Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What happens when you die?

skullgunner1

I don't know what to do, as an intro. I've been believing in God my entire life but... there's a lot of good arguments against him. I'm afraid to doubt him, because, if he does after all exist, and I doubt him, and if I go and get hit by a bus, I go to hell for all of eternity. And it's strange because I'm taking an Apologetic's class, which makes me question theories.

So, I'm asking you guys, what do YOU think happens after you die? I've done a bunch of research on this case and, with recent scientific studies, it shows that a consciousness cannot simply go away and disappear. In fact, it just leaves your body once you die. What do you think happens after that?

I don't know what to do, as an intro. I've been believing in God my entire life but... there's a lot of good arguments against him. I'm afraid to doubt him, because, if he does after all exist, and I doubt him, and if I go and get hit by a bus, I go to hell for all of eternity. And it's strange because I'm taking an Apologetic's class, which makes me question theories.

So, I'm asking you guys, what do YOU think happens after you die? I've done a bunch of research on this case and, with recent scientific studies, it shows that a consciousness cannot simply go away and disappear. In fact, it just leaves your body once you die. What do you think happens after that?

Could you link those studies by any chance?

• Like 2

Wasn't published on the internet.

I've done a bunch of research on this case and, with recent scientific studies, it shows that a consciousness cannot simply go away and disappear.

Not a problem, someone has them, so can you publish what ever "studies" you have found out with your research on here now?

Can I also ask where you found these studies you found during your research?

Edited by freetoroam

I've done a bunch of research on this case and, with recent scientific studies, it shows that a consciousness cannot simply go away and disappear.

Not a problem, someone has them, so can you publish what ever "studies" you have found out with your research on here now?

Can I also ask where you found these studies you found during your research?

Now that I recall, they didn't give much information as to who contributed to the project, it's one of those things on T.V. I assumed it would be true or they could be legally sued, but, I'm not sure.

Now that I recall, they didn't give much information as to who contributed to the project, it's one of those things on T.V. I assumed it would be true or they could be legally sued, but, I'm not sure.

ON TV?? And not on the internet?

Ok, what t.v programme was it and we will look at it ourselves? ...........................................don`t tell me you do not remember!! You have said you have done a bunch of research, and now you tell us you saw it on t.v?

Are you the shapeshifting skinwalker from the other night?

Edited by freetoroam

I know for a fact that consciousness doesn't simply come from no where. I remember for first thought, so this is life.

• Like 1

The best position is not to speculate beyond the known facts.

Do you personally have an experience which suggests to you that there is something before and after this life. If not then all you are doing is constructing fantasies or accepting someone else's word for something you cannot verify.

My experience is that you will (eventually) be far happier if you accept the limits of your knowledge and be the best person you can be with the life you have. Any superior being who would expect more of you isn't the sort of entity who you should be offering worship to.

Br Cornelius

I have seen a ghost so I believe your spirit/consciousness leaves your body. What happens to it afterwards or is there a light you walk into I don't know.

The best position is not to speculate beyond the known facts.

Do you personally have an experience which suggests to you that there is something before and after this life. If not then all you are doing is constructing fantasies or accepting someone else's word for something you cannot verify.

My experience is that you will (eventually) be far happier if you accept the limits of your knowledge and be the best person you can be with the life you have. Any superior being who would expect more of you isn't the sort of entity who you should be offering worship to.

Br Cornelius

I agree with this. I said it before if your being good to get into heavon, your doing it for the wrong reason.

Wasn't published on the internet.

Isn't that convenient.

Were they even published in a scientific journal?

I personally think there is a afterlife of some sorts. Not really big on the whole christan thing though. So i dont think you need to worry about "hell" i strongly believe there is no such place.

Jesus Christ truly is the answer, believe me through my own personal experiences. If you question the existance of whether or not there is a spiritual realm, or whether there is a God, I recommend the book Science Set Free by Rupert Sheldrake. It basically proves the atheistic view of reality to be outright exhausted, ehaggerated and false. (I know many won't like that comment, but regardless it's true)

Now whether or not you accept Jesus Christ as the answer or not, it's entirely up to you. I'll be praying that you make the right decision my friend. I can assure you through my own experiences that he's the real thing, and I implore you to ask him personally in order to find the answer. He is able to hear you and speak to you and loves you dearly. Ask, and it will be given to you. Seek, and you will find. Knock, and the door will be opened for you. If you pray to him and ask him to reveal himself to you, and you continue to seek him, the truth will be given. If you don't believe me, then at least try it. It's not like it'll hurt anything.

If you have any questions or just simply wish to talk, feel free to PM me anytime. :) I'll be praying for you my friend.

Peace

God bless

• Like 2

My opinion on afterlife is rather on the middle of the road.

I think afterlife is a shared dream, no more no less. Probably it's not divided as heaven and hell. Ancient Egyptians believed that afterlife is like an extension of this life.

Screw God, people first.

I'll give you the general run down and average experience.

1st you will find yourself floating over your body and confused.

2nd there will some sort of tunnel with a brightening at the end of it.

3rd. Although this can happen before the 2nd or after the third it's a little different for everyone. You will experience a life review. Your entire life will flash before your eyes. It's cliche for a reason.

4. You will be greatet by someone/s you know to make your transition easier.

5. You will encounter the light and have a merger experience. ( at this pont if you were particularly clouded you might need to spend some time processing it... This is the fabled hell, but don't worry you will emerge.

6.) you will occupy an existence of freedom for a while. Go fishing with your uncle, hang with gramps... Whatever. When you get bored you can choose another life.

This is just what I have gathered from others and my own experiences. But who knows :)

Edited by Seeker79

I'll give you the general run down and average experience.

Actually the average experience is nothingness. This has been pointed out to you before.

Actually the average experience is nothingness. This has been pointed out to you before.

All do respect rlyeh you don't have the slightest clue the dynamics of altered state experiences, and your OPINIONS are based on nothin more than your ignorance. Sorry brother.

All do respect rlyeh you don't have the slightest clue the dynamics of altered state experiences, and your OPINIONS are based on nothin more than your ignorance. Sorry brother.

It would appear your math is just as pitiful as your reading. *snip*

11% isn't average.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....6?dopt=Abstract

Edited by Paranoid Android
Removed insult

It would appear your math is just as pitiful as your reading. Should've paid more attention in school *snip*

11% isn't average.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....6?dopt=Abstract

How can you possibly even begin to to come up with a percentage when you don't have a clue. You do realize that right. You don't really know what you are talking about *snip* I used to tutor in college . Statistics through research papers. Your problem brother is that you only believe what you read without aplying an iota of critical thought. I will not even try to explaine it to you mostly because I i have this gut feeling that you are on the spectrum *snip*

Removed inflammatory remark/s

How can you possibly even begin to to come up with a percentage when you don't have a clue. You do realize that right. You don't really know what you are talking about *snip* I used to tutor in college . Statistics through research papers. Your problem brother is that you only believe what you read without aplying an iota of critical thought. I will not even try to explaine it to you mostly because I i have this gut feeling that you are on the spectrum *snip*

I thought you would've learned by now seeker. If you read the article, you'd understand where the percentage came from. The article does not support your statement.

At first I thought it was ignorance, but no one can be so clueless, making the same mistake time and time again. We learn from mistakes, however it appears you lack this valuable faculty. *snip*

BTW Kent Hovind apparently taught science in school, look what a tool he is. If someone hired him, why not you? :lol:

Removed personal attack

It all depends on how dependent mind is on brain. There is lots of evidence that mind is very much a product of brain -- especially the storage and recall of memory.

Still the mysteries of sentience and consciousness, and a variety of other things we find in human beings, such as devotion, altruism, humor, art, duty, and so on, while no doubt partly deriving from natural selection and the building by it of instincts, still remain basically unexplained. Now just because something is unexplained is not grounds for leaping all over the place and deciding we have an afterlife and so on -- it only presents the idea that mind might have some aspects independent of physical causality -- of brain.

The Hindu-Buddhist concept of mind as a process comparable to a flame or a wave in the water fits this concept of mind using brain to do its thing, but being independent of it. When the brain dies, this process is left bereft of most of its functionality -- especially most if not all of its memories, and it very much wants to get its life back.

The rest of the story has been told before.

I thought you would've learned by now seeker. If you read the article, you'd understand where the percentage came from. The article does not support your statement.

At first I thought it was ignorance, but no one can be so clueless, making the same mistake time and time again. We learn from mistakes, however it appears you lack this valuable faculty. *snip*.

BTW Kent Hovind apparently taught science in school, look what a tool he is. If someone hired him, why not you? :lol:

You did not deni it. You are spectrum are you not?

edited quote

You did not deni it. You are spectrum are you not?

*snip*

Specify what spectrum. Because I've already explained to you I have clinical depression and anxiety disorders, however these aren't learning disorders.

Remove personal attack