the ring had a number of anomalous properties not obviously related to fungal growth. These included inability of the soil to absorb moisture, and various changes in soil chemistry.

the circles come from moisture from a previous rainfall, the grass which is obviously thick soaked it in and the next day on a sunny day it caked or baked rather within the grass cause the circle to appear. and on the drought...i dont believe that. that grass is just too damned green unless they were watering it or they had a trampoline there possibly

Edited by JoeyLuisLeel

They're called Fairy Rings

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Fairy_ring

We have them round were I live.

Can`t believe people do not know about them!

Fungus is a great thing!!

Indeed. How one does not know that is mind boggling...

Cheers,

Badeskov

Because Badeskov if you are educated in any field of human knowledge you would know answer. (Im sure you did. You are just fine example that good grades doesnt grant you insights.)

As far you progress, as you learn, you become more and more specalized in one field. To the tiny fraction of that knowledge. If you are doctor you become specalized in one field of medicine. For example. In the end, you end up as person who knows and understand one tiny part of whole human knowledge.

Cheers,

L

Edited by the L

Because Badeskov if you are educated in any field of human knowledge you would know answer. (Im sure you did. You are just fine example that good grades doesnt grant you insights.)

As far you progress, as you learn, you become more and more specalized in one field. To the tiny fraction of that knowledge. If you are doctor you become specalized in one field of medicine. For example. In the end, you end up as person who knows and understand one tiny part of whole human knowledge.

Cheers,

L

Sorry, I did not quite get what you mean. I knew of fairy rings before I even started in school, they were plentiful in my parents garden.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Sorry, I did not quite get what you mean. I knew of fairy rings before I even started in school, they were plentiful in my parents garden.

Cheers,

Badeskov

So because its common knowledge to you they must be common knowledge to everyone? Amazing.

Cheers,

L

So because its common knowledge to you they must be common knowledge to everyone? Amazing.

Cheers,

L

That is rather the definition of common knowledge

If not from personal experience, then there is always Google. Unless one prefers fringe web sites as main source of information. Then "common knowledge" becomes a little more subjective.

• Like 2

To whom? LOL

The majority of the populace of course. Common knowledge defined: something widely or generally known.

The majority of the populace of course. Common knowledge defined: something widely or generally known.

Okay maybe you didnt understand my previous post.

Lets try again.

If I know something about specific phenomenan does that mean its common knowledge?

Okay maybe you didnt understand my previous post.

Lets try again.

If I know something about specific phenomenan does that mean its common knowledge?

Sorry to interrupt, but this is not a specific phenomena, its just plain and simple fairy rings. I do understand though if someone has not seen them before then they would find it strange, but personally I would have googled it first , there it would have shown that it was common in many parts and common knowledge too.

peace

Its not common knowledge. And its phenomenan.

Common knowledge is that Egyptians built pyramids and done mummies, that Chinese invented compass, paper, printing and gunpowder. Socrates was philosopher.

That Spainyard conquer Aztecs and Inca. That Newton discover gravity. That Eiffel tower is in Paris...

Not fairy rings. Im sure 99% people of the world never heard of it. And when you compare with number of people who heard about Egyptian pyramids or Eiffel tower Fairy ring isnt common knowledge.

I dunno, mushroom rings/fairy rings are pretty commonly known all around my area too. I wouldn't say every person knows them, but a great deal of the people do. I've never seen fairy rings quite as big as what's in the OP article, but I have seen a few that were at least 5 feet across.

Anywho, I had a thought... I don't know anything about the area to know if they have a septic tank or not, but perhaps the circle is indicative of some early septic tank problems?

Its not common knowledge. And its phenomenan.

Common knowledge is that Egyptians built pyramids and done mummies, that Chinese invented compass, paper, printing and gunpowder. Socrates was philosopher.

That Spainyard conquer Aztecs and Inca. That Newton discover gravity. That Eiffel tower is in Paris...

Not fairy rings. Im sure 99% people of the world never heard of it. And when you compare with number of people who heard about Egyptian pyramids or Eiffel tower Fairy ring isnt common knowledge.

99% is pretty high.

The Pyramids or the Eiffel Tower or any of the other listed above are not exactly things which pop up out of the ground at certain times of the year and then go away again in a week or so, so maybe that is why people are more aware of them!

My point was, a google search would have shown that fairy rings are quite common and not a mystery. It does not mean that everyone has heard of them, true, but it certainly is not one of the worlds mysteries...so as for "mysterious circles".........sorry, but they are not.