Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

should sex offenders be chemically castrated?

ali smack

18 members have voted

1. 1. should sex offenders be chemically castrated

• yes. if they are proven
    • no. They shouldn't be.
    • Sometimes.
    • Not bothered either way

Sorry about that, I meant to quote yours, and add my two examples.....Long day I guess....I read yours, and came back later to post....My bad.

Those types of discrepancies in our allocation of justice deserve repeating. No harm no foul.

Nope the lowest trivial cases aren't worth it(AsteroidX and Sakari's examples) and the worst cases should get far far worse. I could easily live with the worst of them all getting tortured but there are laws protecting against that sort of thing.......

My cousin fell pray to the 16/18 high school sex offender list bull. He has been married to the girl for nearly 15 years now. Their life together though has been very very difficult because he is on that registry.

Nope the lowest trivial cases aren't worth it(AsteroidX and Sakari's examples) and the worst cases should get far far worse. I could easily live with the worst of them all getting tortured but there are laws protecting against that sort of thing.......

My cousin fell pray to the 16/18 high school sex offender list bull. He has been married to the girl for nearly 15 years now. Their life together though has been very very difficult because he is on that registry.

That sucks.....Total bull****.

Time and time again... rape is about control, not sex for the most part. A chemically castrated person can still rape someone with with an object or their hands. Also, a chemically castrated male can actually counteract the drugs with one of many testosterone boosting meds on the market.

Violent or repeat sexual offenders should be removed from the world.

Exactly. It is frustrating that some people cannot get this through their heads.

• Like 1

I'm not in it for an 'eye for an eye' nor as a deterrent for future rapists, this is obviously a person who can't function in society, a person who can't control sexual urges or violent urges. Stealing is one thing, murder and rape are crimes against a person's a body, completely different then stealing someone's car or ruining their property. Rapists and murderers destroy people, simple.

Totally agree. And, IMO, yes a person can be falsely accused of rape, that is why I believe that serial rapists should be put to death. Once someone has repeatedly forced their will on others, then obvioulsy they can't be reformed and re-enter society.

Not deffending the act but rape is not murder so an eye for an eye does not balance out in the balance of law.

Straw man much?
The death penalty hasn`t stopped murder 1.
But have stopped numerous re-offenders.
  • Like 1

Well I voted yes, but zooaphiles.... Really. Not them. It's deviant but we slit animals throats for food, and others shoot them for fun. Some deviant getting his jollies off of one dosnt seem to warrant castration.

Also if there is a very clear cut case and no real possibility of mistake, screw chemical castration, cut the dam thing off and make them p*** through a whole in their skin. In my opinion they lost the right to use it. Same rules as a gun or a knife, drivers license, alcohol... Whatever. They don't "need" it, so chop it off. I have had young Iranian girls who are my students tell me that' when they are in Iran, they are allowed to walk to stores... Hang out go where ever they want... Whatever because they are perfectly safe, but in the states they are not allowed to even walk to the corner. Guess why?

Edited by Seeker79
  • Like 2

Does chemically castrating a male sex offender stop him from ever committing a sex related crime? What do we do with women sex offenders?

I think they should all be put to death if proven guilty.

You do have a point regarding female sex offenders? you can't castrate them. Unless you numb there hands or/and tongues. But I think that probably isn't possible. If it where I'd think you should do that to sex offenders as well.

I would say chemically castrating a male does stop him, because he no longer will have any urges, especially if he's a child molester.

I don't think they should be pit to death because I don't think it benefits the victims and I don't think it's a bigger enough punishment for the said offenders. But I can understand why people would agree with executing someone like Sidney Cooke or Warwick Spinx for instance. It means they can never come out again.

Well I voted yes, but zooaphiles.... Really. Not them. It's deviant but we slit animals throats for food, and others shoot them for fun. Some deviant getting his jollies off of one dosnt seem to warrant castration.

Also if there is a very clear cut case and no real possibility of mistake, screw chemical castration, cut the dam thing off and make them p*** through a whole in their skin. In my opinion they lost the right to use it. Same rules as a gun or a knife, drivers license, alcohol... Whatever. They don't "need" it, so chop it off. I have had young Iranian girls who are my students tell me that' when they are in Iran, they are allowed to walk to stores... Hang out go where ever they want... Whatever because they are perfectly safe, but in the states they are not allowed to even walk to the corner. Guess why?

Well Yes you could castrate them. I agree if proven guilty then yes I don't think anyone's going to upset if a child molester or serial rapist loses there penis. Regarding Zoophiles, I have to disagree. They should be punished severely because it has being proven that a lot of them are child molesters as well and vica versa. Also Animals can't consent so it's like molesting children. I agree we eat animals, but that is different. Some animals are bred for food and are meant to be killed in a kind way. If there killed in a cruel, horrible way then those people should be punished as well, but not castrated IMO.

Pedophiles are lower then serial killers in my opinion, because atleast most serial killers pray on someone thats capable of defending themselves.

Predators will always exist, look at nature. If a predator is caught in the act then kill them like a wolf eating your cow. Get proof of the wolf first.

I agree but I will not be a part of any type of murder. Life in prison.

I agree also - I wish it was as easy as death, but we become no more than they are.... its like the GOD in the bible, kills all them people, and we say to these christian.... Man you god isnt loving and helpful... he kills you if you dont agree with him,

Same thing here... we are playing the role of god... thinking we are doing good for humanity..... when the crimials family(as disgusted as they may be) will lose a family member.... and its not fair on the criminals family to lose him because of his sick twisted mind set...

These people are sick as in mental ill- Yes they may know right from wrong but they are still a person, and is on this planet for the same reason as you and I... they just want to be happy too.

So either way you spin it - it sucks.... thats the nature of the beast.... murdering them will not help... and I am happy for my taxes to keep them from soceity - More than I am for paying for the politians huge pay rises just to make rules to tax me more.

Its a very emotion and touchy subject.... and I beleive isnt as simple as just kill them. TO many variables to consider.

my 2 cents

Kind Regards,

Me :)

What purpose does chemical castration serve?

Does that allow them to be let out of prison?

Might as well also cut-out their mouths so they don't sodomize. And their arms, so they can't introduce gross things and/orkill the victim.

Nah, just keep them in prison.

• Like 1

Pedophiles are lower then serial killers in my opinion, because atleast most serial killers pray on someone thats capable of defending themselves.

They wouldn't be serial killers if their victims could defend themselves because said Victims would be alive and not dead. Where's that idea come from? Who'll a serial killer go for d'you reckon: A big burly black belt in ju-jitsu, or a frail old man? I doubt they'll choose the person who'll be able to defend themselves.

Edited by Sean93

First of all, this question is assuming that all abusers are male, straightforward rapists (who do not use objects, molest or assault their victims), and who will not respond to rehabilitation treatments. My answer is no, this will not fix the problem. If they are re-offenders, they will re-offend with or without their 'junk'.

:hmm:

• Like 2

If proven guilty beyond a doubt I think they should lose their junk ( leave them with just a pee hole) and be sentenced to hard labor for life. You can not rehabilitate these monsters........

They wouldn't be serial killers if their victims could defend themselves because said Victims would be alive and not dead. Where's that idea come from? Who'll a serial killer go for d'you reckon: A big burly black belt in ju-jitsu, or a frail old man? I doubt they'll choose the person who'll be able to defend themselves.

Most serial killers have a set victim that there looking for, most of these victims are adults with working brains that can determine whether there getting into a dangerous situation. Whether or not there killed or not. The difference being children are trusting and are not as aware as adults are of predators...