Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Chelyabinsk meteor: Many Russians unconvinced

Still Waters

So you do believe all that your Government tells you about the threat from Others? Well, is there any difference from any Government telling its People that there's a danger from somewhere or other?

You say that there is a difference in that there is a real and clear and present danger from Islamic Extremists? Well, terrorists (particularly Chechens) have been quite busy in Russia; much busier, in fact, than Islamic terrorists have been in the U.S.

I do, I would not travel overseas without checking the DFAT website.

Of course there is a CT. What the heck else is Pravda going to write about this week?

• Like 1

I do, I would not travel overseas without checking the DFAT website.

really? Heavens. Do they say what todays Terror Alert Status is? I bet I could guess: I bet, if there was one, it would be Red. It always is.

I believe it is a message from god telling them a spaceship is on its way to send a trojan horse to test its ballistic missile out on the Russians by order of the US.... but it crashed!

Or the Doctor has performed another dodgy landing.

really? Heavens. Do they say what todays Terror Alert Status is? I bet I could guess: I bet, if there was one, it would be Red. It always is.

They warn of unrest, if a coup is happening, which could be any other week in Fiji, or any other thing a traveller should be aware of, I have even have worked with them. Sample of todays headlines:

Latest news

A valuable travel resource IMHO, just as important is visiting the travel doctor. You do that I trust?

Oh yes, that's just like the Foreign Office do, I think that's pretty much standard procedure for most Governments. I don't know how much notice anyone ever takes of it, though.

Oh yes, that's just like the Foreign Office do, I think that's pretty much standard procedure for most Governments. I don't know how much notice anyone ever takes of it, though.

Really? Everyone I know how travels does. It seems a good idea to me. Look before you leap and all that. Like visiting the travel doctor to get your shots. I take it the Foreign Office is the UK version of DFAT?

Good name isn't it, DFAT. You say it how it sounds D-FAT. Mmmm Chunky.

Edited by psyche101

Of course there is a CT. What the heck else is Pravda going to write about this week?

Anything they like as less than 0,4% of population read Pravda, and probably by nobody below age of 50, or 80.... It's nothing to do with state anymore, simply mouthpiece of Zyuganov's communist party

Top rated comment in Russian on the youtube videos is (with some liberties in translation) "Swearing by people of Chelyabinsk is so bad that meteorites burnt with shame before hitting"......

I sincerely hope you're not basing that on some ridiculous 911 conspiracy theory, because there's no comparison.

And is it the U.S. government posting all the terror sites online that say death to America?

Is it the U.S. government burning the flag in foreign countries?

Go ahead. Now spew out your conspiracy theory...............

Don't think that saying that the American government mislead it's citizens into supporting the decision to invade Iraq through tall tales of immediate danger from Weapons of Mass Destruction. is really counted as a 9-11 conspiracy. It's kind of awkward if you don't think that there is at least a percentage of truth in that. Big difference between not believing crazy tin-foil wearing whack-jobs and just straight up denying fact.